Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And then you have the two examples of Druids and Demon Hunters.
    If you get that same amount for each spec, then Druids benefit hugely in getting twice the benefit compared to Demon Hunters.

There is no good and fair model for every class as long as the number of specs vary.

But I think most players investing heavily into all their specs don't actually need to, they just convince themselves they need to.
    So IMO it should be left as per-spec.

Artifact Knowledge is being raised upto 40, so as far as catchup goes, that isn't a quick one to gain but it will have a significant impact once you do.
    Well that's a bit of bull. If each spec is getting the same amount of AP to use when you redeem an AP token then Druids are not getting any bigger benefit then Demon Hunters at all. In fact with the current system Demon Hunters are the class that benefits most from AP gains than any other class considering they only have two specs to dump AP into and they can effectively power up as a defined dual spec character whilst Druids, Monks and Paladins have a harder time powering up as a three role class. If anything a model that shares AP among specs is infinitely more fair than the current system but doesn't fit with Blizzards "it needs to be a bad grind doe" approach.

As for players investing heavily into their specs, well you have people who have the desire to get their weapon done instead of having a half empty bar on their screen and then you have the people who realise that in 7.2 a bunch of new traits are coming and getting your weapon capped before then gives you a definite boost into investing in the new abilities not to mention capping your weapon now gives your spec a definite boost. I don't see how that makes you it should be left per spec. -_-

People are predicting it'll be another 3-4 months before artifact knowledge 40 can be reached and that's if the time to completion for each work order isn't changed before 7.2's release. Add on the fact that the new traits cost scale crazy high and you should be able to see that the AP system is becoming more cancerous.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2017-03-16 at 10:53 AM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Why the fuck the DH cares if the druid gets AP in his Resto spec? Where is the fucking logic?
    DH can't heal or ranged DPS. Druid is the one class that can literally do anything. If your raid has 14 demon hunters and a druid logs in, DH is getting benched for something oodles better in every single fucking way outside of melee deeps cuz kitty paws is garbage.

I vote no to shared AP and I vote yes to only 1 artifact per class, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    DH can't heal or ranged DPS. Druid is the one class that can literally do anything. If your raid has 14 demon hunters and a druid logs in, DH is getting benched for something oodles better in every single fucking way outside of melee deeps cuz kitty paws is garbage.

I vote no to shared AP and I vote yes to only 1 artifact per class, period.
    So If a druid player wants to do everything and puts all the effort to get all artifacts to 54 (which is ez as every edge lord seems to claim) there will be even less reason to NOT bench DH who is locked into a single role even if he gets his two artifacts to 54?

You gain nothing good by AP locking people into specs. Casuals guilds value people over raid efficiency and won't bench anyone for such a silly reason. Hardcore raiders have all relevant specs at 54 traits and they have all the classes they need in the roster.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So If a druid player wants to do everything and puts all the effort to get all artifacts to 54 (which is ez as every edge lord seems to claim) there will be even less reason to NOT bench DH who is locked into a single role even if he gets his two artifacts to 54?

You gain nothing good by AP locking people into specs. Casuals guilds value people over raid efficiency and won't bench anyone for such a silly reason. Hardcore raiders have all relevant specs at 54 traits and they have all the classes they need in the roster.
    Exactly, so nothing should change from previous expansions. That offspec that is never used should stay that way.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, so nothing should change from previous expansions. That offspec that is never used should stay that way.
    In previous expansions you could play any spec on a whim.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

From the last answers I can really agree only with that :

If you get that same amount for each spec, then Druids benefit hugely in getting twice the benefit compared to Demon Hunters.
    By that logic, you're saying Druid is just better because it has extra specs and DH is worse because it has less.

I could also make the argument that I have 2x the amount of AP to grind compared to a DH if I want all of my specs maxed. If AP wasn't spec-locked, I would get the same benefit, just on more specs because my class has more specs. There is no "benefitting hugely", it's just "not being fucked over as much as live".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Such a horrible fucking excuse, this retarded white knighting is why they make such fucking terrible decisions.

How exactly do they benefit double you mongoloid?

Havoc will do 600k DPS, Feral will do 600K DPS, Balance will do 600k DPS.

Its about OUTPUT IN THE CONTENT THAT MATTERS, AKA RAIDING or M+ or PvP, ITS NOT ABOUT WHETHER SOMEONE CAN PLAY MORE SPECS.

There is no double benefit in DRUID GETTING 4 SPECS AT THE SAME TIME OVER A 2 SPEC AT THE SAME TIME, THEY BOTH DO THE SAME THING IN THE END.

QUITE THE OPPOSITE, DRUID HAS 4 SPECS TO FARM GEAR FOR THAN ONLY TWO.

I am not even if you people posting this crap ever finished highschool.

To the OP.

Yes they should have changed that long ago, they simply wont cause apart from the retards above white knighting it, its time consuming, which means longer subs for those interested etc etc.
    Dude,

I haven't got much left, (and I seriously doubt Mexico has enough) but take the last of my tequila,

You need it to go with all that salt,

Welcome to an MMORPG mate....

If you want easy shit like this, then play WoD....

It's an easy af facebook game..so..yay?

Not necessarily, previous expansions have required different stats for some (not all) different specs on a class. Obliviously, tanks to healers, healers to dps etc was different. But some dps specs had the same issue.

If anything, legion has made it easier, a piece of item you can use, always has the priority stat you need depending on the spec. True, your held back a bit based on ilvl of your artifact and its progress, but getting all 34 traits can be done in a night - Yes, tested and proven, did it on my sp last week in about 4-5 hours after hitting 110.

So your top geared tank for 25 man Heroic progression could switch to heals without any problem at all, no need for tier, weapons, trinkets? Shit, what game have I been playing?

yes i agree, should be account wide, then we can all go to dalaran being AFK
    WOD 2.0

7+ Year Old Account

There is no good and fair model for every class as long as the number of specs vary.

But I think most players investing heavily into all their specs don't actually need to, they just convince themselves they need to.
    So IMO it should be left as per-spec.

Artifact Knowledge is being raised upto 40, so as far as catchup goes, that isn't a quick one to gain but it will have a significant impact once you do.
    im pretty sure its 50 not 40, as there is a new item on the ptr the one that catches up alts and it works up to 45, meaning you would need to be able to hit 50
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It'll be mega easy to get all specs up to 51 traits at AK50 much much much easier then 54 traits.

1 day of world quests that would net you 700k now, would get you to 1.5 billion, enough to get to 51.

Story after that it goes up very very fast, but concordance of legionfall is nowhere as powerful as a straight up multiple % increase was with 54 traits.

1 emmisary gives a 100k token now, that will translate to 220 million at AK50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    im pretty sure its 50 not 40, as there is a new item on the ptr the one that catches up alts and it works up to 45, meaning you would need to be able to hit 50
    It's AK50, over 55million% increase: 100 ap base will be 55 million

Perspective on total AP costs to get to trait from 0.
    35 - 6.8 million
    40 - 70.8 million
    45 - 330.8 million
    50 - 1.3 billion
    55 - 4.93 billion
    60 - 18.4 billion
    65 - 63.4 billion
    70 - 254 billion
    75 - 943.4 billion
    80 - 3.5 trillion
    85 - 13 trillion
    90 - 48 trillion
    95 - 179 trillion
    100 - 665 trillion
    101 - 865 trillion

1.000.000 = million
    1.000.000.000 = billion
    1.000.000.000.000 = trillion

865.000.000.000.000 = "maxed" 7.2 weapon = 3.9 million Emmisary tokens , or 3.1 million Glory of the melee tokens, infinite system alright.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-16 at 02:43 PM.

We should be able to freely change specs without stupid AP grind. Period. Get rid of AP, we don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Dude,

I haven't got much left, (and I seriously doubt Mexico has enough) but take the last of my tequila,

You need it to go with all that salt,
    Because i capitalize 2 sentences does not mean there is any salt, its because i consider the guy i quote of low intelligence, therefor i capitalize to make sure he can read them wide and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    We should be able to freely change specs without stupid AP grind. Period. Get rid of AP, we don't want it.
    I want it...

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I want it...
    Go fuck yourself then?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-18 at 02:19 AM.

Agreed - it should be per weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    What AP grind ? AK ensures there is no grind .... even my alt's first weapon is at 34 after under 24 hours played over a few weeks.

AK is what stops the grind ... if you stop trying to bypass that, you will do just fine.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol no you couldent
    you had stats to deal with
    you had spells to buy
    and you could only play 2 specs at a time so one for single target one for aoe and to change them you had to go back to town and reset everything
    stop bullshitting

- - - Updated - - -

So your top geared tank for 25 man Heroic progression could switch to heals without any problem at all, no need for tier, weapons, trinkets? Shit, what game have I been playing?
    ^^^ dat dere
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content