Poll: What is the best pizza type?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Horde Italian style pizza or American pizza?

I saw the other thread and was thinking about what kind of pizza people prefer if they like the thin crisp delicious Italian style pizza or if they prefer the thick American pan pizza like the ones served at pizza Hut etc.

Please feel free to post a comment below on why you love/hate either alternative

Real pizza all the way. Pan pizza just has too much dough to its name. I eat pizza for the toppings, not to fill up on dough.
    However, here in Sweden we have pizza that's even THINNER than the Italian original. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Real pizza all the way. Pan pizza just has too much dough to its name. I eat pizza for the toppings, not to fill up on dough.
    I agree I didn't post what I prefer but I'm with you all the way on that one. Ive tried pan pizza in loads of places and it's just felt like eating a load of bread with tomato sauce on top

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    However, here in Sweden we have pizza that's even THINNER than the Italian original. :3
    You have Banana Curry pizza so you are automatically disqualified.

There is more than one type of pizza?

I dont care, just shove it down my gullet. All. Of. It.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thin and Crispy with bacon, pepperoni, pork sausage, jalapenos, and ground beef is the way I like pizza.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I'm used to thicker pizzas with a ton of toppings. That being said, the pizzas I've had in Italy were disappointing.

It's funny, while I was eating their pizzas, I was like "this is not a real pizza", and then I realized I'm in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I dont care, just shove it down my gullet. All. Of. It.
    I can't add anything more profound than this. This, all the way.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    You have Banana Curry pizza so you are automatically disqualified.
    Tried that once, almost hurled.

Although I imagine most countries have their own weird variations of pizza tailored to local tastes. An Italian pizza-restaurant guy I used to know said it was a challenge for him to learn that Swedes want their crust thin-as-fuck. He burnt many pizzas when he started.

I love both, but my favorites tend to be the Neapolitan style. I haven't been to Italy, but state-side, my favorite is probably Two Amy's in Washington DC. Here's an example:

7+ Year Old Account
    I tend to prefer thinner pizzas. Not saying I don't like thicker pizzas, sometimes i'm in the mood for them. But if it's a thick pizza it has to have a LOT of cheese and toppings to compensate. I don't like it when it's mostly dough.

Deleted
    All the pizzas ive had in Italy were dissapointing, i like a thin base, buti dont like how thin and crispy they all were in Italy.

american style. i like the thicker crust, and i tend to not care for crispy stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Both.

I love pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I don't know what to answer on the poll though, i dont like deep ban / thick base pizzas, and i dont like the ultra thin and crispy ones, i like them in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like all pizza

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    All the pizzas ive had in Italy were dissapointing, i like a thin base, buti dont like how thin and crispy they all were in Italy.
    The you didn't go to real pizza placed. All the pizzas I had in Italy were freaking fantastic.

Especially Naples. Motherfucking prosciutto and aragula pizzas. Yum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love me some thick, doughey pizza. Add some mushrooms, pineapple, ham, maybe some extra cheese then brush some garlic on the crust then gimme.
    * do you want to have a bad time?