Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "rend new survival...." and fuck off. Won't even bother reading the rest.

Just like wildstar
    Where's that game now?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Im starting to not want to play a game if I see "former wow dev" in the headlines.

None have been successful.
    I think Torchlight is the only one of these "from wow guyz! xDDDD" marketed games that wasn't a bomb, and even then Torchlight had a canned mmo and a mediocre sequel then sunk without a trace. I'm no Blizzard fanboy but you leave a company that prints money and very rarely does that success follow you.

Honestly i cant think of any other studio where people go "HEY THEY MADE THE THING!" to shill something else. Theres devs i would buy from like Hideo Kojima or Yoko Taro but they are rare exceptions from the norm. Games are a product of a team not a few talented people and a herd of subservient plebs. Worked on a Blizzard game tells us bugger all beyond 'worked on a game' and has clearly been shown to not mean expect a good piece of work from them.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Just like wildstar
    Where's that game now?
    a better reference would be Firefall where the game is literally dead that updated drivers won't even let you play the game lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think Torchlight is the only one of these "from wow guyz! xDDDD" marketed games that wasn't a bomb, and even then Torchlight had a canned mmo and a mediocre sequel then sunk without a trace. I'm no Blizzard fanboy but you leave a company that prints money and very rarely does that success follow you.

Honestly i cant think of any other studio where people go "HEY THEY MADE THE THING!" to shill something else. Theres devs i would buy from like Hideo Kojima or Yoko Taro but they are rare exceptions from the norm. Games are a product of a team not a few talented people and a herd of subservient plebs. Worked on a Blizzard game tells us bugger all beyond 'worked on a game' and has clearly been shown to not mean expect a good piece of work from them.
    Yeah, I think people fail to understand that Blizzard quality cant be re-created just because you worked there and used the WoW edit engine to make quests in WoW. Its like saying "I can make the best Tacos because I worked at Taco Bell for 9 years".

I helped code a midi hardware interface plug in for the music studio software Fruity Loops, but I would never claim to have been a "developer on Fruity Loops" in the context of showing "what I've done". Its like a little white lie. I had no hand in the success of that software because the items I worked on were contracted out to my group and could have been created by a monkey who can use a keyboard.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2017-03-14 at 06:16 PM.

Not really sure what I just watched to be honest.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the early access that'll last seventy five thousand years.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like a quick cash grab. Survivor game, "wow devs", "PvE and PvP and RPG elemets" impossible to balance mishmash of things... Nah, i'll pass on that.

No, seriously, how they are going to:
    Balance PvE without touching PvP
    Balance PvP without touching PvE
    Balance factions around each other (just look at pokemon go and their "3 faction balance")
    Balance "every player is valuable" part while keeping "RPG elements" for survival game? Isn't part of survival games is permadeath? If you don't lose your progress on death what's the point of survival game? If you are going to be so dependent on others - punishment for death should be almost no existent (thanks to griefers or simply fuckups), if you are not going to be dependent on others - how they are going to keep "RPG" and "survival" together?

It just makes no sense for me
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-03-14 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Vanilla WoW is so old, that it really doesn't give any credibility to them. If they made a vanilla WoW clone, it'd flop immensely. It's basically 15+ year old experience, it's how they started, sure, but it's more or less irrelevant at this point.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Jesus WoW players are petty, what an incredible thread and were only 2 pages in.

It looks interesting but unfinished, considering most survival games cant seem to make it out of early access or "beta" Im hoping it actually gets finished and we can get a decent survival game.
    Maybe that is why i have no interest in survival games, they always seem to be "early access" maybe an actual finished game might interest me more. If they are just going to be putting another open world survival rpg on steam greenlight, where it will stay for the next 5 years, then yeah, i pass on this :P
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-03-14 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Like Wildstar was made by vanilla wow developers?! Like Hellgate: London was made by vanilla wow developers? Starting to think "vanilla wow developers" actually means "overhyped incompetence".

Oooooooh LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Survival MMO. Welp, looks Team Vanilla WoW Developers is blasting off again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The real question is, will they get on steam early access ? You can't have a survival game without that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The real question is, will they get on steam early access ? You can't have a survival game without that.
    Of course, you can't have a survival game without it being in early access for a few years or...forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Like Wildstar was made by vanilla wow developers?! Like Hellgate: London was made by vanilla wow developers? Starting to think "vanilla wow developers" actually means "overhyped incompetence".

Oooooooh LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Survival MMO. Welp, looks Team Vanilla WoW Developers is blasting off again!

Its a pretty meaningless thing really, it would have more weighting if it was someone that people actually knew from blizzard and had some say in a product like ghostcrawler or metzen. Ex-developer that no one has heard of just means a guy that worked in a team of however many developers and probably just coded what they were told to code

Deleted
    Survival genre is the new zombie genre. Heck, it burned out faster than the zombie genre.

Deleted
    I have to be honest.

It looks horrible and I don't like what I see.

Deleted
    "Vanilla WoW developers making a survival game" has almost as much meaning and credibility as "House painter of 15 years starts a portrait studio"

ill still buy it, cuz at the end of the day I will get my money's worth regardless if it stays in early access for years.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool a Survival RPG game! What a new and interesting concept.