Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Imagine 10 man mythic was back and ALL raids were available with Timewalking.

note: yes I know people love the 20 man format, but humor me.

Just for kicks

imagine 10 man was back. (as in you can do highest difficulty raid as 10)

imagine all previous raids were made available via timewalking.

ok guys. fancy going back to black temple? how about Ulduar? No lets head to ICC!

all raids drop loot appropriate for your spec with ilvl that is current when out of timewalking.

and also, I would:

1- bring back reforging
    2 - remove titanforge procs , remove artifact weapons
    3 - remove legendaries as RNG drop and
    4 - add 1 legendary quest: complete all timewalking raids
    5 - two raids difficulty: normal / heroic and last bosses real hard

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    6 - Bring back Fire/nature/shadow/frost/arcane resist gear? Was required or just extremely helpful for some fights.
    7 - Bring back onyxia scale cloak? (Drakes+Nefarian Blackwing Lair)?

Just joking here.

Would be impossible to balance 19 tier sets for similar itemlevels :P
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-13 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be a very nice way to farm transmog (exact same item, with ilvl getting scaled when going outside) in group with some possible added reward instead of going solo through endless grinds weeks after weeks

or to re live the past raid content that have been very important each time

but they need to find a very interesting way to make people go there, on top of acquiring items and completing old quest or achi there

leaderboards ? I don't know
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-03-13 at 12:07 AM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I imagined it (as above, seeing as it was never a thing). Is there more of a point to this thread than to imagine?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Error: 10 man mythic can't be back if it was never a thing. On to the next one kid.
    At one point 10m H was one of the most competitive formats.

I would be ok with this. But there would have to be some cap to the amount of Grease you can get from it. People would over farm the hell out of this for competitive edge. It would be interesting to see older trinket procs again.

It was the highest difficulty available, just not in name.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    note: yes I know people love the 20 man format, but humor me.

Just for kicks

imagine all previous raids were made available via timewalking.

ok guys. fancy going back to black temple? how about Ulduar? No lets head to ICC!

all raids drop loot appropriate for your spec with ilvl that is current when out of timewalking.

and also, I would:

1- bring back reforging
    2 - remove titanforge procs , remove artifact weapons
    3 - remove legendaries as RNG drop and
    4 - add 1 legendary quest: complete all timewalking raids
    5 - two raids difficulty: normal / heroic and last bosses real hard
    "fk blizz now I HAVE to GRIND every raid every week so I can remain relevant, RIP"

10+ Year Old Account
    Error: 10 man mythic can't be back if it was never a thing. On to the next one kid.

Error: 10 man heroic was sort of the same thing... kid.

Would take a roster of ~25 people and say "Hey it's 10m timewalking week, bl half the raid group. Go pug tanks because you're not good enough to make it into our super clique".

Deleted
    No, it really isn't. Mythic is far more difficult than 10H ever was.
    Lol, no.

Current HC is roughly equivalent to old nhc.
    Current Mythic is roughly equivalent to old HC.

Current nhc is roughly equivalent to SoO Flex.

They even but those exact conversions on the Blizzcon slides back in the day, and it checks out.

Deleted
    That being said, timewalking raids would be boring. The exciting thing is overcoming the bosses, you can not get that feeng back with timewalking raids.

Your list would ruin everything that makes raiding fun and repeatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea of adding challenging 10-man content. It would give me something to do outside of raid that isn't M+. I like the idea of M+ (But I do not like the timer aspect).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to those arguing that 10-man mythic was never a thing. Do you also gripe when people talk about Mythic ToT? Mythic current = Former heroic. 10m during wrath was definitely easier than 25m in Wrath. However, during Cata and MoP I would say the difficulty was comparable. Just because it was called heroic then doesn't mean that 10m mythic level content was never available.

Deleted
    Yes give me this!!

7+ Year Old Account
    It would really just be chaos. Everybody would do the easiest raid for the gear and then just go up the ladder from easiest raid to hardest. Some people are gonna find some fun in doing an old raid, but the problem with old raids is that they were designed for our current ability set. Some fights will be completly destroyed and some would proberly be impossible. The raids would overall be heavily random and compared to never raids, they would be quickly forgotten.

So what would all this timewalking really do? Proberly nothing after the first month or 2, and people would go back to doing current raids/content. Sure, a few guilds might enjoy being able to do an old raid even if it is not challenging at all, but then it is really just a feature, that requires alot of work, but only a very small % of the playerbase will use after its first few weeks.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

This is all the OP said. He didn't say anything about mythic. He just said the highest difficulty raid. 10m used to be available at the hardest difficulty. Then it was called heroic. Now it is called Mythic. That doesn't mean that we never had 10m at the hardest difficulty.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    I really like the idea of adding challenging 10-man content. It would give me something to do outside of raid that isn't M+. I like the idea of M+ (But I do not like the timer aspect).
    If they remove flex and add set-size 10 and 20 man I wouldn't mind that, but I'd much rather just see , 20 man raids with maybe 2 difficulties maximum so each raid guild has the same size goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    At one point 10m H was one of the most competitive formats.
    Yes, it was one of the two available raid sizes! Mathematicians have even spent thousands of man hours plugging the equations and they even came up with the shocking figure that it represented a total of a whopping 50 PERCENT of total raid sizes. Absolutely mind boggling, if you ask me.

OT: Your idea sucks. Small raids are terrible especially in a game with as many specs and classes as WoW currently does. I'd rather Blizzard did not re-introduce the raiding version of the WNBA since its original inception is one of the most damaging changes they ever made to competitive raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    If they remove flex and add set-size 10 and 20 man I wouldn't mind that, but I'd much rather just see , 20 man raids with maybe 2 difficulties maximum so each raid guild has the same size goals.
    I think flex is such a great feature. For example, last night my guild had an optional N NH raid. I was bored and had like 30 minutes to spare so I went in and killed 3 or 4 bosses and then left. It was no big deal. I didn't hurt them by leaving. It makes pugging better, it makes things better for guild with small rosters. etc. The hardest difficulty needs to be exclusive to one raid size (Mythic 20man is fine).

If they combined normal and heroic into one difficulty and added this 10m TW thing I would be fine with that.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    It makes pugging better, it makes things better for guild with small rosters. etc.
    Except it seems 10 man flex raids are stupidly tuned, and a lot of pug raids ask for a certain (optimal?) number of people.