Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Oh man, things were going so well and you had to throw "Trumpsters" in the lot.

Damn son. My head hurt and I'm having a brain aneurysm reading that.

I thought my profile picture represented well how I feel about Trump, but it seems I am wrong!

And following your argument, why allow people to vote at all? What's the point of a democracy, if, after all, "it's just some people who voted"?

But hey, I guess speaking in good terms about Trump is considered a pariah in some high spheres now. I mean, you're right, people who voted for him are all redneck idiots. Redneck idiots makes half the country! Perhaps the US should lose the ability to speak on an international level. Why not give that out to us, in Canada? We'd be more than willing to take the reins.
    The "You Trumpsters" comment wasn't directed at you specifically, but more a general you, as I see the "democratically elected" defense thrown around way too frequently. Sort of similar to the "He deserves your respect because he is president" line of thought, which is equally empty of any merit.

The point democracy is that it is still Democracy and significantly better than pretty much every other option available (other then Benevolent Dictatorship). This however won't change the fact that a Democracy is still effectively "majority rules" in action, and that there is nothing preventing the majority from electing a fuckwit.

As to speaking in good terms about Trump, sorry, but since there is literally nothing good that you can actually say about the man, then yes, that kind of earns you a few sideways glances when you try it. And no, all the people who voted for Trump are not rednecks. Some of them are just straight up morons who thought voting for Trump would be a good way to "stick it to the system", and voted because they actively wanted to hurt the status quo. Some of them bought the MAGA propaganda hook line and sinker and honestly believed Trump cared about them.

As to the "Basket of Deplorables", it was always the demographic that votes republican no matter how often the republicans manage to fuck them over anyway, and was not expanded to include other groups of Trump voters. They still get their own categories. The people who thought both sides stank and decided to vote for Trump anyway was pretty explicitly addressed in the full Basket of Deplorables comment as people the Dems could potentially win over if they made the effort to reach them (but I am guessing that you have never actually read the entire comment).

And sorry, but when you don't like what you have been eating, and your new options are: More of the same, or a really attractively arranged Shit Sandwich, if you are stupid enough to go for the Shit Sandwich just because it is not more of the same, then you are a fucking idiot, and deserve the foul taste in your mouth and inevitable stomach cramps, nausea, diarrhea and everything else that comes with it.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-03-18 at 03:06 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone that believes trump is only out for the best of US interests is deluded.
    The man will start a war, and I am not talking mini war people forget, he has alienated so many, that if the US did go to war right now, not many would be on the US side.
    I hate that, alot of my friends live in the USA, I do not want to go against people i care about.
    Unless he is impeached ASAP, this will just get worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What does that even mean?
    It means that if geopolitics were fencing, Trump & Co would be a blind drunk with a sledgehammer.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The "You Trumpsters" comment wasn't directed at you specifically, but more a general you, as I see the "democratically elected" defense thrown around way too frequently. Sort of similar to the "He deserves your respect because he is president" line of thought, which is equally empty of any merit.

The point democracy is that it is still Democracy and significantly better than pretty much every other option available (other then Benevolent Dictatorship). This however won't change the fact that a Democracy is still effectively "majority rules" in action, and that there is nothing preventing the majority from electing a fuckwit.

As to speaking in good terms about Trump, sorry, but since there is literally nothing good that you can actually say about the man, then yes, that kind of earns you a few sideways glances when you try it. And no, all the people who voted for Trump are not rednecks. Some of them are just straight up morons who thought voting for Trump would be a good way to "stick it to the system", and voted because they actively wanted to hurt the status quo. Some of them bought the MAGA propaganda hook line and sinker and honestly believed Trump cared about them.

As to the "Basket of Deplorables", it was always the demographic that votes republican no matter how often the republicans manage to fuck them over anyway, and was not expanded to include other groups of Trump voters. They still get their own categories. The people who thought both sides stank and decided to vote for Trump anyway was pretty explicitly addressed in the full Basket of Deplorables comment as people the Dems could potentially win over if they made the effort to reach them (but I am guessing that you have never actually read the entire comment).

And sorry, but when you don't like what you have been eating, and your new options are: More of the same, or a really attractively arranged Shit Sandwich, if you are stupid enough to go for the Shit Sandwich just because it is not more of the same, then you are a fucking idiot, and deserve the foul taste in your mouth and inevitable stomach cramps, nausea, diarrhea and everything else that comes with it.
    I actually saw the quote, mind you. The 50/50 figure used by Clinton was pretty clear - yet that didn't stop her followers to put everyone in the same basket. Which is more my issue, personally.

On your point that there's nothing positive about Trump, that's simply not true. I'll admit that I'm sitting here, trying to find compelling arguments and I'm having a hard time - truth be told, Trump wasn't my first choice. If anything, his biggest asset is how he comes in and literally trash everything. If his presidency allows - even just a little - to challenge and defeat some of the "locked-in" organizations and members of the permanent government, it's already a good thing.

He's also continually challenging age-old conventions. He's, to say the least, unconventional. Mind you, it's not always a good thing, but he's forcing the wheels of change. If you think ahead a little bit, you can see how this could allow for tremendous positive changes when his presidency will be over.

Trump's also a business man and, perhaps his only genuine positive personal trait, he can make deals very well. I think that it's a good band-aid in an era that is soon to hit the automation ceiling. However, a band-aid's not enough, so it's only great as a temporary measure.

And I'm not saying all of these points to try to paint Trump in a good light. Well, compared to Hillary, I think they were both shit sandwiches, but specifically about Trump, I disagree with so many things about his policies that I don't even know where to start. The stupid anti-immigration EO, the new budget which is a typical republican budget, his nomination for Devos (I mean seriously what's that, it's incredibly stupid) and how he managed his relationship with the press (although it felt somehow sweet at the same time, since frankly the medias are against him, rightfully or not).

But playing's Devil Advocates on this forum has forced me to rethink a lot about my own perception and open my mind to differing ideologies. What ultimately made me unable to support Hillary was how she seemed to despise anyone who wasn't in her privileged bubble - and how far she was ready to go into the shadowland (read: collusion) to achieve her goal unscathed. Today, I can say that I chose to support Trump since the US political system is binairy, but had I had the possibility, I would be supporting Bernie.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    And the best way for the west to deal with China on this level was blown up by the recent President and his constant advocating that things like a Brexit are good and more should follow, which plays directly into China's benefit
    The election of Trump was the best thing that could have ever happened to China. Now all of their propaganda about how America is a hostile and irresponsible world power that only wants to exploit the rest of the world seems much more credible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump is literally the only person on Earth who can get away with behaving this way. Any of us would have been tarred and feathered out of society a long long time ago, not to mention bankrupt and thrown in jail forever and a day in the process. I guess it goes to show you when you have money in the US you're essentially a god with nobody to hold you accountable in any way shape or form.

This man could start nuclear war with fucking twitter and the system would still be licking his nuts. As DJT would eloquently say: pathetic.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2017-03-18 at 09:14 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Probably for the same reason you respond to every Trump thread.
    But I really do don't. I post quite rarely on Trump threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Anyone that believes a US president is only out for the best of US interests is deluded.
    Fixed for enlightenment
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    He does know that the US and China aren't direct allies, and hence China isn't under any obligation to protect the US or their interests? And that, he himself has even noted the US has itself done bad deeds (the defense of Putin), which really should go into perspective, because the US has not exactly protected China or its interests either (have actually done several things against it).

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    China has joined in the sanctions and has been putting heavy pressure on North Korea because they feel they have lost control. His tweet shows that he has no grasp of current international affairs not to mention irritating China who we should be trying to work with along with the international community.

Trump is a baby playing with dynamite.
    i mean that is pretty much little, it took this long for china to realize that country needs to be delt with?

Deleted
    Dont see anything wrong with this. China is opressing tibet, wants pretty much every country on their borders to become china.. And well, theyll explode or implode some time in our lifetime.

Might aswell get rid of north korea before that happens, that place is in the crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Dont see anything wrong with this. China is opressing tibet, wants pretty much every country on their borders to become china.. And well, theyll explode or implode some time in our lifetime.

Might aswell get rid of north korea before that happens, that place is in the crapper.
    What's going to happen to all the North Koreans when their state collapses? Europe is running out of places to stick refugees...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    What's going to happen to all the North Koreans when their state collapses? Europe is running out of places to stick refugees...
    They become koreans and thrive under a less idiotic system of government

They become koreans and thrive under a less idiotic system of government
    That would imply that there are any South Koreans willing to spend money to provide for their well-being. If I were you, I'd get out ahead of this one and start making room for them early, there are going to be lots and lots coming.

I hate Trump in every way imaginable, but if he takes action against North Korea, SERIOUS action, he would have my newfound respect.

Fucking America chooses to bomb religous fanatical sand people while ignoring the nation that yells as loud as possible, "WHEN WE CAN NUKE YOU, WE WILL. ALSO HERE IS A VIDEO OF THE WHITEHOUSE BLOWING UP!"

Deal with North Korea NOW. Civilians will die, but a future must be secured for that nation, for the good of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    That would imply that there are any South Koreans willing to spend money to provide for their well-being. If I were you, I'd get out ahead of this one and start making room for them early, there are going to be lots and lots coming.
    I dont know why or when we became the world's refugee relief centre, but im not a fan. I am however a proponent of well funded housing of refugees in neighbouring countries, that way you facilitate prosperity after the conflict.

Being threatened with immigrants like i.e. Erdogan is doing is completely mind boggling to me.

Anyway, after seeingtrumps refusal to shake merkels hand im confident that america will stay disciplined in its international relations.. Lol. God save us all

I dont know why or when we became the world's refugee relief centre, but im not a fan. I am however a proponent of well funded housing of refugees in neighbouring countries, that way you facilitate prosperity after the conflict.

Being threatened with immigrants like i.e. Erdogan is doing is completely mind boggling to me.

Anyway, after seeingtrumps refusal to shake merkels hand im confident that america will stay disciplined in its international relations.. Lol. God save us all
    Take it as a compliment, Western Europe is the preferred destination for refugees because it's seen as safe, stable, and prosperous, where people will be treated well and given a chance to build a decent life. You can imagine that the average North Korean would be terrified to try and go to the USA, given that they've spent their entire lives taking in propaganda about how awful it is. China and Japan are pretty much closed off to them, not that many Koreans would even want to go in the first place given the generally shitty treatment minorities get in those places. Even South Korea is unlikely to welcome too many migrants, probably encouraging most of them to stay home and then spending as little money as possible on rebuilding the Northern economy and effectively quarantining the area and keeping it mostly the same as it was under the Kims.

It's a fucked up situation, but really the threat of another huge wave of migration is the only thing keeping the North Korean state alive at this point. You have nearly 25 million people who would practically impossible to integrate into any kind of modern civil society, and who would require a massive influx of funds just to bring their living standards up to anything approaching decency by the standards of other Asian countries, nevermind the West. Militarily we have nothing to fear from them, not even from Chinese retaliation because there won't be any. Plenty of people will die of course, but that's a price that we always knew we had to pay at some point, so it really doesn't make much of a difference whether it happens now or later. Everybody is looking past the war and toward the rebuilding process, and nobody wants to deal with those refugees.

10+ Year Old Account

Erdogan's threat is just that, a threat. They know what happens to Turkey when the EU breaks down on them and when they got no position to negotiate from.

They are still licking their wounds from the economic punishment from Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    He's also continually challenging age-old conventions. He's, to say the least, unconventional. Mind you, it's not always a good thing, but he's forcing the wheels of change. If you think ahead a little bit, you can see how this could allow for tremendous positive changes when his presidency will be over.
    Oh yes, there WILL be tremendous positive change after his presidency is over. I just think that the vast majority of Americans would prefer that the change not generally stem from the fact that they literally have to "rise like the phoenix" because Trump burned the country to the ground. There are plenty of ways to achieve change that don't involve dredging up quite literally the rogues gallery of every failed republican fuckhead out there and installing them in the Whitehouse so they can do maximum damage before finally getting the boot. I mean, yeah, a rousing recovery after a terrible fall always sounds great, unless you happen to be the one living through the fall.

Trump's also a business man and, perhaps his only genuine positive personal trait, he can make deals very well. I think that it's a good band-aid in an era that is soon to hit the automation ceiling.
    Calling Trump a good business man is like calling that guy with the hacksaw and tourniquet a great doctor because he managed to cut your leg off without killing you (oh, but he might have given you tetanus and he probably didn't actually need to remove the leg).

Trump is a hack. He is literally the embodiment of a stereotypical used car salesman who managed to fail his way upwards into the veneer of success. The guy was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, handed a giantass wad of money by his father, and managed to fail that away so many times that every major bank in America eventually refused to give him credit. He actually managed to fuck up running casinos. In Atlantic city. That's about on the same level as failing to effectively market porn to horny teenagers. If you follow his business history, it becomes pretty easily identifiable that pretty much the only thing he has ever been good at is grafting onto other peoples money to do shit, slapping his name on it, and then leaving someone else holding the bill. I mean, look at his current pet project. He has a handful of golf courses with his name slapped on them, and pretty much every one is in the process of tanking.

The idea of "Trump the Business Man" running the United States of America should be absolutely horrifying to literally anyone who has spent more then 30 seconds looking at his business history, or even taken a casual glimpse at the way he "runs" any of his businesses.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-03-19 at 12:50 AM.

Is this China or Djina we're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What does that even mean?
    What Does He Mean When He Says Words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.