Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think Facebook depends on people reporting this kind of content.
    Exactly, did you actually report the video OP?

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Of course.

YT seems to have this kind of problem too.

Video and Account should be deleted. Still, I have no idea why he felt the need to make a video of him doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    I would have thought that cruelty to animals would be against their TOS, yet videos like this are still up after a year? What gives?

Have you ever been in a situation where you saw something horrible on FB, reported it, but nothing was done about it?
    That's messed up, but I admit the meme "Scorpio Wins Fatality" made me chuckle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Not fast enough. It was still twitching in agony after the first few seconds. And I think that was a rat, not a mouse, and they're hardier creatures. So yeah... not cool.

I think most people would still find it outrageous, the kind of animal it is doesn't matter. Torture is still torture. That person is still a monster.
    I agree torture is torture, but denying that people wont be more upset depending on what animal it is, is kind of silly. People dont have much emotional attachments towards rodents as they are pests often enough and are extremely common. But when it comes to bigger animals, cats, dogs, horses, etc. People don't care as much.
    That doesn't make the act less cruel, but it doesn't affect a lot of people in the end. If this thread was about a kitten getting torched, I think it would also be much more of an active thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    I agree torture is torture, but denying that people wont be more upset depending on what animal it is, is kind of silly. People dont have much emotional attachments towards rodents as they are pests often enough and are extremely common. But when it comes to bigger animals, cats, dogs, horses, etc. People don't care as much.
    That doesn't make the act less cruel, but it doesn't affect a lot of people in the end. If this thread was about a kitten getting torched, I think it would also be much more of an active thread.
    I'm not denying that.

I'm saying it's not mutually exclusive to be outraged by one act of cruelty, and to be more upset with another. Most people who are empathetic/find cruelty distasteful will still be upset by it regardless if the victim is a rodent or a puppy.

Deleted
    For some reason, violence if allowed on Facebook. Just don't show part of a nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I created a fake account just to report it. Not surprisingly, they disabled the account (probably from the report) yet the video is still up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    ...the kind of animal it is doesn't matter. Torture is still torture. That person is still a monster.
    I mean the kind of animal does sort of matter. You're on a whole new level of sick fuck if you're doing that to a cat or a dog.

But yeah, burning any animal alive is a bit unnecessary. If you want to kill a pesky rat I have no problems with that. Just do it quickly and try not to get any enjoyment out of it.

That said, this is a video on the internet. Let the internet be the internet. All this guy is doing is showing people why they should avoid him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nobody takes animal cruelty seriously enough for me.

these are indicators of something seriously wrong with the person. if the world was right, we'd take these types of people, child or adult, and experiment on them until we figure out what is wrong.
    "Experiment" on them? That sounds like you're suggesting that we take a dude who burned a rat and subject him to horrific scientific tests against his will. Incredibly hypocritical if that's what you mean.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2017-03-16 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    "Experiment" on them? That sounds like you're suggesting that we take a dude who burned a rat and subject him to horrific scientific tests against his will. Incredibly hypocritical if that's what you mean.
    i firmly believe human experimentation could lead to curing this kind of mental instability, and that breaking a few bad eggs along the way is worth it.

i firmly believe human experimentation could lead to curing this kind of mental instability, and that breaking a few bad eggs along the way is worth it.
    So you would subject this individual to involuntary experimentation solely based on the fact that he burned a rat alive?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Can we do this with other disorders as well? Would save us a lot if trouble creating new laws and agencies, not to mention court costs.
    the way i always envisioned it, is having two branches. one pool of subjects would come from criminals in jails and obvious cases like the guy in op. they would be taken and used against their will. the other pool of subjects would be willing participants that basically sign over their self to be used.

this system could be applied to all sorts of disorders and mental disorders. the criminals would be a good place to find the cure for sociopathy and psychopathy and such.

- - - Updated - - -

So you would subject this individual to involuntary experimentation solely based on the fact that he burned a rat alive?
    yes. children and people that specifically torture or kill animals for no other reason than to do it, would be rounded up.

yes. children and people that specifically torture or kill animals for no other reason than to do it, would be rounded up.
    That's fucked dude... The death of a rat does not justify human experimentation. I mean the guy went overboard for sure, but it's a fucking rat.

I'm guilty of burning ants with a magnifying glass, throwing rocks at squirrels, and shooting rodents with a paintball gun. All shit I did as a kid. Should I be forcefully subjected to human experimentation? That kind of shit, as cruel as it is, is not at all uncommon for boys and if it's limited to wild rodents I think we can let it go. Definitely weird if you're still doing that shit as an adult, but still just a rat.

That's fucked dude... The death of a rat does not justify human experimentation. I mean the guy went overboard for sure, but it's a fucking rat.

I'm guilty of burning ants with a magnifying glass, throwing rocks at squirrels, and shooting rodents with a paintball gun. All shit I did as a kid. Should I be forcefully subjected to human experimentation? That kind of shit, as cruel as it is, is not at all uncommon for boys and if it's limited to wild rodents I think we can let it go. Definitely weird if you're still doing that shit as an adult, but still just a rat.
    it is a potential sign of their mental stability.

the children would have an initial examination to look over their brain and map things out basically. then as they grow they would have examinations to see what changes occur, where things go wrong and such. if it could be proven they will be a normal, functioning adult, they would be released with a monitor collar.

the adults are clearly beyond hope. so we could pick their brains apart until we find something of interest, watch it perform under scans, all sorts of studies could be performed before they die.

it is a potential sign of their mental stability.
    So are a lot of things that almost everyone does at some point. Not enough to justify forced experimentation.

if it could be proven they will be a normal, functioning adult, they would be released with a monitor collar.
    A monitoring collar? Oh, that's real good. Really great. Good idea.

the adults are clearly beyond hope. so we could pick their brains apart until we find something of interest, watch it perform under scans, all sorts of studies could be performed before they die.
    Seriously? Are you actually serious? You've got to be joking.

Again, we're talking about a dude who burned a rat alive. That, to you, justifies his death because... science?

This is hypocritical as fuck and if that's really what you believe should be done then you are far more disturbed than he is.

So are a lot of things that almost everyone does at some point. Not enough to justify forced experimentation.

A monitoring collar? Oh, that's real good. Really great. Good idea.

Seriously? Are you actually serious? You've got to be joking.

Again, we're talking about a dude who burned a rat alive. That, to you, justifies his death because... science?

This is hypocritical as fuck and if that's really what you believe should be done then you are far more disturbed than he is.
    death would not be the goal. death would be the likely outcome though. i don't actually believe in the death penalty.

but these ones could serve the greater good.

I mean the kind of animal does sort of matter. You're on a whole new level of sick fuck if you're doing that to a cat or a dog.
    A sick fuck is a sick fuck regardless. Why should it matter what animal it is, at least, fundamentally?

Ask yourself why is this person a sick fuck. Is it because of the species of animal involved, or is it because he deliberately causing excessive suffering?

Rats are still complex mammals, all mammals can suffer and feel pain. If we agree that causing suffering like this is wrong, then logically speaking, I don't think it matters what animal it is. Quite frankly, anyone who can do this to an animal capable of suffering is already a sick enough of a fuck to make levels of sick fuckery moot. If I bring emotional attachment to this, sure, I'd be more pissed off if he did this to my dog. But the guy's already crossed the line.

death would not be the goal. death would be the likely outcome though. i don't actually believe in the death penalty.

but these ones could serve the greater good.
    You're fucked in the head. This is the danger in believing that an animal's life is as valuable as a human's. People begin think this kind of shit is an acceptable loss because science.

But you don't believe in the death penalty... that's fucking hilarious. Well done! I applaud your comedic style.

You're fucked in the head. This is the danger in believing that an animal's life is as valuable as a human's. People begin think this kind of shit is an acceptable loss because science.

But you don't believe in the death penalty... that's fucking hilarious. Well done! I applaud your comedic style.
    i don't believe in the death penalty due to my views on the afterlife(agnostic, potential for unknown afterlife to exist, people shouldn't be sent there willy nilly.)

BUT if someone serves truly no other purpose in this life but to cause suffering, then they should at least be put to use instead of just killed.

it's not really that i even seen animals as valuable as humans, i would save a person's life over the life of a dog or something. but wrong people should be made right. if we can study enough and learn how to fix these people, they wouldn't need to be experimented on any longer after that point and we could just capture them and forcibly treat their disorder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Which shows it isn't morally about animal rights but certain peoples selfish feelings which shouldn't be encouraged because it results in extremism.

If they were to remove videos like that because it's cruel then they would also need to ban animal rights pages to maintain a balance.