Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Artifact Power should not be per spec

Maybe it wouldn't fit the lore that well about powering up that 'one' weapon but c'mon..
    With the removal of the dual spec and we can now play 'whatever' spec we want, we are even more limited than we were before because of AP.

Imo, if you have 200k AP, you should be able to spend 200k AP in all specs.

I've read things about people quitting the game because their guild wanted them to play another spec but they didn't have enough AP for that spec so they got benched. You could say 'find another guild' or whatever but we shouldn't be so limited with this system.

/rant

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember back when people cried "I miss spec mattering"
    like being able to say "i am a demo lock" it became "i am a warlock"

but yeah i do think there should be easier catch ups like a 1/5 the AP goes to alt weapons, but not 1/1
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

And then you have the two examples of Druids and Demon Hunters.
    If you get that same amount for each spec, then Druids benefit hugely in getting twice the benefit compared to Demon Hunters.

There is no good and fair model for every class as long as the number of specs vary.

But I think most players investing heavily into all their specs don't actually need to, they just convince themselves they need to.
    So IMO it should be left as per-spec.

Artifact Knowledge is being raised upto 40, so as far as catchup goes, that isn't a quick one to gain but it will have a significant impact once you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you get that same amount for each spec, then Druids benefit hugely in getting twice the benefit compared to Demon Hunters.

There is no good and fair model for every class as long as the number of specs vary.

But I think most players investing heavily into all their specs don't actually need to, they just convince themselves they need to.
    So IMO it should be left as per-spec.

Artifact Knowledge is being raised upto 40, so as far as catchup goes, that isn't a quick one to gain but it will have a significant impact once you do.
    Such a horrible fucking excuse, this retarded white knighting is why they make such fucking terrible decisions.

How exactly do they benefit double you mongoloid?

Havoc will do 600k DPS, Feral will do 600K DPS, Balance will do 600k DPS.

Its about OUTPUT IN THE CONTENT THAT MATTERS, AKA RAIDING or M+ or PvP, ITS NOT ABOUT WHETHER SOMEONE CAN PLAY MORE SPECS.

There is no double benefit in DRUID GETTING 4 SPECS AT THE SAME TIME OVER A 2 SPEC AT THE SAME TIME, THEY BOTH DO THE SAME THING IN THE END.

QUITE THE OPPOSITE, DRUID HAS 4 SPECS TO FARM GEAR FOR THAN ONLY TWO.

I am not even if you people posting this crap ever finished highschool.

To the OP.

Yes they should have changed that long ago, they simply wont cause apart from the retards above white knighting it, its time consuming, which means longer subs for those interested etc etc.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-03-16 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Such a horrible fucking excuse, this retarded white knighting is why they make such fucking terrible decisions.

Its about OUTPUT IN THE CONTENT THAT MATTERS, AKA RAIDING, ITS NOT ABOUT WHETHER SOMEONE CAN PLAY MORE SPECS.

There is no double benefit in DRUID GETTING 4 SPECS AT THE SAME TIME OVER A 2 SPEC AT THE SAME TIME, THEY BOTH DO THE SAME THING IN THE END.

To the OP.

Yes they should have changed that long ago, they simply wont cause apart from the retards above white knighting it, its time consuming, which means longer subs for those interested etc etc.
    You have no argument so resort to the usual behaviour of deciding one post makes someone a fanboy/white knight or some other derivative of that.
    Stop acting so damn stupid.

If you think each spec "does the same", then you are again acting stupid.
    Because by that argument you are just contradicting yourself as you then made the argument it doesn't matter which you invest into.
    So no need for it to be distributed.

See, you just killed your argument.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-16 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

You have no argument so resort to the usual behaviour of deciding one post makes someone a fanboy/white knight or some other derivative of that.
    Stop acting so damn stupid.

If you think each spec "does the same", then you are again acting stupid.
    Because by that argument you are just contradicting yourself as you then made the argument it doesn't matter which you invest into.
    So no need for it to be distributed.
    You post shows you are out of sync of the game or raiding in general, therefor i responded as i should.

You have no clue what you are talking about and you should not have an opinion on the matter based on that.

If you cant do basic math it is not my problem.

Whether druid has 4 specs or DH has 2 specs is 100% fucking irrelevant to AP being given to all specs.

The DH doesnt lose anything if the druid has a balance spec maxed and a resto spec maxed when he plays feral/Guardian, i am not even sure how you can not see that.

Why the fuck the DH cares if the druid gets AP in his Resto spec? Where is the fucking logic?

The DH can switch to tank whenever he wants, the druid can switch to anything whenever he wants, what exactly is the problem? that the druid can switch to 3 more specs? We already knew that years ago, the DH could have rolled a druid.

You simply make no fucking sense.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-03-16 at 09:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxgg2k View Post
    Maybe it wouldn't fit the lore that well about powering up that 'one' weapon but c'mon..
    With the removal of the dual spec and we can now play 'whatever' spec we want, we are even more limited than we were before because of AP.

Imo, if you have 200k AP, you should be able to spend 200k AP in all specs.

I've read things about people quitting the game because their guild wanted them to play another spec but they didn't have enough AP for that spec so they got benched. You could say 'find another guild' or whatever but we shouldn't be so limited with this system.

/rant
    Nope, nope.. It should.. Sorry, has to be some reason for choices in this game, not just nanny solution.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    False authentic bullshit. No extra benefit. Druids have 4 specs regardless of AP. With shared AP druids get to play all specs equally, and demon hunters get to play all specs equally. And all other classes get to play all their respective specs equally. And druids will have the same 4 specs as now.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    False authentic bullshit. No extra benefit. Druids have 4 specs regardless of AP. With shared AP druids get to play all specs equally, and demon hunters get to play all specs equally. And all other classes get to play all their respective specs equally. And druids will have the same 4 specs as now.
    OH LOOK SOMEONE WITH BASIC MATH UNDERSTANDING AND LOGIC APPEARED.

Thank you.

So? With the current system the druid has to farm double as much AP as the DH, while in the other example both have exactly the same amount to farm.
    Obviously the latter is much "fairer", as the amount of available specs is determined when you choose your class. It's pretty clear that someone who chooses DH does not want to heal with it.

And what people "need" to do, or even want to do, completely depends on their context. Even if the majority would not "need" it, it also would not hurt them and they would benefit equally.

Deleted
    Personally I like that you actually have to choose and focus on a spec now compared to before. It means that there can actually be a difference between two mages, as one might have focused on fire, and the other frost, and they gain more from sticking to their spec than switching every single fight.

It also gives you a lot more content to do before you're "done". If people quit because "it's too much", they would have quit anyway because "there's not enough to do!" aka Warlords of Draenor. I've played through every single expansion without taking breaks and to me this is easily the best one, people just need to stop seeing AP as an expectation and start looking at it as something you will acquire naturally over time as you play the game.

I think the new filler trait in 7.2 which is a proc instead of passive damage increase for every trait will help a lot of people switch to a healthier mindset.

"they gain more from sticking to their spec than switching every single fight."

This is a completely false statement. I heal in LFR, tank in M0 and daily LFG, DPS in progression. Sometime I even "switch every single fight" between heals and DPS, and yet I put all my points into DPS. do you even know you don't have to put AP into the spec you earn AP from?

7+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way would be to put an AP gain bonus for your off specs.
    Lets say you reach 20 traits with your main artifact.
    Then your other artifacts receive a 50% extra gain for AP until they reach 10 or 15 traits.
    You reach again 35 traits with your main, the other receive the bonus until the 25fth trait, etc..
    It could also work like the MoP reputation bonus system.
    Once you have completed all traits in one weapon (not counting the last flat damage increases) you can choose one of your other artifact to get a 100% bonus until its maxed out too.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Its about OUTPUT IN THE CONTENT THAT MATTERS, AKA RAIDING or M+ or PvP, ITS NOT ABOUT WHETHER SOMEONE CAN PLAY MORE SPECS.

To the OP.

I picture a stereotypical fat gaming dude with a neckbeard frothing at the mouth while screaming as I read this. Pretty hilariously sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    "they gain more from sticking to their spec than switching every single fight."

This is a completely false statement. I heal in LFR, tank in M0 and daily LFG, DPS in progression. Sometime I even "switch every single fight" between heals and DPS, and yet I put all my points into DPS. do you even know you don't have to put AP into the spec you earn AP from?
    That's nice, however you don't seem to play any content which even require AP, in which case, it doesn't matter where you put your AP.

I agree and I thought of that, why didn't they just go with it? Sub numbers I guess. They get lower sub numbers than other xpacs atm and at least they are trying to keep time played at all time high to compensate.

I believe that last stacking point should have been taken out, and replaced with a proper account-wide Paragon Point system. A slowly stacking buff that applies to all characters. Getting 34 points at 25 AK is easy. It's like a week or two per artifact, which is fine this far into the expansion.

But the fact is you can't play any other spec, you can't play another character. Anything you do has to be on your main or you're wasting your time and won't be allowed to raid as soon as your guild hits Mythics.

I've already quit over this shit, and won't be back until 7.2 comes out so I can get more AK. I honestly don't know if I'll bother to raid again, and will probably quit soon after. This expansion started great, but has removed my only reason for playing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People still act as if it is hard to keep a 2nd spec raidworthy.

Lel.

I agree with the OP. I heal while raiding and tank mythic+ and the current AP system has forced me to decide whether I under perform for raiding or mythic+, one of the dps i raid with also heals the mythic+ group so with us both prioritising our raid specs has forced us both to under perform versus the other mythic+ group in our guild that has a main spec tank and healer. This has led us to being classed as the mythic+ "B" team.

It will only get worse with the new infinite AP system as any points I allocate outside my raid spec will leave me feeling like some of the 1% wipes might have been my fault.

Instead of the current system, it should have just worked the same as the current honor system whereby AP gains improve your ability to use artifact weapons rather than powering up the weapons themselves (I guess some of the people here would argue that honor should be gained per spec too?). This would also stop the need for people to constantly be spec swapping mid raid/dungeon so they can free up bag space by spending their AP.

Well I somewhat agree with the OP, because we were allowed dual spec before and it worked, and now it doesn't. Is it even working as intended yet? Personally I think at least give the same AP to 2 spec, so that we can at least do PvP with one spec and PvE (like tanking) with another.