Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Full effects wont be seen till 2026. They only START in 2020. Which I'm sure is just an arbitrary year they picked at random....
    Wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Full effects wont be seen till 2026. They only START in 2020. Which I'm sure is just an arbitrary year they picked at random....
    CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 14 million more people would be uninsured under the legislation than under current law.

who needs full effects. in less then 2 years they will hit 14 million

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 14 million more people would be uninsured under the legislation than under current law.

who needs full effects. in less then 2 years they will hit 14 million
    But a lot of the first 14 million are people dropping their insurance of their of volition. The stuff starting in 2020 is poor and elderly people being kicked off Medicaid.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

But a lot of the first 14 million are people dropping their insurance of their of volition. The stuff starting in 2020 is poor and elderly people being kicked off Medicaid.
    Losing massive amounts of subsidies are not really considered your own volition

do you have a more data on these voluntary drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    The only difference now is that they have a card that says 'free insurance as the cost of the average working american'.
    You realize a huge amount of people on Obamacare/ACA was........The Average Working American. Many jobs will work you 1 hour under the required amount to receive Healthcare.

Healthcare shouldn't be a entitlement, it should be a right give to all citizens of the US.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-16 at 12:26 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Trump urges his supporters to unite behind Trumpcare so he can rip insurance away from 24M people.

Don't The Deplorables want to line up behind and be killed by Trumpcare?

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Trump urges his supporters to unite behind Trumpcare so he can rip insurance away from 24M people.

Don't The Deplorables want to line up behind and be killed by Trumpcare?
    Nah, they know they can just go to an emergency room and receive care on our dollar.

I'm just going to post this again, because it's so perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It's because people love to tell lies and act as though it's the truth.

Nowhere is the plan presented final.
    Great example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Like yesterday's hysterialites' reaction about the so called tax return, amirite?
    None of which was fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Trump should distance himself from this disasters. Let rinos take the fall if they want to do it so bad.
    What the...

Who do you think is pushing this? I'll give you a hint: the biggest RINO of all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    If I remember right Trump promised everyone would have insurance, and the government would pay for it.

Republicans never let the whole "If you like your Doctor" gaff go, no one should let Trump off on this one either.
    He should've added it to Mexico's tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Doesn't he and his Deplorables want to REPEAL AND REPLACE Obamacare with his great Trumpcare plan to throw 24M people off of insurance and kill the poor and sick?
    Mlost of the people currently paying $250/mo into the system only to be slapped with the full price of a procedure anyway because of their absurd deductible would be better off without insurance. The reason so many would be uninsured is because if it weren't for the mandate they would drop their "insurance" in a hot second.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Great country you have there where you let your people literally rot to death from treatable diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Mlost of the people currently paying $250/mo into the system only to be slapped with the full price of a procedure anyway because of their absurd deductible would be better off without insurance. The reason so many would be uninsured is because if it weren't for the mandate they would drop their "insurance" in a hot second.
    Wait so instead of paying the 700 dollar fine they buy 8 thousand dollars worth of insurance?

250*12 = Three thousand. Also, I think the fine is more like $1200. But, yeah. Policies don't get much cheaper than that, I'm afraid. I'm also amused by the faux outrage over the proposed 30% premium penalty for lapsed coverage... because with the cheapest coverage it's still less than the lump sum ACA penalty.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    As long as it doesn't actually get passed into law, it's continuing to be a great popcorn moment for all of us that knew this would happen if we elected Drumpf. If it does get passed . . . well, we're fucked.
    Who is this "Drumpf" person you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Still prefer "Wealthcare".
    Surprisingly appropriate.

Stealing that...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Please show how the "poor and sick" were being killed prior to Obamacare? You are insane if you think health insurance is in a better place now then prior or you are one of those that never had it. The poor and sick could always walk into an emergency care facility and get treatment prior to Obamacare.
    That was a major problem with the old system, because it actually led to significantly higher costs for everyone. That's not to say that the ACA is better, I cannot stand the thing. However, the old model was downright shitty, the ACA just forced people to buy into it. There are only two logical conclusions. Either end up with single payer, or fully deregulate the entire industry, and I mean almost all regulations. Those are the only two ways that will lead to lower costs. The Dems are pushing for single payer, and the Republicans are pushing for neither.

- - - Updated - - -

Trumpcare is likely DOA in its current state. The GOP has had several years to come up with a viable plan, and they just failed miserably. The conservatives in their party are swearing they will not support it, and the moderates are even signaling that they will wait it out.

Unfortunately, a new plan has to be made. This administration sped up the death of the ACA by killing the individual mandate, so Obamacare is going to collapse in a few years. If the GOP does not have a viable alternative, then they are the ones who will be held responsible by the voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find it odd that the GOP is willing to let people choose to not get insurance, get sick, and die BY THEIR OWN CHOICES, yet when doctor assisted suicide comes up OMG ALL LIFE IS SACRED! Y U NO WANT LIFE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Trump admits his health care plan would benefit rich investors, screw over people who voted for him.

CARLSON: This bill has as one of its centerpieces a tax-cut for investors that would primarily benefit people making over $250,000 a year. They’ve already done pretty well in the past ten years, as you know.

TRUMP: Yeah.

CARLSON: A Bloomberg analysis showed that counties that voted for you — middle-class and working-class counties — would do far less well under this bill —

TRUMP: Yeah. Oh, I know.

CARLSON: — than the counties that voted for Hillary, the more affluent counties.

TRUMP: I know. It’s very preliminary.

CARLSON: It seems like maybe this isn’t consistent with the last election.

TRUMP: No. A lot of things aren’t consistent. But this is going to be negotiated.

Source: https://thinkprogress.org/trump-heal...22f#.8f1jq0egt

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump admits his health care plan would benefit rich investors, screw over people who voted for him.

CARLSON: This bill has as one of its centerpieces a tax-cut for investors that would primarily benefit people making over $250,000 a year. They’ve already done pretty well in the past ten years, as you know.

TRUMP: Yeah.

CARLSON: A Bloomberg analysis showed that counties that voted for you — middle-class and working-class counties — would do far less well under this bill —

TRUMP: Yeah. Oh, I know.

CARLSON: — than the counties that voted for Hillary, the more affluent counties.

TRUMP: I know. It’s very preliminary.

CARLSON: It seems like maybe this isn’t consistent with the last election.

TRUMP: No. A lot of things aren’t consistent. But this is going to be negotiated.

Source: https://thinkprogress.org/trump-heal...22f#.8f1jq0egt
    The bill as it stands now sucks. I am not confident they will come up with a good one. But Obamacare sucks more. So....as I have said before, the real answer is to mandate cost controls for health care. Both in treatment and prevention. But not likely to happen here.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Still prefer "Wealthcare".
    Very nice. Gonna take that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The bill as it stands now sucks. I am not confident they will come up with a good one. But Obamacare sucks more. So....as I have said before, the real answer is to mandate cost controls for health care. Both in treatment and prevention. But not likely to happen here.
    Dropping 24 million people from coverage is better than the current system? Really?

You apologist appeasers just can't stop sucking the proverbial tit.