Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Commercial success is in no way correlated to quality, if that is what you meant. Agreed.
    Yes that's how you'd write that point in proper English. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Just like how Vinyl disc players are the best they have ever been, they take care of the discs better, play the music more clearly
    but guess what, much less people have them now then back when they first came out

just because something is better then it used to be doesent mean it will have more users

i bet MSN is much easier and better to use then it was back when it first came out, but much much less people use it now then they did
    You can believe in what you wrote and live in denial, or you can admit, that despite all it's techonogical and QoL advances, the games is more shallow and bland than it once was. It has been repeated to exaustion, some ppl like to log in, queue/do wq's, logoff, and are content, some think a better game is more than this.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    You can believe in what you wrote and live in denial, or you can admit, that despite all it's techonogical and QoL advances, the games is more shallow and bland than it once was. It has been repeated to exaustion, some ppl like to log in, queue/do wq's, logoff, and are content, some think a better game is more than this.
    Thank you. Some people just can't/won't admit this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And again that's your opinion. You don't get to decide the genre of a game
    Hmm, the casuals that came along around Wrath and changed the game to what it is now seemed to think they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Hmm, the casuals that came along around Wrath and changed the game to what it is now seemed to think they could.
    Cool and they don't get to decide either. It's an MMORPG. All of WoW and it's expansions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Are you saying there were no casual players in Vanilla and TBC? You do know Vanilla had the least amount of 'end game' players by percentage right?

battlegrounds was much more fun to play and epic items really was epic because was hard to get unlike now when you get from every quests

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    battlegrounds was much more fun to play and epic items really was epic because was hard to get unlike now when you get from every quests
    Strange. All I have ever had on every quest post 90 is a chance for them to upgrade to purple. Never guaranteed. Did they change it recently or something because I haven't been through the WoD experience for a while?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-18 at 09:46 PM.

Cool and they don't get to decide either. It's an MMORPG. All of WoW and it's expansions are.
    Yeah I agree. It was most definitely a MMORPG for the first few expansions. Not as much today but it still meets the bare minimum requirements.

Strange. All I have ever had on every quest post 90 is a chance for them to upgrade to purple. Never guaranteed. Did they change it recently or something because I haven't been through the WoD experience for a while?
    we play or someone does because i quit legion now and not WOD

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yeah I agree. It was most definitely a MMORPG for the first few expansions. Not as much today but it still meets the bare minimum requirements.
    And again that's your opinion. It is an MMORPG today whether you want it to be or not. Any particular reason you feel the need to just come in and throw fuel on the fire into this thread? Because it's pretty immature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    we play or someone does because i quit legion now and not WOD
    Uhm that makes no sense to my argument. You cannot get epics from quest rewards unless they roll it. You are not guaranteed them. And tbh if you really care about some random strange getting a purple item during questing that will be replaced at max level anyway then that is your problem.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-18 at 10:01 PM.

Uhm that makes no sense to my argument. You cannot get epics from quest rewards unless they roll it. You are not guaranteed them. And tbh if you really care about some random strange getting a purple item during questing that will be replaced at max level anyway then that is your problem.
    Not that the item being 'purple' means as much as it did in Vanilla/TBC. It is the item level or the stats on it that matter more than the color of the item.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much what I expect you to say after creating this thread with the biased title. How's that "research" going?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I just liked the community, difficulty in leveling (danger around every corner) knowing I'm not some ultra powerful druid who can kill 8 mobs at once, no flying mounts back then, how important it was to sell EVERYTHING on the AH if you wanted your mount by 40, and also the PvP I liked more (sue me).

WoW kinda just feels like one big lobby match making simulator to me. I enjoy it for a month, then I go off to play the next game, only to come back whenever I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    We've already been over this, it's not a MMORPG anymore, it doesn't matter how much you want it to be.
    So just because you are sad at how a game has ended up you suddenly get to decide it's genre? Sorry doesn't work like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft

World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...rcraft+genre&*

Oh look at that says "MMORPG". Who would have guessed it?

Seriously some people in this thread need to grow up. Yeah you hate modern WoW or are displeased with it we get it but going around saying it's not an MMORPG. Just get over yourselves. I fucking hate D3 does that mean it's not an ARPG anymore? Either provide an argument of substance or just stop.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-18 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    We've already been over this, it's not a MMORPG anymore, it doesn't matter how much you want it to be.
    Quit wasting our time with this drivel. You are wrong and will continue to be wrong for as long as WoW exists.

Guys I really hate how FF11 ended up. Does that mean it's not an MMORPG any more?

Guys I really hate how FF11 ended up. Does that mean it's not an MMORPG any more?
    Well according to Vidget who is the Great Arbitrator of what is and isn't a MMO. Yup it is now considered a 1st person shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Pretty much what I expect you to say after creating this thread with the biased title. How's that "research" going?
    For the millionth time I never played classic world of warcraft, I wanted to know from people who did what in their opinion made it better.

I got the information I needed like 150 pages ago, I even said that the thread could be closed but nobody listened.

For the millionth time I never played classic world of warcraft, I wanted to know from people who did what in their opinion made it better.

I got the information I needed like 150 pages ago, I even said that the thread could be closed but nobody listened.
    But you have no problem coming back in and making BS comments that WoW is 'barely' still a MMO.

I think it's very wrong to say that World of Warcraft is not an MMO. Things evolve one way or another, and World of Warcraft is still in the MMO category, or MMORPG category if you want to type it out fully.

However, It's not an MMORPG type I agree with, I do prefer how MMORPG's were defined in the past, and not what it has become.