Optimal Use of Time Dilation (Gul'dan Encounter) - Fury

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you had some tips on proper/optimal use of Time Dilation in the Gul'dan encounter, specifically heroic mode.

The reason being is I've spoken with a couple of other warriors in Gul'dan pugs and received some differing opinions and I've yet to see anything on the topic here.

That said, how do you use Time Dilation?

Thanks,
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Right after first fell efflux, first, second, fourth, fifth, sets of eyes with CDs. At least that's what I've been doing since eyes are apparently tough. I regularly do double the damage on eyes of other raiders

You have ~7 seconds from the start of the encounter until the damage from the first fel will wipe off the haste. This will allow the majority of your CD timers. I use it right off the bat with CD's. Depending on how fast we kill the adds, sometimes i am able to use it again before transition. It is back up for the eyes, and i try to use it on the eyes exclusively until phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoliage View Post
    You have ~7 seconds from the start of the encounter until the damage from the first fel will wipe off the haste. This will allow the majority of your CD timers. I use it right off the bat with CD's. Depending on how fast we kill the adds, sometimes i am able to use it again before transition. It is back up for the eyes, and i try to use it on the eyes exclusively until phase 3.
    Why not just use it immediately after the first fel flame as there's no benefit to using it with cooldowns?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortus View Post
    Why not just use it immediately after the first fel flame as there's no benefit to using it with cooldowns?
    How the hell does 30% faster attack speed, 30% faster CDs, and 30% faster dots not benefit using with CDs? You should always use it in conjunction with your CDs.

I've been personally using it at the start, a minute into the fight, and then for every Eye of Guldan. First 2 uses may not be the perfect time to use them but people don't talk too much about it and I don't think it's tracked through Warcraft Logs to review others usage. At least I can't fight it.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-03-11 at 05:34 AM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    ... and I don't think it's tracked through Warcraft Logs to review others usage. At least I can't fight it.
    For some reason it shows under debuffs (as Time Dilation)

I macro'd it to Battle cry (and colossus smash, I think). I was getting high uptime of the buff compared to others, and I guess it was good for my dps used in conjunction with Battle Cry. But I'm not sure that is best for this fight.
    Dunno if it should it be saved for the first adds that appear and other stuff that needs to die fast, or to instead use with other CDs to get the max possible DPS out of it.

Deleted
    How the hell does 30% faster attack speed, 30% faster CDs, and 30% faster dots not benefit using with CDs? You should always use it in conjunction with your CDs.

I've been personally using it at the start, a minute into the fight, and then for every Eye of Guldan. First 2 uses may not be the perfect time to use them but people don't talk too much about it and I don't think it's tracked through Warcraft Logs to review others usage. At least I can't fight it.
    Most of BC consumed by DoS.

Hey, the thing you forgot is that literally EVERYTHING is 30% faster while you are on it, including the BC, Avatar and Old War uptime. In other words you gain nothing dmg wise from being on its effect or not. the only thing you actually win from all of this is time. That means that you will just do everything someone else does 30% faster while on its effect, which is not particularly any strong when used on ST hitting gul'dan, but is quite strong when used on targets that sooner or later die/expire (adds, eyes) because it literally saves you 30% time of dpsing multiple targets. That said, if you are on a group with 4+ strong melee dps on eyes ( havoc, fury, frost dk, ww etc) and ranged that will also deal dmg to eyes, they get burned so fast that there is almost no actual gain from timing it together with the eyes. This makes the extra button to be just a way to accelerate the CD downtimes in order to press your CD's as much as possible. So the actual idea of pressing it at start, is to use it as much as possible to have better uptime on CD's.

Finally, everything i said is for HC gul'dan mostly. Also have in mind that the 30% faster time, means that it increases the default problems you have with latency by 30%, meaning you having to spam your next skill like crazy ( actually 30% faster ) in order not to waste that less than seconds ticks of time between 2 skills.
    Last edited by Faerthosx; 2017-03-11 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerthosx View Post
    Finally, everything i said is for HC gul'dan mostly. Also have in mind that the 30% faster time, means that it increases the default problems you have with latency by 30%, meaning you having to spam your next skill like crazy ( actually 30% faster ) in order not to waste that less than seconds ticks of time between 2 skills.
    It also means that the dead time before and after Draught (~0.15s each way) eats up an overall larger portion of Battle Cry, since it isn't sped up.

The above statements are correct - on single target, it doesn't really matter when you use it, as long as it's after your abilities go on CD. Using it on multi-target only matters if the targets would otherwise die during your cds without it.

Really the main strength of the buff is simply to bring CDs back up faster, which isn't an issue for Fury to begin with.

So what I'm hearing is to use it early & often, with the caveat being that you've recently used your offensive CD's with the goal being to get those CD's back 30% faster because of Time Dilation.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Hey, the thing you forgot is that literally EVERYTHING is 30% faster while you are on it, including the BC, Avatar and Old War uptime. In other words you gain nothing dmg wise from being on its effect or not. the only thing you actually win from all of this is time. That means that you will just do everything someone else does 30% faster while on its effect, which is not particularly any strong when used on ST hitting gul'dan, but is quite strong when used on targets that sooner or later die/expire (adds, eyes) because it literally saves you 30% time of dpsing multiple targets. That said, if you are on a group with 4+ strong melee dps on eyes ( havoc, fury, frost dk, ww etc) and ranged that will also deal dmg to eyes, they get burned so fast that there is almost no actual gain from timing it together with the eyes. This makes the extra button to be just a way to accelerate the CD downtimes in order to press your CD's as much as possible. So the actual idea of pressing it at start, is to use it as much as possible to have better uptime on CD's.

So to clarify, you are saying that if you need to kill eyes quick, align the CD with your offensive CDs? However, if your raid is dpsing them down fast enough, just use this on cooldown without our other DPS CDs (BC/Ava etc)?

Sorry I read this over twice and wasn't 100% on what the consensus is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I use it on CD as long as a phase isn't about to start/end, I'm not about to get hit by fire damage, and it isn't the 2nd use (I don't use that until the start of P2.)

Deleted

Well, never thought about it that way, makes a lot of sense.

What I was doing on HC was popping it on pull, so it comes back around the time we're finishing the inquisitor / fel lord, and then is up for the first set of eyes. It's then up for every eye spawn, that we're having real trouble with as far as killing them goes (because we're shit). Guess I'll just pop it after the first BC, and it should still be up for the eyes as it doesn't really seem to be doing that much on ST dps since it won't make the adds die significantly faster.