Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How do we feel about Japan having an atomic bomb program of their own?

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-06-..._1_atomic-bomb

The Japanese were to receive 1000kg of process uranium from the Nazis by u-boat. The u-boat surrendered to American forces and uranium was used on the Nagasaki bomb, the two Japanese officers accompanying the uranium on the submarine committed suicide instead of surrendering which was common for WWII Japanese.

Their abomb program wasn't all that advanced but it was super hard to get information on Japan during the war because spying on Japan was difficult. They are a very tribal people who shun outsiders, especially back then.

The thing is the allies didn't find out how far along the Japanese were with their abomb until after the war was over. For all the allies know a Japanese abomb could've been just a week away.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-03-15 at 01:03 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Something like the millions that Germany killed?
    Yeah pretty much. The people who died in death- and laborcamps during the german reich was what we would call civilians.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Just two errors: Japan didn't offer that, and the Soviets didn't carry the messages; they just stalled - and then later joined the attack against Japan.

If you think you have any sources for your alternative facts, check again that they are trustworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Less now. I had to look it up, but the half-life is just 12 years.
    Haha, oh yeah. When I bought it as a child, it was already decayed to a "safe" level. Puts off some order of magnitude or more less than background radiation. They don't sell them anymore because I guess any radiation is a liability or something, but it's a neat souvenir.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    dude, keep going, this is gold.
    Never go full....

EDIT: Annoying has gone BLUE gz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    You quoted yourself for some reason
    Okay buddy, you go and have a rest until you're capable of following a discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Japan raped its way across China and was in league with a nation that wanted to commit genocide on those it deemed impure, alcoholics, addicts and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

They did horrible things that make the atomic bombs look like vacation. While the civilians were not directly guilty ( they still fed those soldiers, produced their weapons and ensured they had a place to retreat to ) of all those things, they were still what kept the army afloat.

So why exactly is it wrong, in a war against an axis of tyrants and psychopaths, to fight fire with fire? Had the Axis won we'd have seen hundreds of millions killed due to their race. Two atomic bombs are a small price to pay in order to quell that evil for good.

What kind of General could look the wives of his fallen soldiers in the eyes and say

'' We could've ended the war sooner. Your husband would still be alive, had I bombed their cities. But I put the lives of their civilians, the ones that feed the army, above that of my own men. "

Holy hell, I'd see that as treason. As the military leader your main goal is to kill the enemy and protect your own men/nation. And that's precisely what they did.
    America is "given shit" over Hiroshima and Nagasaki (even more than for any other comparable devastation inflicted elsewhere) for two reasons: the first (and less important, because it's unrealistic) is that hindsight is 20/20 - if the men making the decision to drop those bombs had know what we know now they would not have needed to drop them (at least not on those cities), the second (and far more important) is that shame and guilt over Hiroshima and Nagasaki are a part of the price America chose to pay in order to put the nuclear genie back in it's bottle (and keep it there).

For the collective good of the human race, the casual use of nuclear weapons in warfare had to be stopped; part of the way the US did that was by refusing to use them again, even when they could have safely done so to their own advantage, the other part of that was by as the initiators of nuclear war publicly expressing remorse, regret, and even guilt for what it as a nation had done. It worked, and remains an incredibly impressive achievement, right up there with the fact that (with the sole exception of the North Korean pariah-state), the human race has stopped testing nuclear weapons.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

An addendum to that, it tends to only be the gung-ho "We used 'em 'cuz 'Merica" fools that actually attract any shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The way I see it, the USA could have either:

-dropped the bombs and killed a couple hundred thousand

OR

-invade Japan and kill a few million

Both are "bad" because they involve death, but one is significantly less bad than the other.
    Yet, only one of them is true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Okay buddy, you go and have a rest until you're capable of following a discussion.
    Not that I'm surprised by your answer (rather lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    because they're still soldiers. I mean, they're more or less disposable for their country.
    But they were civilians literally a year prior to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Constripts are battle-ready troops. They are in the position of combat, and most of the time, they are also adults fully aware of their actions and the dangers that comes with these actions. They are mostly also armed. I would have said the same if they bombed unarmed conscripts, who had not been given the chance to surrender.

Civilians are often children, young people who are not fully adults, old people who can not fight and people who pretty much have nothing to do with the war.
    Lol, you clearly never saw them documentaries or read them stories, then. The majority of them barely knew how to hold a rifle and shat their pants as soon as they were shot at. They aren't G.I. Joes, they're just young men that were born the wrong gender and were forced into the army.

Being a young man doesn't make your life less valuable than a woman's/old man's/kid's.

And there's no amount of combat training that can save you for a nuke/bombing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    How do we feel about Japan having an atomic bomb program of their own?

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-06-..._1_atomic-bomb

The Japanese were to receive 1000kg of process uranium from the Nazis by u-boat. The u-boat surrendered to American forces and uranium was used on the Nagasaki bomb, the two Japanese officers accompanying the uranium on the submarine committed suicide instead of surrendering which was common for WWII Japanese.

Their abomb program wasn't all that advanced but it was super hard to get information on Japan during the war because spying on Japan was difficult. They are a very tribal people who shun outsiders, especially back then.

The thing is the allies didn't find out how far along the Japanese were with their abomb until after the war was over. For all the allies know a Japanese abomb could've been just a week away.
    Why are we entering What Ifs? If the Japanese used an A-Bomb on a city they would be getting stick so what's your point

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If the people supported their government's actions, then it isn't a war crime.
    And that's the case on both sides.
    It has nothing to do with the support. I can support my governement gassing you and your whole country, does not make it less of a war crime. Can't be that thick can you?

- - - Updated - - -

Care to explain to us what part was a "warcrime" in 1945.

Did I say it was a warcrime back then? No.
    Now it's considered a warcrime and seeing as the jews can keep yammering about the same thing over and over again, we (the people) get to say what they comitted were warcrimes. It was never (never ever) considered to be "the right thing to do" and if you can't see why... Well... (don't make me finish that, I'l get infracted again for calling you a retard)
    oh wait.

idc.

- - - Updated - - -

How was it a terrorist action? It was a military installation with military factories inside of a city. We were at war. It's not like we backstabbed them we actually warned them it was coming.
    It was a civillian city, attacking and murdering mostly civillian targets is a terrorist act. Don't go babbling around it, it is a fact.
    Don't try to say otherwise. Fekking terrorist supporter. (oh see what I did there.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    Most of the protection of civilians wasn't added to the Geneva Coventions until after WWII.

This is why Firebombing was legal and used by just about everyone in WWII.

I find the criticism by many of Hiroshima and Nagasaki to be either hypocritical or ignorant because it ignores and disrespects those that died to suffocation all over Europe and Japan throughout World War II. Firebombing, by the way, is the tactic of dropping high explosives upon civilian roads and bridges to prevent ambulances and firetrucks from operating when incendiaries bombs are then dropped upon the city. The resulting inferno then sucks away all the oxygen, killing civilians through suffocation.

You know, real civilized.

At least 25,000 civilians were killed in a single raid on Dresden, Germany. That's rather small- estimates for a single firebombing raid on Tokyo on the 9th of March 1945 commonly cites around 100,000+ killed.

As an article on Wired points out, this raid was the deadliest in WWII- including Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Why do the people that died to incendiaries instead of an atomic bomb not matter?
    Oh hunny. It does not in any way diminish the suffering for those that died anywhere. It does condemn the only retarded nation that EVER used those kinds of weapons and tries to police everyone else in the world on the use of said weapons.
    It's called hypocritical. murrica is it. The most. By far.
    Now if you want, we can give you shit about firebombing too, no biggie just say the word.
    Makes you more terrorists...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    In 2017, i somewhat trust the US and most western countries to use their nuclear arsenal responsibly. I hope to not be proven wrong. I don't know however if i can trust countries like Iran or North Korea to use nukes responsibly, that means not unleashing them on civilian population.

I don't think it's hypocrite to prevent nations with history of non respect for human rights from manufacturing a nuclear weapon arsenal.
    You trst the US, yet I consider that the least trusthworthy country in the world... And they were the only ones ever to be retarded enough to use the weapon. So they have shown they are not using it responsibly (as in not at all).
    I'd rather have Iran or N-Korea have the bomb than Drumpf.
    (oh and yes it is, since you have a history of not respecting human rights either, so don't go bitching about that)

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-03-15 at 03:40 PM.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Japan raped its way across China and was in league with a nation that wanted to commit genocide on those it deemed impure, alcoholics, addicts and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

They did horrible things that make the atomic bombs look like vacation. While the civilians were not directly guilty ( they still fed those soldiers, produced their weapons and ensured they had a place to retreat to ) of all those things, they were still what kept the army afloat.

So why exactly is it wrong, in a war against an axis of tyrants and psychopaths, to fight fire with fire? Had the Axis won we'd have seen hundreds of millions killed due to their race. Two atomic bombs are a small price to pay in order to quell that evil for good.

What kind of General could look the wives of his fallen soldiers in the eyes and say

'' We could've ended the war sooner. Your husband would still be alive, had I bombed their cities. But I put the lives of their civilians, the ones that feed the army, above that of my own men. "

Holy hell, I'd see that as treason. As the military leader your main goal is to kill the enemy and protect your own men/nation. And that's precisely what they did.
    They aren't given shit by anyone other than progressives. Military might was exercised and we used a method that ended hostilities almost instantly, people want to armchair general decades later just so they can pat themselves on the back and say "Look how tolerant I am!". It's irrelevant and their opinions are useless.

I mean I have been saying this is the solution to the whole Middle East for a long time Turn the whole shit to glass and the world in general will be a better place. No more morons walking into crowded malls and blowing themselves up. No more of our soldiers hunting for years in rat holes for assholes, and no more bitching about who gets the oil since it will all be gone. Solves a lot of problems in one swoop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I mean I have been saying this is the solution to the whole Middle East for a long time Turn the whole shit to glass and the world in general will be a better place. No more morons walking into crowded malls and blowing themselves up. No more of our soldiers hunting for years in rat holes for assholes, and no more bitching about who gets the oil since it will all be gone. Solves a lot of problems in one swoop.
    Yeah, that doesn't sound viable or even remotely unbiased.

Rape of Berlin by the Soviets, Rape of Nanking by the Japanese, 63 million dead with a 1/3 of those being Russians, Holocaust, why is Hiroshima and Nagasaki so important? Other than trolling Americans?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Still waiting on the "Why is Germany given sh!t over the holocaust?" thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yeah because genocide is awesome >.> Least of all the economical and ecological fallout afterwards and pissed of millions but YEE-HA! NUKE DEM SAVAGES! Ughh

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Because the Germans are irrelevant in this argument.
    Simply because you don't want them to be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    rape of berlin by the soviets, rape of nanking by the japanese, 63 million dead with a 1/3 of those being russians, holocaust, why is hiroshima and nagasaki so important? Other than trolling americans?
    ffs you.have.been.told.numerous.times