Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Europe is now what 400 ish million people? Most of those doubtfully have more than 10 euro a month in disposable income, how much of a customer to the UK/world can they be?
    Who feeds you this crap?

What worries me and should worry you, is that no one seems to have learn't anything from history about German attempts to dominate Europe because that is where we are now.
    Domination - something GB has no history with, right?
    You might still be interested in colonies,... just beware, this time around it looks like you will be the colony.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-03-21 at 10:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Europe is now what 400 ish million people? Most of those doubtfully have more than 10 euro a month in disposable income
    How far up your bottom did you have to dig to come up with that?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of you guys really ought to be getting ready for the march in a few days time, it won't go unnoticed if the goosestepping isn't perfect. Don't forget the mantra it's posted here.

http://www.marchforgermany.eu/

Repeat after dinner every day the core values from the above.

MARCH FOR GERMANY!
    For those who believe in a strong, united and democratic Germany, it is time to stand up.

For a Germany of unity against divisions and new walls.
    For a united Germany that delivers on its promises of peace, freedom, security and prosperity.
    For a Germany of solidarity and shared responsibility.
    For a Germany that protects German interests and values in the world.
    For a Germany of democracy that empowers German citizens.
    For a Germany of hope, against a Europe of fear.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    How far up your bottom did you have to dig to come up with that?
    He won't answer but obviously the express or mail.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    EU's population is ~510 millions and nominal GDP per capita is > 30k $ per year. And no, the better half does not consist of millionaires to lift the average capita income to such numbers.

Deleted
    No price is too high for freedom and to not be shackled to either France or Germany.

Deleted
    And the EU being the more protectionist and restrictive market will be bending over to the open.
    Pretty sure that the EU has been blamed for not protecting British steel production from china (never mind that it was the UK that Vetoed the Anti-dumping tarrifs the EU wanted to implement).

, free trade UK because it needs the UK money more than the UK needs EU money
    And this is simply not true.

Deleted
    Germany is not by any mean bullying other members. As for now we italians buy from them raw materials to transform. Then we sell back those products to them. All without paying fees. Without the eu we were much poorer
    Last edited by mmocc813158c2a; 2017-03-21 at 12:35 PM. Reason: broken smartphone screen

Deleted
    Some of you guys really ought to be getting ready for the march in a few days time, it won't go unnoticed if the goosestepping isn't perfect. Don't forget the mantra it's posted here.

http://www.marchforgermany.eu/

Repeat after dinner every day the core values from the above.

MARCH FOR GERMANY!
    For those who believe in a strong, united and democratic Germany, it is time to stand up.

For a Germany of unity against divisions and new walls.
    For a united Germany that delivers on its promises of peace, freedom, security and prosperity.
    For a Germany of solidarity and shared responsibility.
    For a Germany that protects German interests and values in the world.
    For a Germany of democracy that empowers German citizens.
    For a Germany of hope, against a Europe of fear.
    A, Germany does not 'dominate' the EU, and B, My problem with the third Reich (and consequently the fourth Reich), are the Nazis, Not the Germans.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    A, Germany does not 'dominate' the EU, and B, My problem with the third Reich (and consequently the fourth Reich), are the Nazis, Not the Germans.
    Merkel spoke with Shinzo Abe yet at CeBIT Hannover about free trade accord and she visited Trump last week; but it was on behalf of EU also and everybody knew she would be the one to talk to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Merkel spoke with Shinzo Abe yet at CeBIT Hannover about free trade accord and she visited Trump last week; but it was on behalf of EU also and everybody knew she would be the one to talk to.
    Please read Dribles paranoid delusions of a post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Sorry but financial services are not "money". They require a unique constellation of financial, accounting and legal expertise combined with proximity to the trade floor that has gravitated in the City for decades, creating significant economies of scope and scale. You cannot replicate this simply by buying the technology (Frankfurt already has bought much of it); you also need the accountants, actuaries, lawyers, traders, as well as for all the major players to be willing to move over. The City will likely fracture when it loses access to the trade of Euro-denominated instruments but the Euro will also suffer (as it's value as a reserve currency will be diminished due to added costs in lost efficiencies). This will be a net loss for the finance industry worldwide; certainly it creates opportunities but none can be capitalized in the short term and there are other markets outside the Eurozone that are very well positioned to absorb some of the runaway traffic.
    Oh, there will be hits. But all the social qualities you described? They are, literally, one of the reasons why the EU says "No single access without free movement".

And the runaway traffic is actually Europe. That's why the UK is so successful. Not because of the manpower, which is certainly a part of it. But the main reason, by a mile, is because of their unique position. Passporting those financial services makes London the ideal entryway to mainland Europe for third countries. Only a fraction of those stay in the UK. Most of them pass through London straight to the continent. Without passporting, that route is closed. And those markets? They still want access to one of the two biggest markets on the planet (even without the UK). Demand doesn't simply vanish because one of the intermediary traders loses his license. The market will find other ways. And London will lose business.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    A, Germany does not 'dominate' the EU,
    You are being deliberately naive if you really think that. Just one example from moments ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Meanwhile Merkel and Abe talk about free trade between Japan and EU. UK cannot even start such talks until April 2019 and cannot benefit from any accord, should it arise between now and then.
    Who is Merkel to discuss free trade? Shouldn't it be done by the EU? No thats because Merkel/Germany is the EU. The same reason Trump when he wants to discuss the EU speaks to Merkel, not puppet flunkies in Brussels who he refuses to acknowledge. The same way in future when the UK wants to discuss European matters it will call Merkel, not drunken Juncker and his German puppets in Brussels.

The powerbase/paymaster in Europe is Germany and the EU now is Germany. Some people are either too blind or choose not to see it.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Please read Dribles paranoid delusions of a post again.
    I tried...but it's so silly ? Being the biggest economy within EU and having political influence is still no domination.

And Merkel spoke with Abe because Abe is in Hannover at CeBIT. CeBIT is the largest and most internationally represented computer expo, so of course a pretty place to meet and talk. being chancellor of the host county she is the obvious person to talk to, but germany is not within a vacuum here.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-03-21 at 12:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Luckily in the uk we have the increasingly popular Foodbanks to help the working poor stay alive.
    Just because you shop at Lidl, not all of us do. Some of us use Waitrose.

Deleted
    Who is Merkel to discuss free trade? Shouldn't it be done by the EU? No thats because Merkel/Germany is the EU. The same reason Trump when he wants to discuss the EU speaks to Merkel, not puppet flunkies in Brussels who he refuses to acknowledge. The same way in future when the UK wants to discuss European matters it will call Merkel, not drunken Juncker and his German puppets in Brussels.
    in reality shinzo abe is coming also to france and italy to discuss that matter. and also uk... wait, not uk. and the free trade accord is being discussed by eu officials, not any prime minister
    Last edited by mmocc813158c2a; 2017-03-21 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Nice democracy m8
    About a third of British voters voted for Brexit. Almost as many voted to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by sguarada View Post
    in reality shinzo abe is coming also to france and italy to discuss that matter. and also uk... wait, not uk. and the free trade accord is being discussed by eu officials, not any prime minister
    I hope he enjoys the 8-10 year wait it takes to strike trade deals with the EU. Why would he go to the UK if he wants to strike a trade deal with the EU since the UK is leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That's pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I hope he enjoys the 8-10 year wait it takes to strike trade deals with the EU. Why would he go to the UK if he wants to strike a trade deal with the EU since the UK is leaving?
    talks started in 2013 http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/cou...untries/japan/
    sorry i forgot the /s