Thread: MoP Timewalking

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    if they want newer players to experience it the way it was meant to be when it was current it should be hard not aoe zerg fests
    lol you thought the MoP dungeons were hard?
    The difficulty in comparison is the exact same. Just everything dies a little faster this time around. The only ones that should actually be challenging are the Cata and TBC ones.

Deleted
    Nothing to say for the moment, after 83 TW dungeons since wednesday.
    Massives amount of player don't know theses dungeons, can slow down your rush (especially for Vizir @ niuzao)
    https://goo.gl/EsZBmg
    Last edited by mmocf2b6c3b75f; 2017-03-11 at 09:48 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    I find MoP TW goes a lot faster than the dungeons originally went at release. (Or at its set ilvl)
    They sure are fast and easy. Also the low hp on everything still feels odd to me, as when I quit in 5.2, there wasn't a stat squish yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
    The first boss of Jade Temple (the water elemental summoning fellow)
    Not. The. First. Boss. You can do whichever of the two you like first. After killing the the water elemental summoning fellow you get a 5min debuff, kill the endboss before it expires and you get an achievement.

It irritates me to no end, that "left = first" is so ingrained in players that you better make a premade if you ever want that achievement on your 15th Alt.

On Topic: MoP dungeons are as easy as ever. Everything just keels over as it did back then. Not the slightest bit of challenge.

Free shaoshao rep mofos !!!!!!!!!!

Also, the first boss in Siege of Niuzao Temple is busted, unless you nuke him, his ability is a oneshot no matter what you do ( aside from poping a defensive cd )

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

Also, the first boss in Siege of Niuzao Temple is busted, unless you nuke him, his ability is a oneshot no matter what you do ( aside from poping a defensive cd )
    Actually it's not, I did wipe to the aoe damage explosion on it trying to not "stand in shit" , but someone gotta soak the middle pool so it shrinks, which will put a stacking dot on the player, but it greatly reduced the aoe damage.

Also kill the incoming yellow slime adds.

Back in MoP people were so overgeared at some point people just nuked him down using the buff you get from killing the Resin flake slime adds.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-12 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    if they want newer players to experience it the way it was meant to be when it was current it should be hard not aoe zerg fests
    What in the world? These are tuned exactly like they were in MoP. Fast and easy.

I ret tanked them when they were current.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Actually it's not, I did wipe to the aoe damage explosion on it trying to not "stand in shit" , but someone gotta soak the middle pool so it shrinks, which will put a stacking dot on the player, but it greatly reduced the aoe damage.
    As a a tank, I just stood in the pool and we were fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

ctually it's not, I did wipe to the aoe damage explosion on it trying to not "stand in shit" , but someone gotta soak the middle pool so it shrinks, which will put a stacking dot on the player, but it greatly reduced the aoe damage.

Back in MoP people were so overgeared at some point people just nuked him down using the buff you get from killing the Resin flake slime adds.
    Really? lol

The mount is beautiful, was happy to pick that one up.

Unfortunately, the TW dungeons themselves are ridiculously easy and therefor not fun at all.
    They also reaffirmed my original impression that the MoP dungeons were really half-assedly designed, and clearly showed how Blizzard at the time was hoping to zone out 5-mans completely and replace them with the even more half-assed scenarios.

A shame really, because in terms of visuals, music and feel, they are absolutely beautiful, like all of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    The mount is beautiful, was happy to pick that one up.

Unfortunately, the TW dungeons themselves are ridiculously easy
    then blizzard perfectly nailed this timewalking, when i dinged 90 about realm 17th i pugged all dungeons no-one ever died and facerolled them all, super easy, why should timewalking be hard? that's not going back in time thats completely different.

things like TBC timewalking is crap because mobs in shattered halls don't instantly kill the tank without CC which isn't how TBC was, i can pull like 3 packs 16 mobs in shattered halls pops CD's and survive, in TBC you'd be dead before all 16 got within melee range lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The very first MoP Timewalk is today [announced back at Blizzcon, been awhile lol]. Just gauging impressions and seeing if theres any scaling issues like with Cata End Time so I can avoid it if needed. Checking it out myself shortly.
    Whats wrong with End Time? It was too quick and easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    then blizzard perfectly nailed this timewalking, when i dinged 90 about realm 17th i pugged all dungeons no-one ever died and facerolled them all, super easy, why should timewalking be hard? that's not going back in time thats completely different.

things like TBC timewalking is crap because mobs in shattered halls don't instantly kill the tank without CC which isn't how TBC was, i can pull like 3 packs 16 mobs in shattered halls pops CD's and survive, in TBC you'd be dead before all 16 got within melee range lol.
    IMO there should and could be some healthy balance somewhere in between. TW dungeons shouldn't be something you'd have to plan in several hours for and have a ton of built-in wipe resistance to complete. But when the dungeon presents no notable resistance whatsoever, be it from normal trash packs or bosses, it just becomes a boring exercise with no gameplay value. It's just not fun to watch stuff die without it even being remotely capable of posing a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    IMO there should and could be some healthy balance somewhere in between. TW dungeons shouldn't be something you'd have to plan in several hours for and have a ton of built-in wipe resistance to complete. But when the dungeon presents no notable resistance whatsoever, be it from normal trash packs or bosses, it just becomes a boring exercise with no gameplay value. It's just not fun to watch stuff die without it even being remotely capable of posing a threat.
    and that was MoP, so again blizzard nailed this timewalking perfectly.

I did them today on my warrior. I hadn't done the instances since MoP and it was fun.......even if the DPS were killing everything before I got enough rage to use IP.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

ctually it's not, I did wipe to the aoe damage explosion on it trying to not "stand in shit" , but someone gotta soak the middle pool so it shrinks, which will put a stacking dot on the player, but it greatly reduced the aoe damage.

That was the default and I guess intended strategy, you kill enough slimeys to get buffed and then nuke the boss. He always had seconds to live.

Deleted
    Loved getting back to these. They went fast and effortlessly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss having old sets so TW isn't as fun as it used to be, but I'm still enjoying myself. Also RIP tiny abom jar with hammer of the righteous and seal of the righteous making you deal 80k dps in TBC dungeons ;_;7
    Last edited by BHD; 2017-03-12 at 10:34 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Damage vs Healing seems a tad high, my priest was only healing for 5k with flash and greater whilst people were having huge chunks taken out.

I've done these on 7 or 8 toons now and I feel theses set of tw dungeons go fast and possibly under-tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    I miss having old sets so TW isn't as fun as it used to be, but I'm still enjoying myself. Also RIP tiny abom jar with hammer of the righteous and seal of the righteous making you deal 80k dps in TBC dungeons ;_;7
    This x1000

I had a lot of fun putting together TWing 'twink' sets on my toons and trying to figure out which set bonuses worked best together, etc. I agree its' still fun to do them, but not as fun.