Poll: Did Blizzard Fail?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Did Blizzard Fail with Legion?

What is your opinion? Did they fail with the legendary system and with the artifact grind? When hardcore guilds quit because "The grind is too much" what does that mean for the casual player?

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically the grind shouldn't mean anything for casual players if they're content with being casual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where is the 'partially' option?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Legion is basically wod 2.0. The same garbage. Diablo team shouldnt have done this exp.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Legion is far from perfect but I'm having plenty of fun with it. I would not call it a failure at all really.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Lol, love when the top .1% complain about things they face and the rest just treat it as gospel.

The grind isn't that bad/needed if you aren't pushing mythic progress, the grind wasn't even that bad (I took a break from november to midway through January and managed to finish my first spec in a few weeks doing M+ on weekends with heroic/mythic NH runs), and the legendary system while annoying isn't as bad as people make it out to be (yes, some legendaries outperform others, guess what that 940 with whatever effect is still better than what you had, I have 4 legendaries on my warlock and 2 are prydaz/sephuz, I am still pushing mythic just fine and don't even care about it).

Does that mean Legion was flawless? no, in fact the Legendary system does have flaw and the power of 54 traits was noticeable, which is being somewhat addressed in 7.2 (from the looks of the buffs today good changes, haven't done the math but should bring them all a lot closer together as far as the legendary system, as for artifacts I have mixed feelings, the proc/randomness is annoying but the scaling of it makes it fit that niche of bonus but not over the top you need to farm it 24/7 ASAP level. Part of me prefers they made it a on use rather than proc, but alas).
    Last edited by bledgor; 2017-03-14 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    If you are still playing I fail to comprehend how it has failed you.

Did they fail in making money? No. Did they fail in making a fun expansion? Yes.

Deleted
    One of the worst expansions. Pronbably the worst. I can tell you this though: I played since late vanilla and not even Cataclysm made me quit like Legion did.

7+ Year Old Account
    god no, legion is fun and great.

Formerly known as Arafal

Best expansion since wrath for me, and I've played since day one. Never run out of things to do, raids are enjoyable, and just looking better with 7.2 on, so I vote no, it succeeded.

I think it's hilarious that you're linking hardcore guilds quitting with any effect on casual players whatsoever.

I'm no longer raiding mythic, and as a casual this is a fantastic expansion. Log on for even a short time and there's always something quick to do that will progress your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Yes and no. Yes in that they still can't attract newer players and that your average player can't be bothered with doing the same content over and over, and that while you reach this repeatable content way to fast after a few days of leveling. No as in giving players who do want to play WoW for a longer period have plenty of content to do and can build their way up to do mythics, and by not making raiding the only content that you bother to do. If we're going by the subs then it continues to drop a lot, being at WoD's subs after the first quarter. I can't tell how the subs would be doing now but I guess they are stabilising. Quality wise the expansion is about average.

They failed with overall class design and their weird insistence on continuing to use leftovers from WoD (misson tables, followers, and now buildings) that add zero to gameplay.

Other than that, it's a solid expansion, about as good as can be expected given Blizzards current approach to what an MMO should be.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Yes and no. Yes in that they still can't attract newer players and that your average player can't be bothered with doing the same content over and over, and that while you reach this repeatable content way to fast after a few days of leveling.
    For this I think for it to be fixed it would need to be a brand new game from the ground up. New players simply are not going to come on en mass anymore and I don't think people are going to accept month or two of leveling either. Unless it is a complete start over. The issue is WoW 2 would be a complete risk with little guarantee of reward especially in a low point for MMO markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    For this I think for it to be fixed it would need to be a brand new game from the ground up. New players simply are not going to come on en mass anymore and I don't think people are going to accept month or two of leveling either. Unless it is a complete start over. The issue is WoW 2 would be a complete risk with little guarantee of reward especially in a low point for MMO markets.
    WoW 2 wouldn't succeed basically on the fact that many people have hours upon hours into one character, they won't drop it just cause "new wow" came out. It'd end up being a separation, new players would go to wow 2, but the oldies would stay with wow, or quit in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    The gameplay is shit.
    Wow, so descriptive in your opinion!

1. Wow around ONLY pve again.

Again mythic players have free wow because they just boost others for gold and buying tokens. (because casuals can't handle this hard content without guild. Mythic players have all content and best ilvl ingame. Almost all skins, mounts and pets. If you want same ilvl as causal pvper you need get 2000+ rating. Sad.

2. Pvp destroyed

Boring template stats, low ilvl from casual bg , everything need rating again. (They fix this mistake with rating in panda and it's here again + boring rng). Healers still mandatory to arenas. Sad

3. Casuals

Content for casuals ending with last quest for Nightfallens then pve only. Third patch. Even for lfr you must wait more than month. Sad.

If you are raider. Good for you. Blizzard created wow for you. If not.. No reason playing anymore..
    Last edited by Artelia; 2017-03-14 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    I think it's hilarious that you're linking hardcore guilds quitting with any effect on casual players whatsoever.

I'm no longer raiding mythic, and as a casual this is a fantastic expansion. Log on for even a short time and there's always something quick to do that will progress your character.
    If a hardcore player feels it takes too long to maximize his one class, doesn't that mean the casual player who plays A LOT less will take even longer? Sorry if I offended you in any way, was just stating my opinion and observation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    If you are still playing I fail to comprehend how it has failed you.
    I play a lot less than I used to, never said it failed me though I don't know where you got that assumption lol. Really what I wanted was to see how other people felt, never did I state the expansion has failed me specifically.
    Last edited by Demeter; 2017-03-14 at 10:12 PM.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Some good ideas, some missteps.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.