Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why doesn't Illidan get back at Malfurion now (assuming he hasn't)

Now that Illidan is the big good leading Azeroth against the horrible Legion, isn't it a good time to also get back at Malfurion? I haven't exactly kept entirely up to date but assuming he hasn't, now is better than never. The fucking maniac imprisoned him, tormented him, and condemned him as evil almost all his life, and now that Illidan has everyone on his side, he could just twist a story around all this and turn them all against Malfurion.

But to my knowledge, that ever so satisfying moment to come hasn't happened yet. Why?

They made peace before Illidan went to Outland.

Besides, that would just be dumb writing.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-03-21 at 03:15 PM.

Honestly, I hope we see less of Malfurion now.

The Last thing we need is to have Mal, or Tyrande get Captured by the Legion, only for Illidan to save them, just to get cursed by the 2 of them again....

Malfurion and Illidan made peace in Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, just before Illidan went to Outland; and again, Blizzard made Illidan gooder in this expansion because he is the new green yisus. He is not villain or hero, but he is very selfish (he will do anything for get what he want) and we already saw a lot of of this in the history, not the illidarist propaganda made by Xera "illidan know things, he was always right and good, you are the monster".
    Last edited by Baneador; 2017-03-21 at 03:24 PM.

I don't think Illidan is that idiotic really. Sure he was imprisoned but I bet he knew himself that his magic addiction was dangerous. Tyrande freed him too to which is probably why mostly. He loved her and though his brother won her over, why would he kick the man she loves and hurt her? He's a slippery fellow but he's not really gone out of his way to be a complete asswipe unless they are demons.
    I think Illidan knows that despite their differences Malfurion and Tyrande are the two people that give any real two-shits about him. We don't know for sure but the reality is Malfurion hasn't trusted Illidan for a long time and Illidan hadn't acted on his disgruntledness all the years even making peace if that is still canon prior... In the end I think Malfurion will come to terms with Illidan's choice for the greater good (for now).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    Malfurion and Illidan made peace in Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, just before Illidan went to Outland; and again, Blizzard made Illidan gooder in this expansion because he is the new green yisus. He is not villain or hero, but he is very selfish, and we already saw a lot of of this in the history, not the illidarist propaganda made for Xera "illidan know thing, he was always right and good, you are the monster".
    Thrall is green jesus but Illidan is more purple so purple jesus lol.

"I have known only ages of hatred for you, brother. But for my part I wish it to end" - the last words Illidan spoke to Malfurion.

Like others said, they made peace in Frozen Throne. But, with Blizzard killing off characters in Legion, I can see Malfurion sacrificing himself to save Illidan at some point on Argus since Blizzard clearly has no idea what to do with a character who is as powerful as Malfurion and especially without Metzen who claimed Malfurion is his favorite character and not Thrall.

I never understood why Malfurion tought imprisoning his brother for eternity & making him unable to die was "more merciful" than killing him like other wanted at first. Illidan should hate his guts not make up with him.

Deleted
    He wont, They made up when Ilidan left for Outlands. Also yeah ilidan is super strong. but sweet summer child you are mistaken if you think malfurion is just a push over. But it wont come to that, there is no bad blood between them

What did Malfie do during all this Legion threat exactly? He is powerful enough to battle Queen Azshara herself, and yet he doesn't do much against the legion, maybe nothing at all.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    and yet he doesn't do much against the legion, maybe nothing at all.
    His existence in World of Warcraft in a nutshell since he woke up. He should go back to sleep in some damp cave and be written off entirely at this point.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Thrall is green jesus but Illidan is more purple so purple jesus lol.
    Thrall is green Moses, I don't get where the Jesus comparison is supposed to come from.

Illidan has way bigger things to worry about than petty revenge on Malfurion.

The guy is driven almost single-mindedly in one direction, to beat the Burning Legion. He's very practical. He wouldn't waste time on vengeance unless it served his purposes, as it briefly did with Maiev.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    I never understood why Malfurion tought imprisoning his brother for eternity & making him unable to die was "more merciful" than killing him like other wanted at first. Illidan should hate his guts not make up with him.
    Because they're brothers, they grew older together and for elves that's quite some time compared to the events that were a blink of eye in terms of length compared. Isn't it obvious Malfurion chose to imprison his brother than than kill him as a sign of that bond? Having peace for Illidan is a sign too. People know what forgiveness is and also, understanding of why people do actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    He is not villain or hero, but he is very selfish (he will do anything for get what he want)
    Even though I heavily dislike Xera and all her Illidan-fangirling, even though Illidan did a lot of shitty things, his motives were rather far from selfish. All he did, he did pretty much to stop the Legion. Knowing his people will hate him, because he went about it in a rather questionable way. How is it selfish, to sacrifice yourself, cut yourself off from everyone you ever loved, to basically save the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Thrall is green Moses, I don't get where the Jesus comparison is supposed to come from.
    Because he's a Messianic figure and Jesus automatically trumps Moses when it comes to crude naming conventions.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Because Jesus walked on water like Shamans can, as well as can Ankh/Resurrect which Jesus did.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Honestly, I hope we see less of Malfurion now.

The Last thing we need is to have Mal, or Tyrande get Captured by the Legion, only for Illidan to save them, just to get cursed by the 2 of them again....
    I can see that image in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I can see that image in my head.
    *Illidan saves Mal And Tyrande From Kil'jaeden*

Illidan: I saved you two...

Malfurion: ILLIDAN!?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH VAL'SHARAH!?! HALF OF IT IS DESTROYED! HOW DARE YOU?!

Illidan: THERE WAS A FUCKING LEGION SPACESHIP TRYING TO DESTROY THE ENTIRE FOREST MAL! I TRIED TO STOP IT, I REALLY DID. BUT I DECIDED TO SAVE MY FAMILY! WHAT ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

Tyrande: Elune Would've Wanted You to SAVE the Forests

Illidan: AND WHO CARE ABOUT YOUR MOON GODDESS?!

Tyrande: ...

Malfurion: Illidan.....

Illidan: Here I am, Risking EVERYTHING to save Lifes, Protect you all, And Destroy The Burning Legion. And Yet, you cry out, calling me a fool, while Praying to your gods/goddess cowering away in the night, like cowards? You're BOTH FOOLS! And now, even after all of this, I'm still treated like a dog with blades. I expected more from you "Druid"....

Illidan: Go on. Run away, While Both Me, Khadgar, The Prophet, As well as the Heroes deal with the HEROIC deeds.....

*Illidan Leaves off With the Champions*

Malfurion: ILLIDAN WAI......

Idk man, it just looks good, ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Because they're brothers, they grew older together and for elves that's quite some time compared to the events that were a blink of eye in terms of length compared. Isn't it obvious Malfurion chose to imprison his brother than than kill him as a sign of that bond? Having peace for Illidan is a sign too. People know what forgiveness is and also, understanding of why people do actions.
    Being imprisoned in a 2 by 2 cell with enchancments where you can't even kill yourself for eternety is far worse than death IMO. Illidan wasn't meant to leave that cell and Malfurion knew that and even opposed Tyrande when she wanted to realease him.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-03-21 at 10:28 PM.