Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care either way personally, but of course you can ban your employees from wearing certain items of clothing if you want to go through all that hassle. It's just like how some companies enforce adherence to a certain dress code.

But can we include things like the Sikh dagger in this as well? They're basically allowed to take a small sword everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Great. Now stop insulting people, especially when they're baseless.
    It's not baseless and you have no power to tell me what to do.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    This quote is part of the edgy teenager starter pack. I read lots of your post and I have proof, but it's isn't court so accept it or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    As long as you refuse to provide base, it's baseless. Pretty easy to understand, even for someone like you

Since you're wasted breath and provide nothing of value, I will ignore you from now on.

Now do your thing and have the last word, however ignorant it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    This quote is part of the edgy teenager starter pack.
    DLC out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    There definitely needs to be a ruling which prohibits people from wearing any "symbols" of religion.
    It's a place of work, not an environment in which you get to show off what team you root for...er...religion you're part of. Keep that nonsense at home or in your place of worship.
    That is this ruling, your employer decides wether or not to implement it though.

Deleted
    There's nothing racist about that. He discriminates, yes. But everyone does.
    This.

Trust me, the people in my HRM department do it non-stop (and by themselves, not on my request). It's just how it works. Everywhere.

Good. Every company should ban this horrendous head wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I believe it's inherent in the argument that the usage of these particular clothing items - full burqa or not - by women constitutes an attempt of cultural/religious nature to curb their individual freedom.
    But then again that's projection and allot of assumptions and not something based on bloody facts.

If a women wants to wear XYZ or doesn't want to wear XYZ it's her own choice, their was this ban of bikini's in Barcelona a while ago and nobody is arguing that guys are forcing women to wear bikini's, in public, so they canwhore themselves out now are they?

If people want to argue XYZ then do so but at least provide some bloody facts that back up those dammed claims, instead of mixing your arguments with a ton of assumptions and questionable motives.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...s-streets.html

I can also argue that the sky is purple, that chickens can lay down golden eggs and that Trump received a golden shower in russia. The first two I would be laughed at and for the third one I would be get sued by Trump./

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit, I am not too familiar with European laws.

In the U.S. we have Freedom of Religion in our Constitution. Does Europe have such a law?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

This also means an employer may ban other items that express political, philosophical or religious belief. So a Palestine scarf, cross, turbans, pagan/Viking Thor's hammers, just in case someone thinks it's just targetting Muslims.

To be fair, I have a hard time imagining women in niqab and burka wanting to work in Europe anyway. In fact, I have never seen a woman in burka, just niqab. They also realise it's hard/impossible to find a place to work with their clothing. Some do want to work, but when they have to choose between niqab or work, they choose niqab

This ruling came after Samira Achbita wanted to use her hijab in a company in Belgium, where their unwritten rule about not allowing religious symbols was changed to a written one. Before it was changed into a written rule, she was fired, as she expressed her intent to keep on using her hijab. She went to the Belgian courts, and the case went all the way to the highest instance, which was interested to see how the EU directive about equal treatment at the work place should be interpreted

I would recommend to check out this nice illustration about the different types of Muslim clothing for women: http://resources2.news.com.au/images...ng-graphic.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Niqab's are cool, they make you look like a Sith ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

First of all, it says headscarf and other religious symbols. So don't twist the news just to trigger people.
    Second, it is against the very birth rights of a person. I can understand if wearing a specific outfit would be a requirement for a job, but in any other case, it's outright discrimination.

As long as you refuse to provide base, it's baseless. Pretty easy to understand, even for someone like you

Since you're wasted breath and provide nothing of value, I will ignore you from now on.

Now do your thing and have the last word, however ignorant it will be.
    No, baseless means there's no base. Whether I provide something or not has no bearing if it's baseless or not.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Legit have never seen a burqa in the western world but I see hijabs. Few niqabs here and there but burqas are pretty rare. Anyways, this isn't "great news" but if an employer wants to prohibit religious wear in their offices then all the more power to them but I hope that includes crucifix and other garments that promote a religion.

That's sensible - face covering should be illegal for any reason other than a medical one.

There are two other garments available to the Muslim woman that meets their requirements, anything else is just silly.

I made this image to explain the options a while back:
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-03-14 at 01:47 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I concur, unless you mean those Baroque things that have been gilded to death. Gothic cathedrals rock, though.
    This one, in my own town, is one of my favorites: http://tchorski.morkitu.org/14/brugge-377.JPG

Second largest brick building in the world, partially gothic, partially baroque.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    First of all, it says headscarf and other religious symbols. So don't twist the news just to trigger people.
    Second, it is against the very birth rights of a person. I can understand if wearing a specific outfit would be a requirement for a job, but in any other case, it's outright discrimination.

?
    No, it's not.
    Some customers (probably most) take offense wearing specific attire that has no relation to the job whatsoever, a bussiness has every right to decline certain wear if it costs them customers.
    I mean seriously, stop being so politically correct & think logical for a few seconds.

If a nun is wearing her attire in a shoestore, i'd also be like 'wtf is that about'.
    This whole muslim political correctness is really being taken too far with each passing day honestly.

Look at the Turkey thing going on right now, they have no valid arguements so they start calling holland 'remains of nazis', the leader of a country is calling others nazi's due to lack of proper arguementation, really?
    please, for the love of ... stop being so politically correct over every single thing concerning muslims, you are destroying (no, i'm not being sarcastic or joking) western culture the way things are going right now.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Good, keep politics and religion out of the workplace.
    But then what are people supposed to have heated discussions about? TV? Sports? Boooriiing!

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    But then what are people supposed to have heated discussions about? TV? Sports? Boooriiing!
    #TeamNegan uh, YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Justice and freedom won. I was not expecting it in EU.