New traits... or old ones first?

So like the titel tels.

What to go for first?
    Atm i have 54 traits, Meaning i should be getting 4 traits worth of AP back in 7.2.
    I'm guessing ill have the option to instantly get the new eye beam traits done with 4/4 and reduce it's cost by 20fury.
    Next i'd go for the new blade dance 20% crit and the 10% chaos cleave dubble hit trait?

OR should i go for a 4th critical chaos and/or unleashed demons trait?

Atm i have both a critical chaos and a unleashed demons trait from relics.
    Sadly also a 4% reduced magic dmg fel relic but it was 915 titanforged so still a upgrade over the +10 fury pool trait i had.

So! Who has any idea what would be the best route to take? old traits or new traits first???

I would spend one point in critical chaos and the other three towards the new gold trait (one of them is that 10% damage, 10% (or was it 15% ?) stamina trait)
    Unleashed demons is usually worthless, it desyncs meta and other damage cds (unless you have CoF and the legendary shoulders)

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont know DH the best but i do know like every spec has 1-2 traits that are REALLY good, so you should do those ones, then go for the new ones, as the new ones are ok? they are not amazing other then the first 1/1 and the second 1/1
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Critical chaos for sure
    Unleashed demon maybe… Lets say if you have shoulder, its good to spend one on this for a sure 2 mins CD meta with Nemesis & CB (and with relics you may even replace CoF with another trinket)

And for the recently changed legendary wrist, spend one on throwing glaive maybe an idea? Havn't come across with any mathmetic calculation for making decision on how to spend the first 4 artifact levels (especially if bloodlet is viable again)

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    So like the titel tels.

What to go for first?
    Atm i have 54 traits, Meaning i should be getting 4 traits worth of AP back in 7.2.
    I'm guessing ill have the option to instantly get the new eye beam traits done with 4/4 and reduce it's cost by 20fury.
    Next i'd go for the new blade dance 20% crit and the 10% chaos cleave dubble hit trait?

Sadly also a 4% reduced magic dmg fel relic but it was 915 titanforged so still a upgrade over the +10 fury pool trait i had.

So! Who has any idea what would be the best route to take? old traits or new traits first???
    I'm not sure I understand what your asking, as you the new traits are in a line and you can't pick and choose the order really. Also you will have all 35 basic traits after completing the quest. So the question seems oddly put to me.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what your asking, as you the new traits are in a line and you can't pick and choose the order really. Also you will have all 35 basic traits after completing the quest. So the question seems oddly put to me.
    I guess you didn't get the memo that all your current 3/3 traits will be 3/4 after completing the quest...

10+ Year Old Account
    Question becomes if it's worth buying Wide Eyes to get to the two traits after it, or if you should get Critical Chaos first.
    Looking at the spreadsheet I'd lean towards yes

Can somebody explain to me what the hell is going on in 7.2 with artifact traits? I only see information written in a manner referring to some Blizzard post which explains it thoroughly, but I can't seem to find it.

Mind explaining in detail what the hell is going to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically there will be a short questline that after completing will unlock a secondary small tree to go progress down as well as unlock an additional rank to put points into for all 3/3 traits.

Here's a calculator http://ptr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc.../havoc/AnBQIDA

The question people are having for every class is worth putting points into this new tree or putting a 4th point into pre-existing traits first.

Looking at that spreadsheet that Kib linked it seems for a quick immediate bonus it would be worth grabbing Illidari ferocity of course and then putting a point into critical chaos. Which may make more sense with AP since we won't get levels past 40 quickly so we wont be able to grab the chaotic onslaught or bladedancers grace, however if you were to hold off on critical chaos and grab both of those first you won't be as powerful immediately but when everyone is around 42 you will be decently ahead.

None of the other traits really seem worth going after until you get new tree stuff including at least one point in concordance i'd assume.
    Last edited by Bloodydemize; 2017-03-20 at 05:50 AM.

To my understanding in order to even start on the new mini tree, you need Chaos Burn, which in turn requires you to have all the old traits unlocked. Then when Chaos Burn is achieved, Illidari Ferocity is unlocked and then you need to progress down the tree in order where you dump all remaining ranks into Concordance of the Legionfall. Am I wrong in this? At least this is the information I gathered using wowhad's talent calculator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolow View Post
    To my understanding in order to even start on the new mini tree, you need Chaos Burn, which in turn requires you to have all the old traits unlocked. Then when Chaos Burn is achieved, Illidari Ferocity is unlocked and then you need to progress down the tree in order where you dump all remaining ranks into Concordance of the Legionfall. Am I wrong in this? At least this is the information I gathered using wowhad's talent calculator.
    When you unlock the 35th trait you can do a quest that unlocks Illidari Ferocity as well as an additional point in each 3/3 trait, meaning they can now go up to 4.

Deleted
    as soon as you have lvl 35 on your weapon you can access the new tree after completing a quest line and therefore be able to put in the 36th trait. if you were able to achive lvl 54 on your weapon before 7.2 you will have enough AP left to put in 4 additional from start.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    So like the titel tels.

What to go for first?

the 1st new trait with ur old trait max is 15% damage and 10% stam, get them and the old throughput ones. aka ones that increase demon bite meta etc first.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Actually the recommendation is to go all the way down the new path till you get the new golden. This is what is posted from Kib to go along with the google doc :
    http://i.imgur.com/TIfln13.jpg