Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't know why the OP is surprised. The finish line was moved as soon as Blizzard introduced gear of a higher iL way back in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I hate it. I was so relieved when I was finally done.
    Now I have to start the damn grind again.

I don't get why Blizzard is trying to make this disaster of an expantion even worse.
    Back to grinding Maw over and over I guess.
    Do you not keep up with anything?

First. If you hit 54 traits prior to 7.2 or even NH, why the hell would you think you were done? That would be completely shit on blizzards part and they'd have a drove of people complaining it was already finished and they had nothing to work towards for the rest of expac

Second. You can do maw runs if you want, but they are changing AP in 7.2 shorter instances like Maw reward smaller amounts of AP due to how long you can complete it, larger instances like HoV will reward more. They said in a blue post, they didn't want people running multiple maws over and over for hours to fast track up to full traits

You know what? I think that's ridiculous, AP should stay as it is in terms of mythics, but its because of people like you, blizzard have to go out of their way and come up with a fix

Deleted
    Getting your artifacts to 54 was a grind. What game are you playing?

- - - Updated - - -

You're right. Playing the game might actually require more time than I have these days.
    It's sad as it never used to be this time consuming.
    You're wrong.

You're right. Playing the game might actually require more time than I have these days.
    Legit lol'd at this

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Do you not keep up with anything?

First. If you hit 54 traits prior to 7.2 or even NH, why the hell would you think you were done? That would be completely shit on blizzards part and they'd have a drove of people complaining it was already finished and they had nothing to work towards for the rest of expac

Second. You can do maw runs if you want, but they are changing AP in 7.2 shorter instances like Maw reward smaller amounts of AP due to how long you can complete it, larger instances like HoV will reward more. They said in a blue post, they didn't want people running multiple maws over and over for hours to fast track up to full traits

You know what? I think that's ridiculous, AP should stay as it is in terms of mythics, but its because of people like you, blizzard have to go out of their way and come up with a fix
    The shorter ones will still be better, just not as good.
    If that'll change befor they release 7.2 we'll have another dungeon that'll be the best one to grind over and over.

Whats your point here? It's a grind however you look at it. This time it'll take 10 times longer though. It'll drive people away from the game for sure.

Spending hours spamming dungeons ever day just to be able to raid is not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    You're wrong.
    I am not. Not at all.

Deleted
    I dont see how thius is a bad idea... they dont Reset it. they refund it. I think it is great. the new points are much better then a stupid 8 ranks of 0.5 more damge. AND if you dig that? Well you can just take it when they REFUND it

The shorter ones will still be better, just not as good.
    If that'll change befor they release 7.2 we'll have another dungeon that'll be the best one to grind over and over.

Whats your point here? It's a grind however you look at it. This time it'll take 10 times longer though. It'll drive people away from the game for sure.

Spending hours spamming dungeons ever day just to be able to raid is not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not. Not at all.
    I don't think it will, they've already said, as I stated, they aren't happy with people grinding over and over to max out AP, sure blizzard can overlook the obvious, but they aren't going to not realize people will just run Vault or Eye (which would be my guess for ap to time ratio).

And you do not need a fully maxed out artifact to do current content, nor will you at any point in this expansion. As people have said multiple times, in hundreds of posts, the only ones who need AP asap are the guilds going for world firsts, and debatable, but server firsts too

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I quit as soon as I realized Blizzard was moving the finish line. Anyone else?
    I finished my weapon 2 months ago so I am excited that I can finally progress my character again outside of raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah welcome to MMO champ where the pool is rich off the unknowing and unwilling to do some actual research.
    When the patch comes anyone who has placed AP into their weapon beyond the standard traits has those points refunded.
    Also with that everyone, keyword everyone has their weapon buffed to as if they had all 54 points in the weapon.
    The only benefit to having 54 in your weapon now is you will have AP to spend right off the bat.
    The new "golden" trait is a primary stat proc. No where near as important as the increased damage done.
    AK is getting increased as well so that's another catch up mechanic to your so called "AP grind"
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... Yeah no that's not true sorry.

It was a grind for top mythic raiders, not for the common pleb. If you're 3/10M, and you chose to hard farm them, it's your own fault. And isn't the games fault.

Everyone who didn't hard farm, and just played average amount of times like 8hrs a week, would have had it 2-3 weeks ago, which is fine for people in 3/10M guilds, higher sure you'd have needed it sooner, so what? Add an extra 2hrs a week for 2-3 weeks where you just farm ap. Then gg you'd have had it 1-2months ago. Again, without putting in an insane amount of time, just playing casually.

I don't mind it. I'll put AK orders, do daily cache and farm Legionfall quests. With every boss dropping AP tokens it's going to be even easier than before.

Deleted
    I am not. Not at all.
    Sadly you are, but I can understand that you wouldn't know this if you didn't play during Vanilla or TBC.

Deleted
    The only potential problem I could see is if they tune content for maxed out weapons like they did in NH Mythic. But as long as that isn't the case it's not a big deal.

Getting your artifacts to 54 was a grind.
    Factually incorrect... please be rational.

There was no requirement ever to repeatedly kill the same thing over and over again hundreds and thousands of times to get AP.

All you had to do was play the game naturally, with a variety of things and AP just fell into your lap at increasing rates.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-03-19 at 11:32 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It was a grind for top mythic raiders, not for the common pleb. If you're 3/10M, and you chose to hard farm them, it's your own fault. And isn't the games fault.

Everyone who didn't hard farm, and just played average amount of times like 8hrs a week, would have had it 2-3 weeks ago, which is fine for people in 3/10M guilds, higher sure you'd have needed it sooner, so what? Add an extra 2hrs a week for 2-3 weeks where you just farm ap. Then gg you'd have had it 1-2months ago. Again, without putting in an insane amount of time, just playing casually.
    But I really don't care about "plebs". If all you care about is the free loot from the first 3 bosses then why are you debating this at all? You could kill them without gear.

It took way more than 2 hours ever night and it's unintresting and pointless content that most raiders have no intrest in. It's a stupid system however you look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Factually incorrect... please be rational.

There was no requirement ever to repeatedly kill the same thing over and over again hundreds and thousands of times to get AP.

All you had to do was play the game naturally, with a variety of things and AP just fell into your lap at increasing rates.
    If all you do is LFR, you're right. You didn't have to.
    If you do the harder content or if you're at all a competative player you had to spam Maw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Sadly you are, but I can understand that you wouldn't know this if you didn't play during Vanilla or TBC.
    I did play during vanilla and TBC.

Deleted
    But I really don't care about "plebs". If all you care about is the free loot from the first 3 bosses then why are you debating this at all? You could kill them without gear.

It took way more than 2 hours ever night and it's unintresting and pointless content that most raiders have no intrest in. It's a stupid system however you look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do the harder content or if you're at all a competative player you had to spam Maw.

- - - Updated - - -

I did play during vanilla and TBC.
    No you didn't HAVE to spam maw. You chose to spam maw. I'm 52 on my weapons and never once spammed maw or done anything I didn't like in game and I also skipped ALL of the ToV patch.
    That should give you an idea of how ridiculous this idea that 54 traits is a must have grind is. It's your choice.

But you're obviously not applying reason. Saying the game requires more time now than vanilla and TBC is obviously an emotional claim.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    No you didn't HAVE to spam maw. You chose to spam maw. I'm 52 on my weapons and never once spammed maw or done anything I didn't like in game and I also skipped ALL of the ToV patch.
    That should give you an idea of how ridiculous this idea that 54 traits is a must have grind is. It's your choice.

But you're obviously not applying reason. Saying the game requires more time now than vanilla and TBC is obviously an emotional claim.
    You're 2 ranks away from the max when the tier is almost over? Yeah, I'm sure it didn't matter to you.

LFR, Heroic, Normal or anything but top 50 mythic guilds.

If you CHOSE to grind, that 100% was your choice. The AK system made it so you didn't NEED to grind.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-03-19 at 11:50 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Dudes like you keeps me impressed ... in a strange kinda way.
    1. I bet you dont actually have an active account
    2. if you had an active account, why would you quit over something like this ?

Its an RPG/MMO in the past decade WoW had been like this, a grind, like every other MMO. Thats the point, put in some work and you will get rewarded. if thats grinding and you dont like it well. quit, but dont whine about it, and feel insulted by Blizzard.

Btw... have a nice day