Poll: Will you let your kids play wow?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    still gonna try to steer them away

My kids (who are in their 20s) don't want to play WoW.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way. My kids will spend their time productively, they won't be playing video games unless its a rainy day / snow day. Gaming will be a privilege and a reward, not a given.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Yes, but only in case of Vanilla servers... Private/Legacy, I don't care...

If its around when my kids can comprehend a MMO, then I'd let them have a bash on it,

The partner and me have had talks like this before, we're both strongly against kids having some tech at some ages. For example my 6 year old cousin has had access to a ipad since the age of two, at nearly 4 he ordered a load of spiderman toys on ebay. At 5, he was given his own Ipad air 2. Last june he was given a old smart phone, and for Christmas he was given an iphone. Oh previous christmas he had a ps4.

He's a wiz on everything, but I disagree with it, right now he still has a "social" life, as his folks and gran take him to football, school clubs and the likes each week, but I've seen other kids grow up the same way he is right now, and when they hit 10, they just got completely anti social, usually bullied and just in general a hermit.

As for wow or a game similar, yes they can have a bash on it, but it will 100% my account, and 100% an allotted time. You want to pick herbs for you profession? That's you hour to do it. You want to run a dungeon with school friends? go ahead, Raiding won't be happening, I started at 14 and remember 3 nights a week the RL screaming down his microphone, wasn't pleasant.

Deleted
    As long as they study and do other activities, why not.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    I don't particularly care. I've been a semi-harcore raider in a couple expansions now and I've had a blast doing it. When I'm grizzled and my kids are old enough to play MMOs, if they even care to play them, I might even just join em and kick their asses at it.

Then they'll look at me and ask themselves how their dad is such badass offline AND online...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Up to them. I would never be selfish and deny them something that has brought a lot of good times to myself.
    This /msg2short

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    As for wow or a game similar, yes they can have a bash on it, but it will 100% my account, and 100% an allotted time. You want to pick herbs for you profession? That's you hour to do it. You want to run a dungeon with school friends? go ahead, Raiding won't be happening, I started at 14 and remember 3 nights a week the RL screaming down his microphone, wasn't pleasant.
    Haha funny, was the same here with my first RL. He once shouted "I dont care if your grandmother died or if you have a presentation tomorrow. When we raid, we raid." at 2 am under the week, me in 8th grade. Was horrible back then, now its a funny story to tell about
    Last edited by mmoc7883fb8807; 2017-03-15 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokks View Post
    Haha funny, was the same here with my first RL. He once shouted "I dont care if your grandmother died or if you have a presentation tomorrow. When we raid, we raid." at 2 am under the week, me in 8th grade. Was horrible back then, now its a funny story to tell about
    Yea, ours was similar, but when he shouted, you know when someone screams because they are that angry, its almost like a vibration of the voice back, he was a nasty piece of work