Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It's not far fetched to agree that Trump's a little bit chilly about criticism.
    It is far fetched, because its on the wrong end of the temperature spectrum. 'Incendiary' is closer to what you're looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather he spent 365 days a year on vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Who wont like to do that.. OTOH it really could become dull sitting in the sun all the time, drinking pina colada after pina colada, playing games, sleeping a lot..

But.. well..

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Going out at the weekend is called a vacation now?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, are you making the claim that these things are not true? Please, tell me more!

No, seriously, do, because I think you'll have a little surprise.
    Two people, almost immediately, pointed out that you were basically lying, or at the very least spinning things beyond reality. If that doesn't tell you something, then there's no point having a "discussion" with you because you'll just spin it out into your oblivion. Just like most Trumpers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Every single President since Truman has taken responsibility for any errors of their own and their administrations errors until Trump. Trump doesn't take responsibility for anything but he will take credit.
    And he's never, ever wrong.

Likewise, the list of things that he does that isn't presidential is as long as the Washington Monument. You Trumpers will hand-wave this as "new and better - MAGA!" but that's just more of your hypocrisy.

The proof is right here in this thread. Trump has almost has racked up more vacation in under two months as Obama did in his first year, and you all just drool over the chance to defend and normalize it.
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-03-15 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think you have any weight considering your past history on this website. But let me assess something here -- I have been constant in my claims. I've very carefully made sure to keep a moral consistency in my ideologies and upon whom I support.

I can't say the same about a lot of people - and how ridiculous they sound when they think they're not hypocrites.

Pre-election: Democracy must be respected, you better not revolt when Hillary wins.
    Post-election: Riots, fires and several protests country-wide when Trump is elected.

Pre-election: Republicans wants to censor and turn us back toward religion!
    Post-election: How dare you support the president!

Pre-election: We owe nothing to the people, the DNC is a private institution!
    Post-election: TAX RETURN! TAX RETURN! TAX RETURN!

Pre-election: Women's rights is important and we should empower women in high position.
    Post-Election: Fuck Ivanka, fuck microwavable women, fuck education lady!

Pre-election: Trump is a racist shit.
    Post-election: Carson as a high-ranked role? Don't you dare!

Pre-election: Political facts and truth are importants.
    Post-election: ANONYMOUS SOURCE CLAIMS THAT TRUMP IS HAVING ORGIES IN RUSSIA!

The cat's out of the bag. It's because of those hypocrits that fascism will always find its hosts.

$0.01 was deposited into your account. Thank you.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

how is taking a trip on the weekend a vacation?
    to his resort where they just raised the membership fee to capitalize off the presidency? the one where he gets to use taxpayer money to pay himself? where he goes to play golf?

i guess we could call it a weekend getaway if you like the sound of that better

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

flying 2000 miles, costing 3 million dollars each is called "going out" now?

Geeze come on you are not even trying any more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    flying 2000 miles, costing 3 million dollars each is called "going out" now?

Geeze come on you are not even trying any more
    How many miles and how much money is the limit before you can't say "going out" anymore ?

How many miles and how much money is the limit before you can't say "going out" anymore ?
    Most people don't say I'm going out and leave their city/state. Even party badasses don't say that. That is a trip at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    It is far fetched, because its on the wrong end of the temperature spectrum. 'Incendiary' is closer to what you're looking for.
    Didn't he have a complete meltdown because some feminist actor didn't like him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

to me he is using it as the whithouse south, via meetings etc no golfing with celebrities (yet that i know of) ... i'm not a fan of this at all, at this pace.. but i don't see them as a vacation. I'm also confused how this costs so much compared to obama traveling O.o
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say "going out" is a trip where you can go there in back via car in a day at max.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I would too if I wasn't footing the bill.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Two people, almost immediately, pointed out that you were basically lying, or at the very least spinning things beyond reality. If that doesn't tell you something, then there's no point having a "discussion" with you because you'll just spin it out into your oblivion. Just like most Trumpers.
    These things happened. Be disingenuous as much as you wish, you cannot change a reality that has actually happened. Oh, maybe you didn't buy in all of them. You certainly enforced some, though.

The burden of proof is on you.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

i'd give anything that you can go and be back home without having to fly in the same day. that's going out.

but no one needs to explain the difference between going out and vacation. you know full well what it is so continue to troll away

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    These things happened. Be disingenuous as much as you wish, you cannot change a reality that has actually happened. Oh, maybe you didn't buy in all of them. You certainly enforced some, though.

The burden of proof is on you.
    Again, as MANY people in this very thread have already pointed out, the only disingenuity is coming from you. You are the one spinning reality into your own world, not us. You are the one pushing buy in, not us. There is no burden of proof. Reality happened, you're just out of touch and drowning in your echo chamber.

And that's nothing new from Trumpers. We expect it now.

The house and congress is still made of GoP members.

Tag me then, because I want to read this. Normal mode: Don't use biased sources like CNN, NYT or MSNBC - for equalitites' sake, don't use Breitbart, Fox News or the thing with alex jones. Hard mode: Use news outlets which have clear, identifiable sources.
    Okay, I'm back home, you've had plenty of time to retract anything not supported by facts, let's do this. I find it kind of hilarious that you're wanting to pick and choose sources when your post was nothing but a bunch of unsupported claims, but sure. I'll play your game, Trebek. I'll source where appropriate, and I expect your rebuttal to do the same.

Let's be clear about one thing here, because I think you made this mistake on most of these: for your arguments to hold water, then the same people must be saying these things both before and after Trump was elected. If one group says the pre-election bit and another group says the post-election bit, that isn't hypocrisy, that's just different parts of a larger group holding different views.

SUBJECT: REVOLTS
    Pre-election: Democracy must be respected, you better not revolt when Hillary wins.
    Post-election: Riots, fires and several protests country-wide when Trump is elected.
    First, the reason people were warning against revolts was that people on the right were literally saying they would do it. Even if we ignore Trump's call for Hillary's assassination (yes, I know what he said afterwards, but there isn't a single person who heard his words and in that moment thought he meant 'by voting'), not only were his voters pretty hyped to take violent action, but even a sitting Governor claimed that the tree of liberty needed to be watered by the blood of tyrants and patriots. This was a real thing and an actual danger to the country. As for what happened pot-election, there's nothing wrong with peaceful protests, and I don't recall anyone in authority supporting the violence. Some of the protesters were self-described anarchists as well, so who knows how much can be lain at their feet.

SUBJECT: RELIGION
    Pre-election: Republicans wants to censor and turn us back toward religion!
    Post-election: How dare you support the president!
    Not entirely sure what you mean here, but you seem to be claiming that, by pointing out the hypocrisy of Christian groups supporting someone who is apparently non-religious, a self-admitted philanderer, someone who lies and bullies and is basically an insult to Christian values, people were being hypocritical? Your two statements don't really mean anything in relation to each other.

SUBJECT: PRIVATE INFORMATION
    Pre-election: We owe nothing to the people, the DNC is a private institution!
    Post-election: TAX RETURN! TAX RETURN! TAX RETURN!
    This is the closest you have to a point, but you're still wrong. Yes, I know, you're terribly mad about Bernie, and yes, the DNC gave precedence to Clinton. Maybe if Bernie had been an actual Democrat, rather than joining so he could use their warchest to get elected, things may have been different. Instead he zipped back over to Independent status the moment he lost. Sorry the Democratic National Convention wanted a Democratic candidate. But that's not even the point. Trump promised he would release his tax returns if he ran for President. He promised to release them when... hell, here's a big long list. He's made these promises, and they were lies. Every president for 50 years has released them; he hasn't. This is much different than a private organization giving preferred treatment to its only real Democrat candidate.

SUBJECT: WOMEN
    Pre-election: Women's rights is important and we should empower women in high position.
    Post-Election: Fuck Ivanka, fuck microwavable women, fuck education lady!
    This, on the other hand, is just dumb. You're basically saying that supporting women's rights means we can never criticize women even if they do stupid and corrupt shit, like showing off an expensive dress during massive humanitarian protests, or making up phrases like 'alternative facts', or buying their way to a major cabinet position while being completely unqualified for it. Again, these two things aren't opposites, and it's always appropriate to call out corruption.

SUBJECT: RACE
    Pre-election: Trump is a racist shit.
    Post-election: Carson as a high-ranked role? Don't you dare!
    Seriously? Okay, look. The objection to Carson had nothing to do with race, and I hope you're not suggesting it was, because that's stupid as hell. Carson, like DeVos, is completely unqualified for the cabinet position he was given as a reward for supporting Trump. If he'd been made head of HHS, that would have been a different matter; people would have rolled their eyes a bit, but that would have been all. But HUD? Just... why?! Trump still is a racist shit, though. Him appointing Carson doesn't change that; it just means he thinks Carson is 'one of the good ones.'

SUBJECT: FACTS
    Pre-election: Political facts and truth are importants.
    Post-election: ANONYMOUS SOURCE CLAIMS THAT TRUMP IS HAVING ORGIES IN RUSSIA!
    Finally, I guess I have to explain the whole dossier thing one more goddamn time. The dossier was stated, when it was published, to be unconfirmed. As a result, nobody fucking claimed the things it contained were true. The bits about the hookers were funny, but nobody took them seriously. That was the bit Buzzfeed published. The part CNN reported on was 100% true and accurate in every respect. So unless you can find someone who claims that facts are important and believed that the dossier was true without any further verification... no, not hypocrisy.

So, there you go. You get a small partial credit on the DNC, but the rest is just your own mindless hypocrisy and butthurtedness of a lack of President Bernie.

- - - Updated - - -

Presidents don't get weekends off. He is President 24/7 until he leaves office; that's part of the whole package. If he leaves the White House to go to a resort for golf, it's a vacation.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, get over it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could throw a shoe out of my window and hit a more reliable source than noxxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope.