Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

What is it like to be a vegetarian/vegan?

Is it hard to shop? I think I could do it, but have no idea where to get protein from. I love tortilla chips & salsa..which I could easily make a daily part of my diet.

I don't think I could go hard like a vegan but vegetarianism seems doable.

It`s like taking it up the ass
    Nobody can tell you how it feels, you have to try it for yourself and see how you like it or not

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    It`s like taking it up the ass
    Nobody can tell you how it feels, you have to try it for yourself and see how you like it or not
    well that just ruined it.

Deleted
    Tried it for a week. After all my friends left me because I constantly told them "I am a vegan. Look at me" I gave up on it.

Bacon and meat is the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Tried it for a week. After all my friends left me because I constantly told them "I am a vegan. Look at me" I gave up on it.

Bacon and meat is the way to go!

Well when you act like a blow hard douche people get tired of it. It is okay with doing some things and not constantly announcing it to everybody.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You have hear the whole "Once you go Black... Thing". Well once you go Bacon..., About all I have to say about it.

the ex went vegan and forced it on me, I did it for like 7? months and because she was also all about organic and gluten free the grocery bills were absurd and I lost about 40lbs in the process, I went from almost 6'3 and 190 to 150lbs. Dumped her, regained 30lbs in the first month.

If you can do it for your own means, but all means do it. Most of the food wasnt that bad but for my activity levels it wasn't anywhere near enough fuel for my body without costing $400+ a week for food
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Well when you act like a blow hard douche people get tired of it. It is okay with doing some things and not constantly announcing it to everybody.
    true dat. Sadly it seems to be some sort of requirement of being vegan

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't eaten in a week. Mostly just nachos and water. A really bad flu, so I was just curious if maybe I should just keep continuing this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I haven't eaten in a week. Mostly just nachos and water. A really bad flu, so I was just curious if maybe I should just keep continuing this.
    are you asking us because it is important what we think of you?

I mean. Honestly. You have to ask yourself if you want to be a vegen/veggietarian. I don't think anybody but you can answer that question for you.

god no. Your weight is dependant on your calorie intake, and while you can lose weight eating less then your body burns it still matters WHAT you eat. Your body will lack so much from a diet like that
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

The question is, how long do you want to live? Because nachos and water won't get you very far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    are you asking us because it is important what we think of you?

I mean. Honestly. You have to ask yourself if you want to be a vegen/veggietarian. I don't think anybody but you can answer that question for you.
    my question was in the thread title?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    god no. Your weight is dependant on your calorie intake, and while you can lose weight eating less then your body burns it still matters WHAT you eat. Your body will lack so much from a diet like that

I installed a furnace for a friend and he gave me 2 litres of carolina reaper hot sauce... that has to have lots of vitamins in it.

Deleted
    It's not hard to shop. I was vegetarian with an ex and it's basically you just put that quorn and other teextured vegetable protein shit in everything

If you can do it for your own means, but all means do it. Most of the food wasnt that bad but for my activity levels it wasn't anywhere near enough fuel for my body without costing $400+ a week for food
    I'm guessing that was the gluten free part not providing enough energy, and the organic thing costing $$$.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It's not hard to shop. I was vegetarian with an ex and it's basically you just put that quorn and other teextured vegetable protein shit in everything
    Eggs. If you're just a vegetarian, eggs are a fucking amazing protein source on the cheap. For omnivores too.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm guessing that was the gluten free part not providing enough energy, and the organic thing costing $$$.

- - - Updated - - -

Eggs. If you're just a vegetarian, eggs are a fucking amazing protein source on the cheap. For omnivores too.
    J'aime les oeufs

Beans, lots of beans.

Protein is easy, I'm back to being (mostly) vegetarian. I take two whey protein shakes a day + half a carton of egg whites, which comes out to about 120g of protein at 570 calories.

Eggs/egg whites, dairy (cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, cheese), protein shakes, tofu, lentils, nuts/nut butters all cover your basic needs.

I don't really have ethical qualms about eating meat now because there are humanely raised meat sources now, that weren't around back when I first went vegetarian, I mostly do it because I feel better being on a vegetarian diet and there have been a lot of journal articles coming out linking red meat consumption to cancer risk.

the ex went vegan and forced it on me, I did it for like 7? months and because she was also all about organic and gluten free the grocery bills were absurd and I lost about 40lbs in the process, I went from almost 6'3 and 190 to 150lbs. Dumped her, regained 30lbs in the first month.

Rice and beans are dirt cheap and calorie dense, if you go vegan that really has to become a staple. Also, pasta...I think it's far more difficult to get enough protein in as a vegan, although there are vegan bodybuilders who supplement with shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Protein is easy, I'm back to being (mostly) vegetarian. I take two whey protein shakes a day + half a carton of egg whites, which comes out to about 120g of protein at 570 calories.

Eggs/egg whites, dairy (cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, cheese), protein shakes, tofu, lentils, nuts/nut butters all cover your basic needs.

I don't really have ethical qualms about eating meat now because there are humanely raised meat sources now, that weren't around back when I first went vegetarian, I mostly do it because I feel better being on a vegetarian diet and there have been a lot of journal articles coming out linking red meat consumption to cancer risk.
    That sounds disgusting.