Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    I would love to see the source of this statistic.
    Pretty sure at some point towards the end of Wrath, although I may be wrong on the timing, Blizzard announced that 100 million people had played the game at that point. Considering the highest sub numbers at any given time were what 12.5 million, saying 90 million had played and quit isn't too far off.

Flying. Can finally retire that flight whistle since flying across zones was so fast on the PTR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Also it seens rather stupid to let NH last any less than 6 months, wed end with the last tier of this xpac lasting 10-12 months all over again if they do that. They are suposed to have learned their lesson and can space the raids out properly.
    Are you forgetting about 7.3? I can't imagine Blizzard will only add a Tanaan or TI style-zone for our first glimpse at Argus. I'd bet on a full raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    /pat, you can always just not do the meta, stay grounded and keep oohing and aahing over that rock you've seen 300 times by now at your own leisure.
    This isn't about me, it is about the design of the expansion.... please be rational.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Are you forgetting about 7.3? I can't imagine Blizzard will only add a Tanaan or TI style-zone for our first glimpse at Argus. I'd bet on a full raid tier.
    Im not but xpacs usualy last a bit over 2 year (3 tiers ones, WoD was smaler but WoD was 2 tiers). If you make the math for 24 months (which is already considering Blizz will be faster than usual, it generaly is around 26-27 months) we had EN for 4 months, then if we get NH for 5 and Tomb for 5 this leaves us with 10 months of last tier, they could go 6 months for NH, 6 months for Tomb and thatd leave us with an 8 months last tier, which is still long but a lot better than 10 months.

They did something similary stupid on Pandaria, Throne of Hhunder, one of the longest and best raids ever released, lasted only a bit over 4 months, which led to Siege of Orgrimmar lasting for well over 1 year. Itdve been way smarter to let ToT go for some 3 extra months and cut that off the tail end of Siege.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-19 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    The did something similary stupid on Pandaria, Throne of thunder, one of the longest and best raids ever released lasted only a bit over 4 months, which led to Siege of Orgrimmar lasting for well over 1 year, itdve been way smrater to let ToT go for some 3 extra months and cut that off the tail end of Siege.
    At the time of ToT, the plan was to push out expansions faster. When they realised they couldn't, SoO was already launched. I'm hoping they know their schedule much better now and can plan around it, but I doubt it. We'll go for a long-term final raid, again, because reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying, obviously.
    It shouldn't have been a major feature of a mid-expansion patch.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Flying finally.

I'll bet its April 4th due to new D3 season starts on mar31. If blizzard don't really care about D3 playerbase anymore, then yeh, 7.2 can launch on 28, otherwise its 4/11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurfel View Post
    5.2, 5.4 and 6.2 were all on the background downloader for about 4 weeks, so that isn't necessarily a safe assumption.
    i agree. im thinking mid april.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfel View Post
    5.2, 5.4 and 6.2 were all on the background downloader for about 4 weeks, so that isn't necessarily a safe assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i agree. im thinking mid april.
    All of those patches ran under a completely different content stream. Blizzard's new content delivery system is far more consistent now.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    TI was rubbish, spent the absolute bare minimum time there. There was nothing I liked about it.

OTOH, loved Tanaan. That's how you do an endgame zone. Another good example would be IoT.

Flying will be nice. I have exactly 1 max level toon, my arcmage. I've done Pathfinder 1 on him, and will do Pathfinder 2 at maximum possible speed.

I absolutely, 100% refuse to level another toon past 100 until I have flying unlocked. Blizz gets 1 groundpounder from me. One.
    taanaan was sooo boring. the zone lacked a soul. the weekly story quests should have been long chains and the apexis quests were lame

Hoping that the artifact challenges for the new skins are actually challenging.

Would like some skins to remain rare for at least a little while before gear makes them trivial
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    7.2 will release on either March 28 or April 4 because:

1) It's already downloading on battle.net which usually means 2-3 weeks away
    2) Season 3 of PVP will come out "soon" with the patch because of the new armor and also this tweet

So what are you excited about in 7.2?

I'm definitely excited for the Broken Shore as I loved the Timeless Isle and Tanaan Jungle and I'm excited for the new dungeon.

I'm not really looking forward to more artifact power though.
    They'll do it in March 28 because Destiny: Triumph of Ages or whatever is releasing around that. Destiny 2 releases in September of October so they'll have something big (patch 7.3, excluding the actual raid) to release on that day. Blizzard targets other game's release dates and sometimes they miss triple-A games that they think are not a big hit, like Horizon (low replay tho). Oh, Mass Effect releases next week, so they want to target that as well! That went under my radar ... but well, after seeing the facial animations and graphics and texture ... kinda forgot about that game, and I canceled my pre-order.

Flying for the crybabies and lazy people so 1 less thing to see on forums. (I personally am fine without it. FPs + Whistle derp)

Tab targetting for me. The updated system will be nice.

ToS + balance patch in 7.2.5 or whatever it will be sometime after 7.2

New invasion quests + new WQs./Faction
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

LOL look at all these people with a hard-on for vanilla. You sound as bad as senile old grandfathers prefacing every sentence with "in my day..."

You are the cancer of the community.

If it's the 28th I'll be missing it with a second thought, dark souls 3 dlc is out then . Hoping 7.2 is out like late April

^^ From this it looks like April 4 might be a pipe dream.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, MMO Champion never fail, whining that first huge content update in 7 months is too soon...

So far my predictions about Legion patches are coming true, I think it will go something like that:

7.2 - April (28th March, most likely date is close to April enough)
    7.2.5. - June (it's very likely 6th June for 7.2.5. and 20th for Tomb release due to ESO and FF14 expansions)

I don't think anything will be up on PTR during the summer. Tomb will be fresh raid, so people will be busy. Beside, we will get AK 50 around August.

7.3 panel on Gamescom and first PTR build right after it - August
    7.3 launch - late October, 7 months after 7.2
    Black Empi.. I mean 8.0 reveal - Blizzcon
    7.3.5 and raid - January
    8.0 alpha - February

to avoid content drought, I count for "medium" size 7.4 with story quest leading to 8.0, new 5 man or at least 1 boss raid + some quality of life changes (like raining legendaries from the sky, it's end of expansion anyway) - let's say around May
    8.0 beta - July
    8.0 prepatch - late September
    8.0 launch - November

So 4 months for EN, 5 months for NH, 6 months for Tomb, 10 months for Argus raid. + some small content halfway into Argus. I think it will be ideal, 14 months are very bad, but still we need small break to go fresh into 8.0 content.