Poll: Was Dalaran a good pick for the main city of this expansion?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WTB AH.

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

Get a new computer, then?
    It has nothing to do with your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Dalaran has long loading times? It seems to be very specific for some people and entirely non existant for SSD players
    I've got an SSD and dalaran still takes 5-10 minutes to load, sometimes it straight up just doesn't have a loading bar and I have to force close wow (I've left that open for an entire night before without loading in). It only happens in dal.

So it might be affecting a small population, but for people like me it sucks ass.

I rarely even stay in Dalaran, I'm either in my class hall or out in the world. The city itself looks as nice as ever, but I would've liked to see a whole new hub. Maybe turn Suramar City into the next hub or something. And I like the Dalaran from WotLK better because of the park in the middle that was a good place to hang out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

Get a new computer, then?
    Nothing to do with computer. Got a new one recently and having the same issue as on my old one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    Every expansion should have a brand new capital, and we haven't had one since Wrath. Recycling Dalaran was the laziest thing they could have done and a totally unsatisfactory response to the Karabor/BSF debacle.

One of my only complaints about Legion. I did my time in Dalaran back in 2008/2009/whenever Wrath was.
    Uhhh mop and word both had new capitals... So your point is false... Also having dalaran back is amazing. Its such a beautiful city I'm so happy to have it back
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Loved it in Wrath, still love it now. Its large enough but not spread out just for the hell of it, has a nice look to it, and it is one of the more important city-states in the history of Warcraft. Sure beats the heck out of Stormshield, and the ones in the Vale.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nothing to do with computer. Got a new one recently and having the same issue as on my old one.
    Well don't blame dalaran blame Blizzard. This is about dalaran itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I've got an SSD and dalaran still takes 5-10 minutes to load, sometimes it straight up just doesn't have a loading bar and I have to force close wow (I've left that open for an entire night before without loading in). It only happens in dal.

So it might be affecting a small population, but for people like me it sucks ass.
    BTW the it not loading is mostly caused by people alt tabbing as soon as the loading starts. Avoid that and you should stop getting. "Never load" glitch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    It's murderously boring. It was boring in Wrath, it is boring as hell now. The mind-numbing music doesn't help either.
    I was sick of Dalaran 8 years ago, I wish they created a new hub. Stormshield in Draenor was miles better. Shrines in Pandaria too.

And Blizzard also revived the most terrible dungeon in the entire WoW with it - The Violet Hold. That's another reason to hate Dalaran as the new city hub.
    You have odvouisly never done black morass or the oculus

It's ok I guess. Better than what we had in WoD but it's not amazing.
    It always seems really empty though. In part due to order halls, for sure and also with phasing and cross realm and all that.

A new actual city would be nice though. Seems both lazy and cheap to just reuse Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well don't blame dalaran blame Blizzard. This is about dalaran itself.
    It's an issue specifically affecting Dalaran. So yeah, this is about Dalaran itself and blizzard's design choices.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I agree. Dalaran should have been left alone or rather perhaps a new dalaran could have been made entirely. (or just a new hub)
    The violet hold was not the most terrible dungeon in the entire world of warcraft.... The Occulus is. The only reason the Violet Hold is bad is basically because the spwn timers are so fucked. It should be a hell of a lot quicker once you defeat the first pack. Or rather...new packs could spawn while the old one is not dead yet.
    New packs can spawn well the current ones have. You have to be bad though for that to happen

- - - Updated - - -

It's an issue specifically affecting Dalaran. So yeah, this is about Dalaran itself and blizzard's design choices.
    OK well have fun in the extreme minority because you can't separate city design from loading screens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's ok I guess. Better than what we had in WoD but it's not amazing.
    It always seems really empty though. In part due to order halls, for sure and also with phasing and cross realm and all that.

A new actual city would be nice though. Seems both lazy and cheap to just reuse Dalaran.
    Well its not reused its complelty remade. Yes they copied the old design for most of it. And most likely price by price replaced everything
    But I think people would have a hard time finding. 1 let along let's say.. 5 things. That are just reused from old dalaran

Deleted
    I like it. A lot.
    I loved it in Wrath, and I love the idea of having a whole city as a mobile command center for the fight against the legion.
    I love that it's a single main hub for both factions, because with the legion threat, we can't afford to fight each other as well.

I may be alone on this but I always liked Shattrath.

New packs can spawn well the current ones have. You have to be bad though for that to happen

- - - Updated - - -

OK well have fun in the extreme minority because you can't separate city design from loading screens

- - - Updated - - -

Well its not reused its complelty remade. Yes they copied the old design for most of it. And most likely price by price replaced everything
    But I think people would have a hard time finding. 1 let along let's say.. 5 things. That are just reused from old dalaran
    Does not really matter though. It's the same city. Unless you actually go back and look at the old one, it looks the same except for a few things.
    It's cool that they made such a good job with it but it's still the same old Dalaran that many of us spent years in.

They could have come up with something much more exiting and new.

Absolutely.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    I hate Dalaran it's just as laggy in Legion as it was in Wrath and the loading time is a joke. Being a DK I avoid it as much as possible as I only really need to go there for quests or to run through it to get to a capital city or the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and back to old Dalaran.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Does not really matter though. It's the same city. Unless you actually go back and look at the old one, it looks the same except for a few things.
    It's cool that they made such a good job with it but it's still the same old Dalaran that many of us spent years in.

They could have come up with something much more exiting and new.
    idk i think it looks completely different because i have eyes that work, so i can tell how beautiful it looks compared to the old dalaran

...Really? Cause, I have none of those "Loading Screen" Problems people are complaining about....

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhh mop and word both had new capitals... So your point is false... Also having dalaran back is amazing. Its such a beautiful city I'm so happy to have it back
    No.

MoP and Legion had capitals

WoD had garrisons, and assham..

10+ Year Old Account
    There not much 'design' in the first place, it's a clone of the original with one new building that you hardly ever enter and a few new textures, nick-knacks and NPC's with loading screens that take as long as two to ten minutes, if they load at all.

It's still got the same old boring circular layout which they ported over directly from the wrath Dalaran before they began re-texturing it and now it hasn't even got the sewers going for it since they've been divided between world PvPers and rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

...Really? Cause, I have none of those "Loading Screen" Problems people are complaining about...
    Good for you?

Deleted
    I prefer the old Dalaran since I could cut across the middle without dismounting.

However, Dalaran is a fine city, it's been long enough since we last used it.

It's ok, but with some work Shal'Aran could've been better. Much better.

To the long loading times in Dalaran:
    Goto the World of Warcraft tab within the Battle.net Desktop app -> Options -> Show in Explorer -> World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Open the Config.wtf file with notepad add the line: SET worldPreloadNonCritical “0” Save the document.

Dalaran looks ugly as fuck the first time you visit after starting the game, but it loads much faster.