Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's a VERY SIMPLE FORMULA for your question, OP.

If money goes into my pocket = Less stressed.

If money is taken from whatever I would have gotten into my pocket = More stressed.

I got a raise, but lots of rates went up too. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about the healthcare bullshit going on... Yet.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    That is a relatively low priority issue. First we need to address our national border and illegal migrant issues then we could focus on climate change after that.
    See, you're not stressed because you're the kind of misinformed or "low-information" voter who harbored delusions that Drumpf should be elected in the first place, latching on to fake or zero-priority "issues" while ignoring or denying reality.

(Hi, Endus ... I see my infraction incoming, and I welcome it.)

Weak border control, 10 million illegals.

Okay. I think we should give highly skilled non-whites(and whites) an express lane into the US. However if they come with demands and ultimatums then I don't want them. For example if we have to weaken our borders just to attract a handful of talented people from the Mid-East then it's not worth it. We don't need them to prosper.
    Ah, so you bought into "the wall will fix it" rhetoric. Well, as they say, you cannot reason someone out of something he or she was not reasoned into.

Thankfully you're in California where your troubled mindset is the minority.

Before this election, I've always observed stress with my local public. When many are living to make ends meet, I can't blame them for feeling stressful.

In terms of politics, we may undergo some embarrassing 4-8 years. But that's not something we can't rectify. We recovered rather well from Bush's presidency.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes, let's feed his narcissism more with subtitles like these.

- - - Updated - - -

Let us hear your logic, oh wise one.
    On which issue? Americans reporting stressful feelings doesn't matter that much as a metric.

Isn't it the case in most nations though that stress levels and depression is on the rise? At least in developed countries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Weak border control, 10 million illegals.
    Okay, without googling it right now, tell me why the 10 million illegals are a problem and what impact they have on the economy?

I mean you clearly already know the answer if you think 10 millions illegals is a priority issue at this moment.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Democrats had the presidency for 8 years, now it's the Republican's turn.

There were a few MMO-C members that were really stressed about Trump but mostly the left wingers. Trump didn't help matters with his tweeting either.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    Don't act like all older people are wise. For a staggering amount of people, wisdom does not come with age. There are idiots in every generation.
    Of course. And every generation of idiots knew better than to trust the media, save one. It truly is a unique thing, all jokes aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Democrats had the presidency for 8 years, now it's the Republican's turn.

There were a few MMO-C members that were really stressed about Trump but mostly the left wingers. Trump didn't help matters with his tweeting either.
    Yes we know the political pendulum swings back and forth.

Trump on the other hand is a completely different entity and has shaken up our political system while absolutely trashing any standards we held up our past presidents to. It would be one thing if he was actually "draining the swamp" for the good of the people but anyone who can rub two brain cells together can see from his cabinet picks and his policies so far that he's a corporate shill and nothing else.

When you have a president who has not only lowered the bar for our future presidents but has a whole population of the US actually cheering character traits that should be abhorred (and this doesn't include his policies), then everyone should be worried.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-03-19 at 09:36 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

On which issue? Americans reporting stressful feelings doesn't matter that much as a metric.
    You tell me, you were the one who offered to soothe our fears with the power of logic!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Thankfully you're in California where your troubled mindset is the minority.
    Yeah 4.4 mil for Trump vs 8.7 mil for Hillary. I don't feel troubled though. I accept that other citizens have different political preferences, that it's normal and not something to get outraged about.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-03-19 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Nope. But only because I'm in the same mindset George Carlin was in in his later years. I do not care about the future of the US or the human species in general. I will deal with situations in my own life the best I can as they come up, and donate everything I have to an animal shelter when I die, and that'll be it.
    Pretty much this, apart from the animal shelter thing. If the die what I have saved up will go to my family; maybe give it to my niece to get her started on her collage payments in 10 years, or to my mom as a sort of "thanks for everything, but sorry for dying before you." Hmmm, I should probably make a will.

Nothing was going to change for me no matter who won, to the extent that it would leave me homeless or something, so whatever. I don't give a fuck if I gain or lose a couple of thousand when I have to pay my taxes since I'm not a materialistic person, and I have no obligations except to myself. Rest of the country can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Really the only problem would be a war or nukes, or if the company I work for goes under due to a depression.

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    Don't act like all older people are wise. For a staggering amount of people, wisdom does not come with age. There are idiots in every generation.
    They are often the most ignorant people I meet, if I had to guess why I think it's partly because a word I very rarely have used before, cognitive bias.

I'm just upset that Faith Spotted Eagle has to share the title of one of the first two women to receive a presidential electoral vote with Hillary.

Lol...
    Nearly half of 18-37 yo are worried about the impact of social media. I would be willing to bet that number is much much higher in the 15-25 yo demographic range.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only source of stress I have is grad school and pregnancy. I am less stressed about politics now that I am older and don't own a television so i don't watch the news ever second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Might be time for a female president if multitasking is that difficult.
    Why multitask? If a country is being overrun by overpopulaters it has no incentive to invest in the far future.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-03-20 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'm just upset that Faith Spotted Eagle has to share the title of one of the first two women to receive a presidential electoral vote with Hillary.
    You can declare her the first woman to receive a faithless presidential electoral vote if you absolutely need to distinguish her from Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    You can declare her the first woman to receive a faithless presidential electoral vote if you absolutely need to distinguish her from Hillary.
    I'd rather go first Native American but whatever gets you there!