Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Yup. DBM and healbots as well as decursive all came out when Onyxia/MC was the only raid content available.
    Indeed, and at least on my server you wouldn't get in to a raiding guild unless you used these addons as well as oRA2 and OMEN when that was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    I wouldn't play it. It was novel back then and I had more time. Now it would just seem way to slow and grindy for my tastes. No thank you. I enjoy WoW as it exists today but will always look back at Vanilla as the most enjoyable game I ever played because it MMO were so new to me it was like discovering videogames all over again.
    Yeah, I don't have the time to play vanilla again. Some of my best memories of WoW are hours long UBRS or 5 man runs that just devolved into stupidity or hilarity, or spending hours farming for rare shit with my guildies (a personal favorite was farming for Elemental Attuned Blade in Silithus and coming across a Chinese gold farmer that we harassed for a little while).
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    I would enjoy that the world (i.e. the old world) would require me to use more than 1, instant cast ability on CD to kill mobs that stupidly die in 1 or 2 hits, for 90 levels.

Leveling an alt is a burden because you get given all these abilities that you never even use - even inside of instances where the mobs only have about 3x as much hp and die just as fast if not faster with your group attacking them.

WoW has had some excellent improvements but a lot of things have gone wrong too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    Figure out which guild survives from vanilla so as someone who has problems with the whole getting used to people aspect of life didn't have to do it again and again due to guild implosions. Or just not play so I don't waste time, money and effort on a character who I ended up switching from the moment TBC came around. That and find a place that sold wow game time cards at the time, as Game in the area closed down for a while back then. It's back nowadays but I've a secure direct debit subscription now so no real point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    Did you quote me by mistake? Dunno how my desire to have found a guild that didn't disband from then to now suggested anything about the mechanics of raids. Or the desire to have not bothered playing my forsaken warrior who I ditched to play a belf paladin when TBC came around, or knowledge of where I could've secured easier access to time cards. Just asking cause well it seems an odd reply to my three points to talk about vanilla mechanics.
    I have no idea how or why you got quoted there. Was not meant as a reply to you at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Indeed, and at least on my server you wouldn't get in to a raiding guild unless you used these addons as well as oRA2 and OMEN when that was released.
    I never used oRA2 (don't know what it was) and as a healer OMEN was pretty useless to me. But the others were pretty much mandatory for other classes. I remember how people thought rogues sucked becase they couldn't crit big and then damage meters came out and people realized that "huh, good rogues are pretty much top damage dealers in game".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    We had heroic strike long before 40. But I guess memory is short since that ability was pruned for WoD. RIP Heroic Strike.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey now, it had Azuregos (or what was the blue dragon world boss called?). But yeah. It was completely unfinished. I still think desolace was worse though
    Heroic Strike, ugh. Three white hits to make one autoattack at 5 - 10% increased damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Heroic Strike, ugh. Three white hits to make one autoattack at 5 - 10% increased damage.
    https://youtu.be/TF4_4g1B2Ug?t=3s

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No an awful zone was Azshara. It literally launched unfinished.
    Oh yeah biggest disappointment in vanilla tbh. The zone looked gorgeous and full, but had only like what, 5 quests?