Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Brazilian football club signs goalkeeper whose girlfriend's body was fed to dogs

Brazilians have reacted with fury after one of the country’s most high-profile goalkeepers was snapped up by a football team on leaving prison – despite serving only a fraction of his sentence for torturing and murdering his girlfriend, and ordering that her body be fed to his rottweilers.

Bruno Fernandes de Souza, now 32, was released from prison in February on a technicality – having served only seven years of his 22 year sentence.

In May 2009 the married footballer, who had captained his Rio de Janeiro side to the top of the Serie A league and was linked to a multi-million-pound transfer deal to AC Milan, met Eliza Samudio at one of the sex parties he and other footballers frequently attended.

Fernandes became besotted with the 25-year-old, and she fell pregnant when a condom split. He insisted she have an abortion, but she refused, and in February 2010 gave birth to a baby boy, named Bruninho – little Bruno.

Fernandes turned against her, forcing Samudio – who provided DNA evidence that Bruninho was the footballer’s son – to take him to court for child support.

In June she was lured, with her son, into a car with the promise that Fernandes was going to give her a house. Instead she was pistol-whipped and driven to Fernandes’s apartment, where she was tied to a chair and tortured for six days, in front of her son.

Fernandes’s wife, another lover, a cousin and a former police officer, Marcos Santos all took turns to beat her. It is claimed Fernandes himself watched as Santos committed “barbaric tortures” on the victim, playing music to drown out her screams before strangling her with a tie in front of her son.

Her body was then chopped up and fed to the dogs, with the bones buried in concrete.

The boy was dumped in a favela.

Police took Fernandes in for questioning, and he told them Samudio had left the country.

“I pray that Eliza will appear, and when that happens, if I am the father I will fight for the guardianship, because I don’t believe in leaving a child,” he said at the time. “I have a clear conscience.”
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...rdered-murder/

How is torture and murder only a 22 year sentence in Brazil?

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them should have been executed.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    All of them should have been executed.
    This is one of those cases where nothing short of death penalty is enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    This is one of those cases where nothing short of death penalty is enough.
    Fortunately, they are still alive. There's time.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

“In Brazil we do not condemn people to death or to prison forever,” said Rone Moraes da Costa, owner of the club, in a statement on their Facebook page.

“Therefore, when a prisoner is released, they can find means of forming part of society; working and gaining dignity through work.”
    So you hire psychopaths, and pay them more money than 99% of the rest of your country to kick a ball around? The NFL looks on approvingly.

Someone bringing a gun to a match and taking this guy out would be doing the world a favor.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    That was unpleasant to read to say the least.

The way these athletes are revered is unhealthy for a country and its culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Fortunately, they are still alive. There's time.
    Trump wanted to open some CIA black sites again. People like in this story can be the customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If people actually care, they should boycot the team that hired him (and any team that hires him). I mean it doesn't seem he even regrets it, he did not serve a third of his time, there is no possible restitution for his crime.
    If you ask me, this is the type of person the death penalty was designed for. But its costs more to kill someone then to have them serve a life sentence..blah blah. As heinous as his crime was, and as much as I would like to curb stomp him for it. Devils advocate: According to the law he served his time, he should be allowed to live a normal productive life. A boycott just makes this guy essentially unemployable, which gives him a greater chance to cause harm to someone else. Should we want these people to be productive so they dont become repeat offenders?

10+ Year Old Account
    OK this was utterly disturbing to read. How was he not lynched in prison?
    Violence against women in Brasil is fairly common, probably so common in some areas that this wasn't even seen a big moral issue in criminal circles.

I wonder how the son fits in all of this, growing up knowing your father is a psychopath that killed your own mother in a gruesome manner, scarred for life at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's Brazil....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    If you ask me, this is the type of person the death penalty was designed for. But its costs more to kill someone then to have them serve a life sentence..blah blah. As heinous as his crime was, and as much as I would like to curb stomp him for it. Devils advocate: According to the law he served his time, he should be allowed to live a normal productive life. A boycott just makes this guy essentially unemployable, which gives him a greater chance to cause harm to someone else. Should we want these people to be productive so they dont become repeat offenders?
    If you end them now they won't be a repeat offender. Side note: what's' the rough cost of just busting his kneecaps with a pipe and dumping him in a rough neighborhood/jungle area?

10+ Year Old Account
    OK this was utterly disturbing to read. How was he not lynched in prison?
    If he had killed a child he probably would have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    How is torture and murder only a 22 year sentence in Brazil?
    Many countries have a fucked up system. An even more disturbing case than this comes to mind, the Monster of the Andes, who claimed to have raped and killed 300 girls between the ages of 9 and 12 in South American countries. He was orginally sentenced to life according to this article, but guess what? Not imprisoned anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    That was unpleasant to read to say the least.

The way these athletes are revered is unhealthy for a country and its culture.
    I completely agree. While I did read this case in Norwegian media, they didn't mention the torture, so reading about her six days of torment now makes it even worse. One famous ski guy in Norway drove while intoxicated, crashed and left his friend in the car. But he couldn't go to prison, because the world championship was coming up!

And it's not just athletes either, all famous people seem to get a pass on the horrible shit they commit, like Roman Polanski and him raping a 13 year old girl many, many years ago

Everyone should be equal before the law, but that isn't a reality

(I'm also expecting someone to point out that she carried the pregnancy to term despite the will of the guy, poor men and all that. Let us also not forget that Brazil, while better than certain other South American countries, isn't exactly pro-choice)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    1. Yes, this is the person the death penalty was designed for.

2. Maybe it does... but he wasn't going to serve a life sentence anyway, which I find odd.

3. Well, according to the law, he should have served 22 years, but Brazil is a corrupt country and he had been cashing in on his fame before he was imprisoned. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on why he ended serving only 7 years.

4. Also, guess what, the reason why a football club snatched him is because... he was already productive when he tortured and killed the woman in front of his child and fed her to dogs. So... we already know that him being productive would not stop him from doing such acts. In fact, there is a high chance that him being famous is what ended getting to his head and making him think he can do anything.

Such a person, if not given a death sentence, should at least serve quite a bit. 21 years would have been... somewhat acceptable. But he served 7. 7 is not enough. He does not seem to regret his decision, showcasing that, if rehabilitation was attempted, it did not work.

Also, the football club who took him showed how little they care of women and of someone's life in the face of a good football player and his fame. Is this the kind of education we wish to promote on the population? On children, since many children in Brazil love football? That fame and fortune and football skill matter more than the life of an innocent? Then punishing/rehabilitating a criminal?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    One famous ski guy in Norway drove while intoxicated, crashed and left his friend in the car. But he couldn't go to prison, because the world championship was coming up!
    Norwegian skiers are so on their own level of immunity it's ridiculous. *coughjohaugcough*
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

If people actually care, they should boycot the team that hired him (and any team that hires him). I mean it doesn't seem he even regrets it, he did not serve a third of his time, there is no possible restitution for his crime.
    The team has already lost several sponsors and Brazil in general is rioting against that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Norwegian skiers are so on their own level of immunity it's ridiculous. *coughjohaugcough*
    Norwegians are too insane with skiing. I feel I might get my citizenship revoked by admitting my dislike for the sport. "Of course Finland/Russia/any other country cheats! Not us! We're pure and innocent. We would never cheat!" - I'd say too many Norwegians have this attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Norwegians are too insane with skiing. I feel I might get my citizenship revoked by admitting my dislike for the sport. "Of course Finland/Russia/any other country cheats! Not us! We're pure and innocent. We would never cheat!" - I'd say too many Norwegians have this attitude
    It's pretty obvious Norwegians cheat just like others. They have just been better at it than others thus far. But it's just a matter of time when the whole thing gets blown, just like Russians.

The "technicality" that allowed him to go free was that the judicial system was so incompetent, they didn't bring his appeal to a judge for over six years, making it so that his trial was incomplete and he wasn't condemned yet. Eventually a judge released him until his trial is complete. We expect him to go back to jail soon though.

I find it very troubling that a man can be in jail for over six years without a propper trial and potentially be innocent. Brazilian's constitution doesn't allow life sentences and much less death penalties. Opinions vary, but I believe its a good thing, since a legal system is made of people who can make mistakes. And this is very true around here.

The soccer team which hired him is some unknown third division team that believes bad publicity is better than no publicity.