Poll: What is the best pizza type?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I love every kind of pizza. While i prefer the italian version over the american one.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Having grown up around italians and actually italian pizzeria's in walking distance, i have to say the thin one, don't even get what those deep dish pizzas are suppose to be.

But it has to be from an actual pizzeria since Pizzahut pizza's and other fastfood joints are just bad compared to those.

1000% agree, the mom n pops pizza places are the best. Pizzahut, dominos, papa johns etc is to commercialized and don't taste anywhere near as good.

Pizza wise i like all crust types, except for the really hard crust. I also always get it with extra sauces.

All depends on what toppings.

Whether is thin and crispy, thick as pie, piled high with toppings, or just cheese and sauce, the only thing worth remembering about pizza is this quote "Never pay full price for late pizza." -Michaelangelo, 1990 TMNT Movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Italian style, either BBQ-chicken or mozzarella.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    I saw the other thread and was thinking about what kind of pizza people prefer if they like the thin crisp delicious Italian style pizza or if they prefer the thick American pan pizza like the ones served at pizza Hut etc.

Please feel free to post a comment below on why you love/hate either alternative
    Being as I live in the best Pizza area in the country, Im willing to throw down over the accusation that American Pizza is not real pizza. Pizza would not be what it is today if not for the tomatoes brought from America.

A traditional pizza from Italy is a Margarita Pizza.

"The innovation that led to flat bread pizza was the use of tomato as a topping. For some time after the tomato was brought to Europe from the Americas in the 16th century, it was believed by many Europeans to be poisonous (as some other fruits of the nightshade family are). However, by the late 18th century, it was common for the poor of the area around Naples to add tomato to their yeast-based flat bread, and so the pizza began"
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    With pizza, like most food, I do not discriminate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    You can have your "real pizza". Might as well put the toppings on a sheet of cardboard and bake it at 800°. And you lost me at "Pizza Hut" as a reference point. Chain pizza is mostly shitty anyway. LMFAO!
    Agreed.

Chain Pizza stores are in no way a worthy a point of reference.

That is like saying "An American burger like thise from McDonalds" its just not a fair reference at all.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    NJ/NY makes the best Pizza, really no question about that
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

This is a thinly veiled American bashing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This is a thinly veiled American bashing thread.
    When did American's become so thin skinned that asking whether you enjoy European style pizza versus pizza commonly found in America is seen as bashing?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    I saw the other thread and was thinking about what kind of pizza people prefer if they like the thin crisp delicious Italian style pizza or if they prefer the thick American pan pizza like the ones served at pizza Hut etc.

Please feel free to post a comment below on why you love/hate either alternative
    Pan pizza isn't "American pizza". Nobody eats pan pizza here. It's by far and away the least common kind. Most prefer New York style, which is the opposite of pan style. Just sayin...

Also, don't get me started on what they are doing up there in Chicago. It's best we just let them do what they do, and not bother them, given their propensity to shoot first and ask questions never.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Pan pizza isn't "American pizza". Nobody eats pan pizza here. It's by far and away the least common kind. Most prefer New York style, which is the opposite of pan style. Just sayin...

Also, don't get me started on what they are doing up there in Chicago. It's best we just let them do what they do, and not bother them, given their propensity to shoot first and ask questions never.
    I know a lot of people who enjoy pan/deep dish pizza. I get it every now and again to mix things up.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I know a lot of people who enjoy pan/deep dish pizza. I get it every now and again to mix things up.
    Sure. But, you would think when you call it "American pizza" that this was our preferred type and nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not even sure how pizza is not a wholly American dish, to be honest. Italians didn't even have tomatoes before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Sure. But, you would think when you call it "American pizza" that this was our preferred type and nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not even sure how pizza is not a wholly American dish, to be honest. Italians didn't even have tomatoes before us.
    True, I'm also concerned that "American Pizza" means Pizza Hut/Dominos/Papa Johns to non-Americans.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thick pizza is hit or miss. It's usually doughy and disgusting. But thin crust is the best pizza

Not just americans that make the thick crust pizza, just to have that out there. But myself I always go for the thick crust option, the thin pizza's feel like you're basically only eating topping, you can barely feel/taste the crust, which to me is a significant part of the yumminess :P

That said, there's also significant differences between thin pizzas and thin pizzas. Live in Sweden now and their "thin pizzas" are basically just wafer-thin excuses to have something to hold the toppings, whereas Norwegian pizzas (I'm Norwegian by birth..) tend to be a bit thicker but still less bready than pan pizzas.

Best pizza I ever had was from my high school's bakery. They'd make these super-thick square pizzas, a single slice was like two inches thick.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Best pizza I ever had was from my high school's bakery. They'd make these super-thick square pizzas, a single slice was like two inches thick.

That stuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    American has the best crust <3