Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    He is *probably* joking and trolling people. That said.

there is a vsauce on the flat earth thing, essentially its hard to tell if ppl are serious or are just extreme parodying, apparently there is no correct answer in all case scenarios as the guy points out, if your a photon of light or a cosmic ray particle from your perspective, because your moving so fast the earth would appear flat as you move past it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    there is a vsauce on the flat earth thing, essentially its hard to tell if ppl are serious or are just extreme parodying, apparently there is no correct answer in all case scenarios as the guy points out, if your a photon of light or a cosmic ray particle from your perspective, because your moving so fast the earth would appear flat as you move past it.
    Unfortunately you can never tell real flat earthers from parodies. It's impossible to parody ignorance and extremism without looking like the genuine article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically if you subscribe to the theory that our reality is actually a 2D space, not 3D(and yes this is a real theory. Don't laugh), then technically the Earth would indeed be flat... but so would everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I know this is really pedantic, but photons don't have a perspective. Which is to say, there's no rest frame for a photon. I feel compelled to mention this, because the idea can lead people into crankery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Well, technically if you subscribe to the theory that our reality is actually a 2D space, not 3D(and yes this is a real theory. Don't laugh), then technically the Earth would indeed be flat... but so would everything.
    'Flat' in that sense has quite a different meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    HAHA, it's not even possible for Earth to be flat, because a disc with a diameter of 40000km would collapse on itself from its own gravity and inevitably end up becoming spherical. Unless it rotates very fast, so fast that everything on its surface would get flung into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Well he is certainly allowed to have such an opinion, it not being true is another matter.

Though I do believe famous people should be cautious about what kind of insane shit they spew due to having a fanbase that they could potentially sway, which is also why I despise Jaden smith and all his insane ramblings.
    Should someone really be entitled to an opinion when there's FACT proving them wrong?
    Opinions should not trump facts. Sadly, we live in a time when being stupid and emotional holds higher value than downright science.

This being a case of trolling is one thing, but there's no denying that a lot of people choose to stay ignorant because they have a need to believe in something different...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-20 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

'Flat' in that sense has quite a different meaning.
    True, haha.

He should take a trip to space. Check that for himself, maybe he is right.
    I suggest a trip to Mars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Should someone really be entitled to an opinion when there's FACT proving them wrong?
    Opinions should not trump facts. Sadly, we live in a time when being stupid and emotional holds higher value than downright science.
    Humans are emotional animals. Of course they hold value, tremendous value even. But there's a bit of defiance that's being expressed. When you declare someone can't think a certain way because of the facts, that person counters with "Sure I can." and it rustles your jimmies that they do it. People can believe whatever the fuck they want. We are actively debating gender in society. We had a US president declare that your sex is subjective.

In the end, it's fun to pretend. Let people pretend.

One of the signs of a lack of intelligence is the lack of a sense of humor. Translation: anyone who thinks he was serious is an idiot.

Flat-earth is also a real theory, that doesn't make it consistent with our reality.

Humans are emotional animals. Of course they hold value, tremendous value even. But there's a bit of defiance that's being expressed. When you declare someone can't think a certain way because of the facts, that person counters with "Sure I can." and it rustles your jimmies that they do it. People can believe whatever the fuck they want. We are actively debating gender in society. We had a US president declare that your sex is subjective.

In the end, it's fun to pretend. Let people pretend.
    As someone that holds facts in higher regard, it's not a development I see as very promising. We should be getting more educated and intellectual as a species, not moving backwards...

Deleted
    You have to be an exceptionally good idiot to think the world is flat.
    Every single piece of science will tell you it cannot be flat. You are in direct defiance of logic, reason and objective facts when you think the world is flat.

Shaquille O'Neal Thinks Earth Is Flat Because....he's a retarded retard

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is entitled to believe on its own stupidities. I am fine with that, as long as they are not producing science.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2017-03-20 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    If I were an athlete and other guys were stirring the media up with that kind of stuff, I'd probably join in too just for giggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would've thought that the guy thinking Kazaam would be a great hit believes the earth is flat...
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

I never understood this whole flat earth thing. I assume it has always just been a joke, but apparently there are some people out there who really take it seriously, or if they are trolling, they aren't making it very funny or entertaining. I mean, what I never quite understood is WHY there would be a conspiracy. After all, if the earth really was flat, why would anybody say otherwise? Hell, if the earth was flat, it's likely that nobody would ever think otherwise, since that'd be the first assumption you'd make given what you observe, and you'd never have any evidence that says it's some other shape.

Then Shaq is too dumb to be allowed on mmo-c, we don't allow conspiracy theories or trolling, sorry Shaq.