Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    And yet; you see more then a handful top parses with r.druid shoulders aswell...
    You see top parses with literally every legendary because healing numbers can just be artificially inflated with farm content or spam healing people standing in shit to get you top 10. Doesn't mean the legendary is good. In NH there's one top 10 parse right now with shoulders, none with gloves, 3 with chest, even a couple with the belt.

Yeah, looking at top healing logs as any type of guide of what are viable legendaries will give you some pretty skewed results. For the very top end healing logs, you probably need the pull to be a gong show in terms of the raid taking much more damage than usual, or healers dying early or whatever, but still controlled enough that it's a kill. Healer percentiles probably scale in inverse proportion to execution rankings. Plus, certain healing comps favor certain healing specs, and where your raid CD is placed in the CD order can also have a big impact. On some ~5 minute fights, the first couple healers in the raid CD order may get to use their raid CD twice, while the healers at the end of the order will only get a single usage. With how big Tranqs can be, that can easily approach a 5-10% variance in healing done with no real correlation to quality of healer play.

And then, for some reason, Innervate and Blessing of Wisdom exist in the current healing meta, while similar abilities have long been removed from DPS specs because of the obvious issues that they cause. The difference between having Wisdom and not having it is night and day in terms of throughput capacity/mana longevity. Some raids will have 3 Rets and 4 Boomkins, and potentially throw all the Wisdoms and Innervates on a single healer. If you do something crazy like stack 3 Wisdoms and 5 sets of Innervate on a single healer, that healer will be able to do ridiculous things like probably use those shoulders to blanket pre-hot massive raid damage without tanking their mana pool.

Healer percentiles/rankings were already a bit of a joke, but their decision to put in Innervate and then Wisdom in 7.1.5 have moved them into near complete meme territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - The Dark Titan's Advance (Resto Belt): Lifebloom blooms are very unpredictable. I could see this one getting a change or more stats.
    Lifebloom isn't all that unpredictable. You can refresh it with <30% duration remaining, and it automatically triggers the bloom when you do so, meaning you can choose when to bloom it in a ~4.5 second window

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Druid

All Specs
    Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds
    Now has an additional 658 Haste (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.

Balance
    Promise of Elune, the Moon Goddess
    Now also increases the damage of Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike by 8%.

Feral
    Chatoyant Signet
    Now also increases your Energy regeneration by 5%.
    Fiery Red Maimers
    Now also causes your next Maim to cost no Energy.

Guardian
    Oakheart's Puny Quods
    Barkskin instantly grants 45 Rage plus an additional 30 Rage (was 15 Rage) over 3 seconds.

Restoration
    The Dark Titan's Advice
    Now also causes Lifebloom’s periodic healing to have a 5% chance to trigger the final healing effect.
    Tearstone of Elune
    Allies healed by your Wild Growth have a 15% (was 20%) chance to also gain Rejuvenation.
    X'oni's Caress
    Now also reduces Ironbark’s cooldown by 25%.
    Essence of Infusion
    Tranquility heals targets below 60% (was 50%) health for 60% (was 50%) more.
    Aman’thul’s Wisdom
    Redesigned. When your Rejuvenation heals a full health target, its duration is increased by 3 seconds, up to a maximum total increase of 15 seconds per cast.
    Surprised at the lack of nerfs to some though they've mentioned more changes are coming later on.
    Last edited by Matchu; 2017-03-14 at 09:17 PM.

I am surprised at the nerf to Tearstone. It's the consistently strongest Resto legendary for raiding, but it's not like it smashes the other top legendaries out of the water. Eldraith/Prydaz/Velen's all have the potential to come in ahead of it on some log parsing that I've seen. With a 25% nerf, it probably is no longer BiS.

- The Aman'thul shoulders have the potential to be completely ridiculous. It will of course depend on damage patterns, but they have a theoretical maximum potential to increase the duration of every Rejuv from 18 to 33 seconds. If you can come anywhere close to hitting even half of that potential, they will blow other legendaries away. They will probably end up being BiS for low overall healing required fights, and in stuff like Normal and Heroic, and be trash on the more difficult fights.

- With X'oni's Caress and Stonebark, Ironbark will now have a 37 second CD (or 45 seconds depending on how they apply the CD reductions). That has the potential to be really broken if there is every a fight that actually needs that level of tank CD usage. If there is no need for it, people will still despise that legendary.

- Sephuz is still trash compared to any other legendary on any Nighthold fight, even with the 3% passive haste added.

- With the 658 extra haste, Ekowraith is probably now just about on par with the top tier legendaries for Resto. It's still trash tier for DPS specs, because +658 haste is a poor replacement for a throughput proc.

- The buff to Dark Titan's Advance essentially increases the effective healing of the Lifebloom HoT component by about 40%. What's not clear is whether each proc from that is also buffed by the 200% buff to the Lifebloom bloom portion of the legendary. If so, you're looking at closer to a 120% buff to Lifebloom's HoT, on top of a 200% buff to the existing bloom effect. At those numbers, you're looking at an incredibly strong legendary with something approaching +7% to +10% total throughput. If the buffs don't double dip on each other, it's closer +3% to +4%, making it still a below average legendary (but probably stronger than that for M+).

Deleted
    Tearstone should still be bis in the average raiding scenarios. Others could be better depending on specific situations. Shoulders should be really good, you do get a lot of full hp ticks even in mythic.
    I always thought Bracers are really good but still overrated in raid settings. If you have decent paladin and a few spothealers your main job as a resto druid is sustaining the raid. Sure on fights where ppl soak debuffs or just heavy on tankhealing or some kind of single target healing and you have to do that, then yes, belt/bracer/gloves becomes situationally good. But it's really shouldnt be the average case as a resto druid.
    Guess chest is useful now but I'd really prefer not having legendaries on tier slots as i'm already locked on them because of drape of shame and CoS/Arcway set.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    - The buff to Dark Titan's Advance essentially increases the effective healing of the Lifebloom HoT component by about 40%. What's not clear is whether each proc from that is also buffed by the 200% buff to the Lifebloom bloom portion of the legendary. If so, you're looking at closer to a 120% buff to Lifebloom's HoT, on top of a 200% buff to the existing bloom effect. At those numbers, you're looking at an incredibly strong legendary with something approaching +7% to +10% total throughput. If the buffs don't double dip on each other, it's closer +3% to +4%, making it still a below average legendary (but probably stronger than that for M+).
    The way I read it, the 5% periodic bloom should be buffed by 200% as well.

I really freaking hope so, since Dark Titan's Advice was my first legendary and my Tearstone just got nerfed. :P
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i get lots of out of sephuz and not just on botanist either. Every fight has something you can either stun/slow/ or dispell. Botanist just has all 3 and is the most consistent. Ill check again this week but im pretty sure ive had ursols proc it as well.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-03-14 at 10:50 PM.

Confirmed on the PTR that the buff to Lifebloom's bloom also double dips with the 5% chance for a tick to proc it. Based on a copy of my current character over (~907 equipped ilvl), I was getting 1.8m crit ticks with a Map proc up. That legendary is unbelievably overpowered if it goes live like that in 7.2.

Some (quite long) thoughts on the changes for Resto, from QuestionablyEpic:

Tearstone of Elune
    • Still a very strong raiding legendary. Probably not as good as Velen’s now.
    • Adds 0.9 Rejuvenations on average per Wild Growth cast.
    • Verdict: Still strong, not BiS anymore.

Sephuz's Secret
    • This is still situationally amazing – similar to how it sits now. They have made it stronger during the times when the buff is not active. This lowers the uptime required to make the ring an effective choice.
    • -> With a 30% uptime (near perfect) – The ring offers 9.6% haste (3600) on average.
    • -> With a 15% uptime (dispels close to every minute) – The ring offers 6.3% haste (2363) on average.
    • -> With a 5% uptime (rare dispels / CCs only) – The ring offers 4.1% haste (1538) on average.
    • You can feel a little less bad about using this on every fight if it’s the only one you have – for those with multiple legendaries we will likely switch this in for Dispel / CC heavy fights like we currently do.
    • Verdict: In a similar situation to now: great if you can proc it.

The Dark Titan's Advice
    • A 5% chance to proc the bloom on tick is a funny way to buff the belt. It fixes none of the problems it has in raid and makes it slightly better for M+ where it’s already decent.
    • Consider how often you’re dangling your tank at half health. Not very often? I’d hoped not. Even if it procs you probably just sniped your Paladin.
    • Procs twice as frequently during EoG.
    • Verdict: Low-mid range for raid, great in M+.

Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds
    • Ekowraith has already been hovering as a strong option if you don’t have a set of top tier legendaries and it gains even more power with the 650 Haste they’re adding to it. This is effectively ~+1.5% healing and given it’s a Chest slot it will gain quite a few stats from the ilvl upgrade if we assume legendaries will get boosted to 970 in Tomb.
    • Likely not enough of a buff to make it worth equipping as a priority, but increasingly useful as a ‘jack-of-all-trades’ option.
    • Verdict: Decent in most cases, the best choice for none.

X'oni's Caress
    • I’m actually not sure how this will interact with Stonebark but let’s assume for now that it reduces the Ironbark cooldown by 22.5 seconds whether we take the talent or not. This means we get a ~68s cooldown without the talent, and ~38 with.
    • In a raid scenario (where Stonebark is almost out of the question) the gloves will remain a weak choice since they still offer too slow a stream of healing to act in an emergency and more frequent Ironbarks is a small contribution overall (when you consider how many single target cooldowns your raid has as a whole).
    • In a M+ scenario they might pick up some niche uses when tank cooldowns are required frequently. Consider Ymiron in Maw of Souls, or Oakheart in DHT. You should still be able to swap them in for these fights, and then back out again afterwards.
    • Verdict: When 7.1.5 hit the Gloves made me sad. I'm still crying.

Aman'Thul's Wisdom
    • Where to begin. The shoulders have become somewhat of a meme the past few months with the previous clunky design making them a legendary booby prize. The new iteration look much nicer to use.
    • I had ~300 overheal ticks on Mythic Botanist. The new shoulders would have bought me an insane 800-900 extra ticks.
    • Still weak on fights where the raid can’t stay at 100% (Cenarius comes to mind) but on most other fights these should be very strong.
    • Will have an interesting interaction with our new gold trait Deep Rooted with the gold trait refreshing rejuvenation when the target is low, and the shoulders adding to the duration when the target is high. These are going to be some efficient Rejuvenations.
    • Verdict: So.Much.Potential.

Essence of Infusion
    • A little change that will do nothing to make them more desirable outside of a few niche fights. We still need two things to be true for these to provide value:
    • -> Incoming damage needs to have been sufficiently high to drop most of the raid below 60%.
    • -> More damage is due immediately and these low HP people need immediately triage or will likely die.
    • Nighthold had very few of these fights, and so we’ll have to wait and see what damage patterns Mythic Tomb brings us.
    • Verdict: Still niche.
    Last edited by Voulk; 2017-03-14 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulk View Post
    Aman'Thul's Wisdom
    • Where to begin. The shoulders have become somewhat of a meme the past few months with the previous clunky design making them a legendary booby prize. The new iteration look much nicer to use.
    • I had ~300 overheal ticks on Mythic Botanist. The new shoulders would have bought me an insane 800-900 extra ticks.
    • Still weak on fights where the raid can’t stay at 100% (Cenarius comes to mind) but on most other fights these should be very strong.
    • Will have an interesting interaction with our new gold trait Deep Rooted with the gold trait refreshing rejuvenation when the target is low, and the shoulders adding to the duration when the target is high. These are going to be some efficient Rejuvenations.
    • Verdict: So.Much.Potential.
    Except it doesn't add throughput, it just gives you slightly better mana efficiency when your Rejuv targets get sniped. It's literally the same thing as before without the horrible restriction and giving you more duration than a tick (Your Rejuvs don't tick every 3s with our levels of Haste).

I still don't really see the potential, but at least it's not LITERALLY the worst legendary in the game anymore.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Confirmed on the PTR that the buff to Lifebloom's bloom also double dips with the 5% chance for a tick to proc it. Based on a copy of my current character over (~907 equipped ilvl), I was getting 1.8m crit ticks with a Map proc up. That legendary is unbelievably overpowered if it goes live like that in 7.2.
    What's overpowered about the belt? It's already mostly overhealing in a raid and rarely ever gets above 2% of my healing done. Going off during ticks doesn't change that at all, you just might get lucky more often and snipe your raid's Pally healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Except it doesn't add throughput, it just gives you slightly better mana efficiency when your Rejuv targets get sniped. It's literally the same thing as before without the horrible restriction and giving you more duration than a tick (Your Rejuvs don't tick every 3s with our levels of Haste).

I still don't really see the potential, but at least it's not LITERALLY the worst legendary in the game anymore.
    It doesn't need to be adding explicit throughput to be powerful. Your Rejuvs will be ridiculously mana efficient, almost doubling in duration and only ever adding it when it's needed (when the target doesn't need to be healed), giving you plenty of time to get even more Rejuvs out or do other things. It makes us less prone to wasting mana/GCDs from being sniped, it makes overhealing matter even less for us, and synergizes incredibly well with EoG, t19 4pc, Power of the Archdruid, Deep Rooted, Germination if you have it, Tearstone if you have it, and probably more I can't think of right now.

Here's the math on Dark Titan's Advance.

Regular Lifebloom tick - 17,312
    Regular Lifebloom bloom - 248,796
    Bloom with belt active - 748,988

Getting the bloom in place of a regular tick is a 4326% buff to that Lifebloom tick. With a 5% proc rate, the 5% bloom effect is a 216% throughput buff to the Lifebloom HoT portion.

In addition, the existing bloom portion heals for 300% as much as it normally does with the belt equipped.

Pulling a random log of several Mythic NH boss kills, this was my breakdown for Lifebloom healing.

3.30% of my total healing was from the Lifebloom HoT
    1.05% of my total healing was from the Lifebloom bloom

That means that the legendary post 7.2 will be worth (3.30 x 2.16) + (1.05 x 3.00) = +10.3% total throughput based on that log. I also looked at overhealing, and I had 30% total overhealing, 32% Lifebloom HOT overhealing and 37% Lifebloom bloom overhealing, so it isn't like it's going to be massively consumed by overhealing or anything.

TLDR, that legendary is OP as fuck with these changes, and is probably going to be BiS or close to it.

Oh, and these numbers aren't even factoring in mastery or the fact that you probably have at least 3-4 mastery stacks active on your Lifebloom target, which will result in everything being proportionally buffed even further than the base calculations with just the 1 Lifebloom active.

Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    It doesn't need to be adding explicit throughput to be powerful.
    Oh I wasn't saying that; I just got the Elune Boomkin boots today and I'm ecstatic about it. Been wanting them even before the buff was announced. The buff of 8% LS/SW damage is just gravy

Totally happy with OI/Elune right now!

Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    Your Rejuvs will be ridiculously mana efficient, almost doubling in duration and only ever adding it when it's needed (when the target doesn't need to be healed), giving you plenty of time to get even more Rejuvs out or do other things. It makes us less prone to wasting mana/GCDs from being sniped, it makes overhealing matter even less for us, and synergizes incredibly well with EoG, t19 4pc, Power of the Archdruid, Deep Rooted, Germination if you have it, Tearstone if you have it, and probably more I can't think of right now.
    I just meant the potential of being really good; yeah the extra duration is nice and all but keep in mind the biggest thing: It only triggers if it ticks when they're at max HP, so it's only good if/when we get sniped or you're anticipating damage (or in a M+; it's super fucking good in M+ I won't deny that). In the occasional circumstance where you DON'T get sniped, these still won't do much, and if targets stay at 100% HP for awhile, well then it's just more overhealing

So again: They're good, but I don't see them being amazing outside of some circumstances where you get the extra 15s but only those few ticks were at max HP.

Here's the math on Dark Titan's Advance.

Regular Lifebloom tick - 17,312
    Regular Lifebloom bloom - 248,796
    Bloom with belt active - 748,988

Getting the bloom in place of a regular tick is a 4326% buff to that Lifebloom tick. With a 5% proc rate, the 5% bloom effect is a 216% throughput buff to the Lifebloom HoT portion.
    Unless it's all overhealing (and with LB on a tank, it likely will be), which equates to a ~0% buff when you get a 750k overheal bloom.

Amazing in M+ when you and the tank are the only healers, but in raids, not nearly as good. Still good, just sounds a lot better on paper than it really is.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Oh, and these numbers aren't even factoring in mastery or the fact that you probably have at least 3-4 mastery stacks active on your Lifebloom target, which will result in everything being proportionally buffed even further than the base calculations with just the 1 Lifebloom active.
    You mean, that's not even taking account that it is definitely going to be massively consumed by overhealing.
    Even when it's not it will rarely be 'useful' healing because as a number of people have pointed out if a 1 million HoT tick doesn't overheal the target, then they almost definitely had heals coming anyway and those heals will just be wasted (ie. sniping the pally healer).

Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    You mean, that's not even taking account that it is definitely going to be massively consumed by overhealing.
    Even when it's not it will rarely be 'useful' healing because as a number of people have pointed out if a 1 million HoT tick doesn't overheal the target, then they almost definitely had heals coming anyway and those heals will just be wasted (ie. sniping the pally healer).
    I already looked at the overhealing numbers on Lifebloom, and it's actually a fallacy that Lifebloom overheals for massively more than your overall overhealing rate. It was only overhealing a few percent more, and this was with 2 Holy Pallies in for most of the fights. It might have something to do with having a Brewmaster tank because of the way they take damage, but stuff like Efflo typically has more overhealing than hots on a tank from my experience.

Thanks Tiberria, that's an interesting perspective on the belt changes.

My issue with it is that it all comes in one burst and so you can't necessarily treat it as a flat 216% buff to the HoT portion. Your log correctly identifies that Lifebloom doesn't overheal for much without the belt but I think it's erroneous to conclude that equipping the belt will see you keep similar overheal numbers. If I look at my tanks HP on logs, they aren't missing ~900k HP for long and so even if the free bloom on tick lands just after a boss melee hit - am I just sniping a cast already in progress by my priest / paladin? Am I doing effective healing?

It could be nice for fights that are very heavy in tank damage, but I struggle to see it being overpowered when it's RNG burst healing on a target we try to keep topped off.

dark titan's might be reaaaallly good; it's random so it'll overheal a lot, but the bloom hits crazy hard with the belt

nice to see the shoulders redesigned into something useful, too

I think it's a really good question what the BiS Resto legendaries actually are for 7.2.

- Tearstone was nerfed 25%, and it was always somewhat overrated as is. If you want to see, parse your logs through https://druid-legendary-analyser.herokuapp.com I often see the wrists beat Tearstone (not all the time but frequently), and Prydaz often adds about as much throughput as Tearstone. A 25% nerf probably puts Tearstone behind wrists, Velen's and Prydaz, and the opportunity cost of using a ring legendary (i.e. you lose a lot of INT) becomes higher. I doubt it's a top 2 legendary anymore.

- The Wrists are indirectly nerfed by the T20 2 piece. Basically, you need to have CW and Swiftmend lined up with each other to be able to abuse the wrists for maximum gain. That means that not only are you not going to be able to fish for low health targets to max the 2 piece gain (it will have to be cast on the CW target), you also won't be able to take advantage of the CD reduction either, because doing that will just desync CW and SM. If you use the wrists, you essentially make the 2 piece bonus all but useless, which adds to the opportunity cost, because you already incur an opportunity cost in using them in that you lose flexibility with your CW and SM usage. Granted, you could also argue that the 2 piece bonus is pretty much garbage/a weak gain anyway, so you may not lose all that much.

- The belt is mathematically dominant, and should add more than 10% theoretical throughput, possibly more given that we will put higher priority to keeping LB uptime high with it equipped. The argument that people are making is that Lifebloom is less valuable than the rest of our throughput because of the overheal factor, but I am skeptical about that. People made the same argument about the HFC Lifebloom set bonuses (which are arguably very similar to this belt), and those arguments were largely proven to be moot; the HFC set bonuses were incredibly crucial to keeping Druid throughput in HFC viable.

- The shoulders have the potential to be dominant. The only thing I don't know that I like about them is that they basically become better the easier the healing requirements and difficulty of the fight. On a fight where you have very low overheal, you won't get nearly as much out of them. I suspect they will be the top legendary for anyone not doing Mythic progression, and they will not be the best for Mythic progression (at least unless you have a lot of fights with periods with very little damage taken like Star Augar) but will be something you put on for farm to irritate other healers and pad.

- The gloves are still going to be something no one wants to use outside of niche uses where you want to take Stonebark and use Ironbark ridiculously often. I haven't seen a fight yet that I really want/need to use Stonebark over Flourish, so I doubt it's that likely that I would ever want to use these over another legendary.

- Prydaz is still going to be extremely strong given the extra secondary stats and throughput.

- I'm kind of surprised that Velen's wasn't nerfed with these changes, and could see it still being nerfed. I think it's going to clearly be the #1 legendary now, especially given how difficult it is to get decent trinkets - the raid trinkets this expansion have been just really poorly designed/bad, and getting high ilvl stat sticks from M+/Jim gets increasingly more difficult the higher ilvl you need.

This is how I would rank the legendaries in 7.2 from a raiding perspective.

1. Velen's Future Sight
    2. Dark Titan's Advance
    3. Prydaz
    4. Eldraith
    5. Tearstone
    6. Aman'thul's Wisdom
    7. Essence of Infusion
    8. Ekowraith
    9. Sephuz (goes up to 4-5 on a fight where you can reliably proc it on near CD)
    10. X'oni's Caress

I already looked at the overhealing numbers on Lifebloom, and it's actually a fallacy that Lifebloom overheals for massively more than your overall overhealing rate. It was only overhealing a few percent more, and this was with 2 Holy Pallies in for most of the fights. It might have something to do with having a Brewmaster tank because of the way they take damage, but stuff like Efflo typically has more overhealing than hots on a tank from my experience.
    In my Mythic NH logs, the bloom had an average of almost 70% overhealing, with our raid makeup being a H Pally, H Priest, MW Monk, and my R Druid. I had 366 LB HoT ticks during Skorp. If 5% of those bloomed, I would have gotten another 3.5m~ healing for that fight when accounting for average overhealing. To compare, when I tried the gloves for a couple kills, the most I got was 4m total healing with 3 Ironbark uses. This is with a DH and Druid tank. You said it yourself, the whole reason it's okay for you is because you have a BrM tank, who take a steady, constant stream of damage. Every other tank absorbs, avoids, or mitigates it instead.

Also, to make a point, my Efflo healing on Skorp, with almost 90% uptime, was only 28% overheal. My Rejuv was almost the same amount.

IMO, for the legendaries all together in 7.2, trinket, Tearstone, and Prydaz will still all be very strong in most situations (ring is crap in m+, for example). Belt, Sephuz, and shoulders will be very powerful in the right circumstances, but not something you can just wear and never think about like the first three, with Sephuz being by far the most situational. Eko is a solid boost to any fight, it's something like a 3% throughput increase going by my own logs just with Ysera's alone, and synergizes very well with Prydaz, but you'd replace it with more situationally useful ones. The bracers tend to be on either extreme; either a lifesaver for your tanks or a stat stick you make no use of. The boots and gloves I still feel are very weak and relegated entirely to cheesing HPS numbers (boots) or really oddball fights where you desperately need a 35s~ CD on Ironbark.
    Last edited by SafariDiscoLion; 2017-03-15 at 02:58 PM.