Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Kind of like how you could ignore people who say they're triggered or whatever, but you didn't, and now we have this thread, where you complain about people who don't do what you want.
    it's not hypocrisy to point out and make fun of this type of person. they're a defect in life, a step in a wrong direction. they are weakness, they need to be stamped out.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not hypocrisy to point out and make fun of this type of person. they're a defect in life, a step in a wrong direction. they are weakness, they need to be stamped out.
    So LGBTQ People are a "a defect in life, a step in a wrong direction" and need to be stamped out? Please continue I am interested why you believe this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Do I need to go to Africa to know that it's there? Do I need to visit concentration camps to know people died there? What kind of a ridiculous argument is this?

There has been widespread reporting of these events all over the country with video evidence, professional testimonials and statements from the schools themselves. I never said there were fascist lecturers populating all universities, I said there are too many left wing professors who can't tolerate a worldview different from their own and create an echo chamber because of that.
    These incidents are about as "widespread" as mass shootings. There are A LOT of schools in America, but I have yet to see a single one that dedicated any part of their campus towards stifling free speech. I imagine that I've been to more campuses than you have in recent times, based on the information that you yourself have provided. So again, while I may hear a lot of people screaming bloody murder about the dangers posed by leftist educational principles, the boogey-man metaphor holds very free. I look under the bed and very surprisingly, nothing there. It won't stop certain people from doubting me, but trust me, there is nothing in your closet.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    So LGBTQ People are a "a defect in life, a step in a wrong direction" and need to be stamped out? Please continue I am interested why you believe this.
    no. i'm bisexual, and i enjoy every moment of it.

the defects in life are these adult children crying and whining over the least little thing, needing trigger warnings and all that shit. they're defects in life. filth, trash to be thrown away.

no. i'm bisexual, and i enjoy every moment of it.

the defects in life are these adult children crying and whining over the least little thing, needing trigger warnings and all that shit. they're defects in life. filth, trash to be thrown away.
    You sound like someone that needs a safe space.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You sound like someone that needs a safe space.
    like i said, it's not hypocrisy to point this people out, because you have to target a problem to get rid of it.

they are a severe problem. a society-level threat to western society.

Deleted
    Let's fret over the coming of age phase of some kids. Observing the thoughts of people, who are 18+ years old, cause a turmoil inside you OP ?

like i said, it's not hypocrisy to point this people out, because you have to target a problem to get rid of it.

they are a severe problem. a society-level threat to western society.
    "Free Speech for me...but not for thee"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which LGBTQ ? The real transgenders or the college kids trying to show off as attack-helicopter-xshemales for attention and preferential treatment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    "Free Speech for me...but not for thee"
    they attempt to silence others with this. they attempt to get laws passed to make it illegal to upset people.

they're a doorstop holding a crack in the door, just awaiting fascism to push the door open. these people would flock to any fascist leader that tells them things they like, they would naively lead us into authoritarianism.

10+ Year Old Account
    they attempt to silence others with this. they attempt to get laws passed to make it illegal to upset people.

they're a doorstop holding a crack in the door, just awaiting fascism to push the door open. these people would flock to any fascist leader that tells them things they like, they would naively lead us into authoritarianism.
    Are you referring to the "Liberal Left" here or the Alt-Right?

Because as it stands it's 1-0 to the Alt-right for doing exactly this:

they would naively lead us into authoritarianism

The irony of this video is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Which LGBTQ ? The real transgenders or the college kids trying to show off as attack-helicopter-xshemales for attention and preferential treatment ?
    The ones for whom the concept of safe spaces were designed for, where violence against LGBTQ people were not permitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones for whom the concept of safe spaces were designed for, where violence against LGBTQ people were not permitted.
    Please tell me which non "safe space" permits violence against LGBTQ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    Are you referring to the "Liberal Left" here or the Alt-Right?

Because as it stands it's 1-0 to the Alt-right for doing exactly this:
    donald trump's just a typical piece of shit republican, lacking in all base human empathy like any other.

no, true authoritarianism will come when you have a majority of the population believing "wrong think" can be outlawed, certain words can be outlawed, anything counter to their ideology can be outlawed. there are factions on the right with these ideals as well, but they're not nearly as popular as it is on the left. we see those types on the right and we know them, we let them gain no power because their ideals are wrong. sadly, we allow those on the left to go unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ I need a safe space from that voice. Made it a couple seconds in and then shut it down.
    San Francisco, no wonder you were triggered after a couple seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny enough, I hadn't even heard of Adderall until the Seahawks dudes were caught taking it. And now (maybe for awhile, who knows) lots of "kids" aka millenials I know are using it as a rec drug.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    All this triggering business does is get those who criticize the content as triggered themselves, as in Lulz stop getting triggered by other people being triggered

Listen, are the situations we normally see around here silly or borderline ridiculous? Yes they are. Take that scales in the gym scenario, that's pretty stupid. So why would you be labelled in that fashion for criticizing said scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You say that, but the only encounters I have with the one group comes from the other group being hellbent on making sure no corner of the internet is free from their bitching about the first group. I'll leave you to figure out which group is which.
    Not that I disagree with you, but that depends on what websites/forums you frequent. MMO-champ does have a lot of people argueing against pc culture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

Funny enough, I hadn't even heard of Adderall until the Seahawks dudes were caught taking it. And now (maybe for awhile, who knows) lots of "kids" aka millenials I know are using it as a rec drug.
    I hadnt heard of it until I got to college and it became rhe drug of choice during finals week.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Most amusing to me is that the vast majority of those whining about the existence of safe spaces and triggers seem to be the biggest purveyors of projection (i.e. they are the ones most in need of safe spaces and get triggered far more often than those they are decrying).

TBH, the whole discussion of safe spaces and triggers reminds me of political correctness. It is more about shutting down discussion than actually have a reasoned debate about any given subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    donald trump's just a typical piece of shit republican, lacking in all base human empathy like any other.

no, true authoritarianism will come when you have a majority of the population believing "wrong think" can be outlawed, certain words can be outlawed, anything counter to their ideology can be outlawed. there are factions on the right with these ideals as well, but they're not nearly as popular as it is on the left. we see those types on the right and we know them, we let them gain no power because their ideals are wrong. sadly, we allow those on the left to go unchecked.
    Seems odd to hand wave actual authoritarian behaviour away while painting what essentially amounts to some UG students protesting as unchecked fascism.