Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Hearthstone Price Pack Goes Up in EU

So, a disgusting move by Blizzard, they're increasing the cost of a pack and blaming it on the market conditions. Pure BS basically.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2307-h...-europe-for-pc

They could counter much of the anger from people about this by simply making sure that you always get at least 1 card you do not already have, would make them look a lot less greedy .... or up the amount of dust you get from nuking cards.

So your comparative price is lower than other countries and you're angry about it getting properly adjusted? I don't feel bad man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play once a month to get my ranked card back and that's it and I been using a deck that's like nearly a year old lol. I dont buy cards anymore. Good thing too
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    In an indirect way this is kind of good news for free-to-play players. They could make it £100 a pack for all I care.

I mean ythe euro and the £ dropped a lot. It just seems fair, though I would have done it slower.

they could have made all the prices in USD and had the transaction processor convert it to your currency on the spot, then you would have a variable rate but you may come out ahead if your currency rises again.
    Last edited by BigAssBoy; 2017-03-12 at 05:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    In an indirect way this is kind of good news for free-to-play players. They could make it £100 a pack for all I care.
    Its not really good news since you're not actually gaining anything. Additionally, if Blizzard isn't happy by the income they're getting, they will take actions that increases it(for example making it no longer possible to buy packs/arena entries with gold or reduced gold sources) and then you would care. For example back when they added some expansion, they made the 100g quest no longer appear ("a bug").

Personally, I think this is all very greedy. HS is moving to a 3 expansions per year mode (and expansions are much much more expensive than adventures) and overall the state of the game atm isn't that great. I'm a f2p player and I go infinite in Arena which means I can afford this for now, but a new player will definitely not invest the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Its not really good news since you're not actually gaining anything.
    We're gaining indirectly by the fact that people will be buying less packs so the playing field on the ladder will be levelled a bit.

Well the cost to make the card packs went up! The ink to print the cards is expensive ever since the ink factory caught fire in Westfall.

Deleted
    We're gaining indirectly by the fact that people will be buying less packs so the playing field on the ladder will be levelled a bit.
    It only costs ~8000 dust to make a Meta #1 top deck(and far less if its the aggro variety). The Ladder experience will roughly always be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh, game went downhill a long time ago. This is just it continuing to roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz did it as well with WoW prices for 10 years anniversary remember? I call it bs, because US, Asia & Ocenia stays untouched with prices.

i've basically given up with hearthstone the grind/cost to keep up is crazy, wanting to play different/fun decks requires legendaries and epics, and the dust costs are fucking dumb considering you get 1/4 of the dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I am glad it has gone up as now I can step away from the game and not care, Old prices I didn't feel too guilty wasting money on it as it wasn't a big deal but to put the price up of a 60 pack by £12 is just plain cash grabbing and has no merit no matter what way you cut it,

Well if it is just balancing pricing with regard to what the other regions pay, this should have happened sooner.

On the topic of paying $$ for packs, I still stand by my claim HS packs being a microtransaction scam. Blizzard really should take some steps to make buying packs with real money viable and worthwhile. Like @Drungan said, they could at least ensure you get one new card from the pack that you don't already have.

The price itself isn't a huge issue to me because it's those people who buy packs that keep the servers running for all the F2P people. Could it be cheaper? Sure. Can Blizzard price it the way they deem appropriate for the costs of maintaining the game? Of course. Could they give a better experience to the people actually buying the packs? They should be.

I wonder if this is a Brexit effect. As long as they don't raise the gold prize it doesn't affect me that much, I've never bought packs with real money unless i got presented with gift cards. I did buy some adventure wings with real money but now they don't release them anymore, and I rarely do arena which I also buy with gold. This kind of scumbag move is probably going to turn people to other good card games like Eternal, Gwent, Elder Scrolls. All from who I've heard that they are a lot more generous to new players. If Blizzard doesn't adept then they're going to lose players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why it's such a big deal that the price of packs has gone up. You can play the game for free and as @Aladya says you can always make the #1 meta deck for minimal dust and get the same ladder experience! Let others donate to Blizzard and be content. As for Arena that's a total freeroll and always will be.

Some people like collecting things you say? They're worthless virtual cards ffs, save your money for things actually worth something!

I don't understand why it's such a big deal that the price of packs has gone up. You can play the game for free and as @Aladya says you can always make the #1 meta deck for minimal dust and get the same ladder experience!
    I remember trying this game like a year ago, didn't put any money into it and made like a basic deck with cards you get from leveling up the classes, so I made a standard deck as suggested in one of the beginner videos and it went well for a few games, till you rise to like rank 20 and get people with various legendaries.

I was nowhere near the dust amount I needed to make that super uber deck by the time I was ready to poke my eyes out with a fork cause all these legendaries and high end cards kept shitting on my free basic beginner deck, sure I expect this later in the game but not the first hour or 2 hours of playing.

Don't care if it was cause of a ladder reset or they were just bad players who bought tons of packs, if u cant do shit all in any of those games ur not gonna make it to the point where u got the dust ( still speaking you don't want to put real money to card packs )

I don't understand why it's such a big deal that the price of packs has gone up. You can play the game for free and as @Aladya says you can always make the #1 meta deck for minimal dust and get the same ladder experience! Let others donate to Blizzard and be content. As for Arena that's a total freeroll and always will be.

Some people like collecting things you say? They're worthless virtual cards ffs, save your money for things actually worth something!
    +1

Blizzard is telling you "Do NOT spend real money on this game !"