New to Enhancement - some help needed

Hello mates!

I am playing shaman for quite a short amount of time and I have to tell, I have a ton of fun.
    Started as elem with the launch of legion and now thinking of going Enhancement.
    I am collecting the needed loot and got all 6 pcs of tier 19 heroic + a buch of legenderies, which look good for Enhancement.
    While I am still hunting for the BIS trinkets from mythic Ursoc and Elesandre, I am trying to get the mechanics
    and "hidden" stuff of the spec.

So I have some question, which I would be happy to get answered.

1) Are there some sims or sites for Enhancement like SEaL for Elem?
    2) What are the Bis legendaries for Enhancement? I got the ring, helm and neck, which I can use in both dd specs.
    So rigth now I am runing with Helm and Ring.
    3) Do I use the Frostbrand weapon with the legendary ring?
    4) Do I use stormstrike on cooldown even without procs? Or does Lava lash go first? On low maelstrom?
    5) How does Alpha wolf work on single target? Do I have to activate it via Crash Lightning on single target? Or Is this for 2+ ?
    6) Do I use boulderfist on cooldown or only before the buff is about to fall off?

I guess thats all for now, I may add some in the future.
    Any advices and help will be appreciated! Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    1) Are there some sims or sites for Enhancement like SEaL for Elem?
    2) What are the Bis legendaries for Enhancement? I got the ring, helm and neck, which I can use in both dd specs.
    So rigth now I am runing with Helm and Ring.
    3) Do I use the Frostbrand weapon with the legendary ring?
    4) Do I use stormstrike on cooldown even without procs? Or does Lava lash go first? On low maelstrom?
    5) How does Alpha wolf work on single target? Do I have to activate it via Crash Lightning on single target? Or Is this for 2+ ?
    6) Do I use boulderfist on cooldown or only before the buff is about to fall off?
    Welcome in the Enhancement brotherhood

1) I don't know any sites for Enhance that are equivalent of SEaL, it's sad

2) Ring is always good, Helm is BiS on single target fights, for AOE fights go for the chest.

3) I need to check it (I just got the ring yesterday so I have some tests to do), but from what I remember Frostband is never better than AS.

4) Use Stormstrike as much as you can, even without procs, it's much much much better than Lava Lash

5) If the fight is pure ST, use Wolves on CD, it's a great Maelstrom generator. If you have adds to come, wait for them to show up before summoning Wolves. Use Crash lighting on the GCD after you summon them.

6) Use Boulderfist if you don't have SS up and your Maelstrom is below ~80~90. Use Lava Lash above.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post
    Welcome in the Enhancement brotherhood

1) I don't know any sites for Enhance that are equivalent of SEaL, it's sad

2) Ring is always good, Helm is BiS on single target fights, for AOE fights go for the chest.

3) I need to check it (I just got the ring yesterday so I have some tests to do), but from what I remember Frostband is never better than AS.

4) Use Stormstrike as much as you can, even without procs, it's much much much better than Lava Lash

5) If the fight is pure ST, use Wolves on CD, it's a great Maelstrom generator. If you have adds to come, wait for them to show up before summoning Wolves. Use Crash lighting on the GCD after you summon them.

6) Use Boulderfist if you don't have SS up and your Maelstrom is below ~80~90. Use Lava Lash above.

Thanks!

1) We need one for sure =D
    2) So i need to hunt down the chest. What about the trinket? Is it any good compared to the bis two ones?
    3) Yeah, you mean Hailstorm. I'ts not, but don't I get the ring proc for frost without hailstorm?
    4) I see, okay, I still need to get used to pressing the right buttons at the right time.
    5) So do I have to use Crash Lightning on ST to activate Alpha wolf? Or Is Alpha wolf only for cleave-aoe situations?
    Does it even wotk on st? The Mechanic of it is still a secret to me.
    6)Okay, I see. So lava lash is one of the lowest priority even with the 4 pc st bonus?

Regarding the Trinkets, there are two Trinkets that are really bis.
    While I am really unlucky not getting any of them, are there some good placeholders, which wont get me much behind until I get them both?

Deleted
    1) Search the Shaman Discord "Earthshrine"
    2) EoTN and Helm are BiS for ST. Multitarget fights (3+) Ring and Chest
    3) Always use AS. Hailstorm is dead.
    4) Stormstrike. But its more complex than that. icyveins oder wowhead has a good guide from one of our best enhancers Wordup.
    5) Always activate it.
    6) only for the buff but never waste a stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Niala View Post
    1) Search the Shaman Discord "Earthshrine"
    2) EoTN and Helm are BiS for ST. Multitarget fights (3+) Ring and Chest
    3) Always use AS. Hailstorm is dead.
    4) Stormstrike. But its more complex than that. icyveins oder wowhead has a good guide from one of our best enhancers Wordup.
    5) Always activate it.
    6) only for the buff but never waste a stack.
    1) Regarding Discord. I am a bit behind with that. Isn't this some new kind of voice chat? How should it hel me with
    the questions? Are there people I can ask?
    2) That's great to know, so I will hunt for the chest. What about the trinket?
    3) Here is a little missunderstanding. I mean the skill Frostband not the talent hailstorm. Doesn't it proc the Ring without Hailstorm?
    4) Yeah I've read everything, but still had some issues in lining them up right.
    5) So also on st? How does the talent help with st?
    6) So I guess not as prior when I got the buff up, but like every 3 seconds so the charges dont stack up to 2?

Thanks!

1) We need one for sure =D
    2) So i need to hunt down the chest. What about the trinket? Is it any good compared to the bis two ones?
    3) Yeah, you mean Hailstorm. I'ts not, but don't I get the ring proc for frost without hailstorm?
    4) I see, okay, I still need to get used to pressing the right buttons at the right time.
    5) So do I have to use Crash Lightning on ST to activate Alpha wolf? Or Is Alpha wolf only for cleave-aoe situations?
    Does it even wotk on st? The Mechanic of it is still a secret to me.
    6)Okay, I see. So lava lash is one of the lowest priority even with the 4 pc st bonus?

Regarding the Trinkets, there are two Trinkets that are really bis.
    While I am really unlucky not getting any of them, are there some good placeholders, which wont get me much behind until I get them both?
    2) The trinket is good for big AOE fights, like Skorpyron, some parts of Aluriel, but in a general perspective having the chest is better.
    3) Yeah I meant Hailstorm, sorry. Forstband without Hailstorm can proc the ring buff, but it cost a lot (Maelstrom + GCD) and will only buff you for 8 seconds, so it's not a good option.
    6) Lava Lash is not a "priority" spell, it's more a "filling" spell when you don't have SS and have a lot of Maelstrom.

Your opening will look like this :
    - Boulderfist
    - Feral Spirit + Crash Lightning
    - Flametongue
    - Doomwinds + Stormstrike

Then your priority is :
    - Boulderfist when buff runs off
    - Flametongue when buff runs off
    - Crash Lightning if more than one target
    - Stormstrike
    - Lava Lash if above ~80 Maelstrom
    - Boulderfist if Maelstrom is lower than that
    - Crash Lightning if Boulderfist is on CD for "proc fishing"
    Last edited by Yunyuns; 2017-03-09 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post
    2) The trinket is good for big AOE fights, like Skorpyron, some parts of Aluriel, but in a general perspective having the chest is better.
    3) Yeah I meant Hailstorm, sorry. Forstband without Hailstorm can proc the ring buff, but it cost a lot (Maelstrom + GCD) and will only buff you for 8 seconds, so it's not a good option.
    6) Lava Lash is not a "priority" spell, it's more a "filling" spell when you don't have SS and have a lot of Maelstrom.

Your opening will look like this :
    - Boulderfist
    - Feral Spirit + Crash Lightning
    - Flametongue
    - Doomwinds + Stormstrike

Then your priority is :
    - Boulderfist when buff runs off
    - Flametongue when buff runs off
    - Crash Lightning if more than one target
    - Stormstrike
    - Lava Lash if above ~80 Maelstrom
    - Boulderfist if Maelstrom is lower than that
    - Crash Lightning if Boulderfist is on CD for "proc fishing"
    Okay, so the 1-5% of the ring are not worth a frostbrand. Got it.
    So I use crash lightning in an opener even on ST? What do you mean with "proc hunting"?

Alpha Wolf activates only with Crash Lightning so use it always once after casting Feral Spirit even in ST situation. "Proc fishing" means that you use skills that can trigger Stormbringer so you can SS though don't use Crash Lightning to do it if it is ST fight. Instead use Lava Lash that can proc it with the 4pc set bonus.

What comes to discord it has also chat and pins so it is not only voice chat. Earthshrine channel has enhancement section where you can find relevant information.

Okay, so the 1-5% of the ring are not worth a frostbrand. Got it.
    So I use crash lightning in an opener even on ST? What do you mean with "proc hunting"?
    You usually dont use Frostbrand without hailstorm, correct.
    You use Crash Lightning after you summon Feral Spirits, to activate their cleave; 2 times if possible. It's a slight ST-increase.
    In AoE fights you want to use Crash Lightning AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, as it has a higher chance to proc Stormbringer to reset your Stormstrikes - overall you should try to get a lot of resets during a fight. This is of course completely random and you have to be extremely lucky to get good procs.

Keep in mind though that Crash Lightning ISN'T part of your rotation for singletarget, especially not if you have 4pc set bonus. Lava Lash has a flat 20% with 4pc, while Crash Lightning has X% based on your Mastery, making Lava Lash a better dumping tool than Crash Lightning.

Another thing on the whole subject of Crash Lightning during singletarget fights, written by wordup himself:

Q: Do I Crash Lightning in Single Target?
    A: No. Regardless of your talents taken, you do not actively Crash Lightning in Single Target (even with the 4pc build taking Crashing Storm). The ONLY caveat to this is that you will be casting Crash Lightning during Feral Spirit to trigger Alpha Wolves, and this is universal whether you have Crashing Storm or Fury of Air. IF you choose to use the wrong talents and take Crashing Storm without the 4pc, then yes, the Hekili rotation helper will recommend this in single target and this is not unusual. It is recommending what is best for that talent selection, and the results are unusual because you are opting into a sub-optimal build out of your own choice.
    It is completely depending on your Build.

Good guides and other informations:
    Wordups Guide on Wowhead
    Wordups FAQ for 7.1.5

The Icy veins guide is also written by Wordup and another good information source. Other than that, try to get into the Earthshrine discord server, where a lot of stuff is going around all the time.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2017-03-09 at 12:33 PM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Good guides and other informations:
    Wordups Guide on Wowhead
    Wordups FAQ for 7.1.5

The Icy veins guide is also written by Wordup and another good information source. Other than that, try to get into the Earthshrine discord server, where a lot of stuff is going around all the time.
    Oh wow, actually the 7.1.5 guide by wordup was the thing I was looking for.

Thanks to everyone. Got a lot of help here and I am happy to be a part of this community (=

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I would like to add something to the Frostbrand debate.

I have Eye if the Twisting Nether and since I hate the idea of not making use of handy buffs that are 1 GCD away heres what I, without any theorycrafting whatsoever might I add, decided to do with it.

While dpsing if the situation allows it when stormbringer procs I cast frostbrand and proceed to cast at least 3 Storstrikes within the 8 sec window the ring buff provides.

I try as hard as I can to set it up with Doomwinds but it doesnt always match. If the stars align and stormbringer procs when Doomwinds is off CD and I have enough maelstrom for it I do FB - DM - then as many SS as I can within the 8 sec window.

I wouldnt even dream about setting that up as part as a priority or rotation list though. Its very random and you really have to be good at figuring if you have enough maelstrom for it. I wouldnt open with it because the damned opeing sequence is already crammed as is. But, for my money, if you are smart about and dont mind the added complexity you can actually game the ring that way. Its not about keeping the frost version of the ring up all the time but finding the right moment to spend 1 GCD for an 8 sec 1% dmg increase buff and the making the most out of those 8 secs.

Maybe its a waste of my time, maybe its not, either way its a fun way to play the spec if you so choose to. Im not an elyte master of button pressing any way so I just do whatever I find engaging. Maybe a theorycrafter will debunk this and we can all agree that my dps could be 0.00024786% greater on a patchwerk fight, on a sunday, dual weilding bananas and in a vacuum.
    Its easily debunked by the following: You gain 6% haste against mediocre damage. There are better legendaries out there than Akainus for example, which would give you another reason to use Hailstorm, but its really bad, even though LL has more value currently. 30 seconds more on Bloodlust against Akainus for example is a complete nobrainer.

The 6% hastegain also provides more Maelstrom power, more attack speed and thus (theoretically) more procs for Stormbringer, while also lowering your cooldowns. Also, Hailstorm (Frostbrand) costs 20 MP, which are better used on a Lava Lash with 4pc since you have a 20% chance to proc SB with LL. That alone is a HIGHER damage increase than another dot to manage every few seconds. Also if you're playing the "optimal" build with the 4pc, you dont want to overspend your Maelstrom power that much, since we have a higher chance to proc SB thanks to lava lash. You dont WANT to waste Maelstrom for other stuff other than dumping with LL to fish SB procs and Stormstrike as much as possible, or the occasional cleave-activation for Feral Spirits or cleave/aoe fights via Crash Lightning.

Also, Twisting Nether only adds 1.5% with Frost damage, which just isn't worth it even though its overall damage increased.

You can, of course, choose to play this way because you feel its more fun, but it's still not the optimal way to play of course. This is the main point though: if you're not a hardcore raider, just play whatever the fuck you like

Edit: and no, I'm not a theorycrafter. All of this comes from Theorycrafters and personal experience though.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Hailstorm is around a 1.5% damage increase over Ancesteral Swiftness with T19 4pc, Eye of the Twisting Nether and Akainu's Absolute Justice, and around a 1% increase without the tier set bonus. In other words, a pretty poor talent that needs two legendaries to barely be better than Ancesteral Swiftness.

If you have other legendaries, you're likely to be better off using another legendary instead of the bracers and Ancesteral Swiftness instead of Hailstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I would like to add something to the Frostbrand debate.

I have Eye if the Twisting Nether and since I hate the idea of not making use of handy buffs that are 1 GCD away heres what I, without any theorycrafting whatsoever might I add, decided to do with it.

While dpsing if the situation allows it when stormbringer procs I cast frostbrand and proceed to cast at least 3 Storstrikes within the 8 sec window the ring buff provides.

I try as hard as I can to set it up with Doomwinds but it doesnt always match. If the stars align and stormbringer procs when Doomwinds is off CD and I have enough maelstrom for it I do FB - DM - then as many SS as I can within the 8 sec window.

I wouldnt even dream about setting that up as part as a priority or rotation list though. Its very random and you really have to be good at figuring if you have enough maelstrom for it. I wouldnt open with it because the damned opeing sequence is already crammed as is. But, for my money, if you are smart about and dont mind the added complexity you can actually game the ring that way. Its not about keeping the frost version of the ring up all the time but finding the right moment to spend 1 GCD for an 8 sec 1% dmg increase buff and the making the most out of those 8 secs.

Maybe its a waste of my time, maybe its not, either way its a fun way to play the spec if you so choose to. Im not an elyte master of button pressing any way so I just do whatever I find engaging. Maybe a theorycrafter will debunk this and we can all agree that my dps could be 0.00024786% greater on a patchwerk fight, on a sunday, dual weilding bananas and in a vacuum.
    The thing is that you spend Maelstrom and a GCD with an attack that deals almost no damage and only increase your damages by 1.5% for the next 8 seconds. I'm pretty sure that a Lava Lash (more damages, chance to proc SB) or a Boulderfist (more damages, Maelstrom generator) would be a better use of this GCD.

All those threads should be locked long time ago. Everybody knows that its not worth to use hailstrom. And we DO NOT CARE that you like it. You like it, use it and do not spam.