Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    are you gonan tell me that in all year of history lessons your teachers never told you about french revolution even once ? must be pretty shitty educational system then if what you are saying is true
    Maybe in låg or mellanstadiet. I don't remember anything about any french revolution nor any quotes like that. I remember the stuff we had in högstadiet and gymnasiet and that was mostly ww2 and stormaktstiden.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-03-22 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed not, but I have yet to meet a poor person that found it to be a good idea to spend 800 euros a month on beauty products...

I come from a family where we lived on the bare minimum for years due to recession hitting my dad's business hard. He clawed himself back and always made sure we kids had the essentials and more. Thankfully he wasn't born in a country where he'd been forced to choose between feeding us and paying rent, or sending us to school for higher education...

My mom is... well, special, but she's worked all her life and contributed to society, supporting herself and the children living with her just fine eventually.
    Statistics would disagree. Poor people do in fact throw a lot of money on stupid shit instead of saving or investing in something that would eventually pull them up. It the reason they keep being poor, stupidity and a lack of financial knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see how the world would go on if everyone just started doing money with money.
    Infinite money or a wake-up call?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah, so we should punish him by ruining him for the rest of his life.

I never said anyone needed to be punished. That does not mean people shouldn't be responsible for their decisions in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I never said anyone needed to be punished.
    But you did.

That does not mean people shouldn't be responsible for their decisions in life.
    Yeah, they should be responsible by having to compensate for the rest of their life.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

But you did.

Yeah, they should be responsible by having to compensate for the rest of their life.
    They should be responsible for paying it back, yes.

The logical conclusion is to get the government out of it as much as humanly possible. Let a private bank loan money to someone. If a parent wants to put somethins up as collateral, great. if not, have it be a contract for future earnings. If they both agree to it, then you have no victims. You have clear consequences that both parties understand if one does not hold up his end of the bargain.

If poor people just worked three jobs and stopped eating so much food, they would be middle class no problem.

They should be responsible for paying it back, yes.
    With the rest of their lives, I agree. What a great idea.

The logical conclusion is to get the government out of it as much as humanly possible. Let a private bank loan money to someone. If a parent wants to put somethins up as collateral, great. if not, have it be a contract for future earnings. If they both agree to it, then you have no victims. You have clear consequences that both parties understand if one does not hold up his end of the bargain.
    Another great idea, private banks are not legally and morally obligated to keep interest rates under control, so they get to effectively enslave whoever takes out a loan but is unable to pay it back in a timely fashion.

If governments have to give out college loans they would be hampered by those damn moralists communists.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Of course it's not. It's a complicated issue with roots in social and economical state of the environment an individual grew up and living in with a whole lot of luck involved.
    But what do I know, Its probably that they just don't get rich for the sake of it.

With the rest of their lives, I agree. What a great idea.

Another great idea, private banks are not legally and morally obligated to keep interest rates under control, so they get to effectively enslave whoever takes out a loan but is unable to pay it back in a timely fashion.

If governments have to give out college loans they would be hampered by those damn moralists communists.
    I never said taking out massive student loans was a good idea in the first place. You'll notice that the cost of tuition has risen due to the ease of gaining student loans. If there's more money freely available, then of course the costs are going to increase. You are acting as if these people are victims, when they took loans out, and didn't pay them back. They took the money, and now they don't want to hold up their end of the bargain. That's no different than not paying when you eat at a restaurant, even though you ate exactly what you ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If poor people just worked three jobs and stopped eating so much food, they would be middle class no problem.
    If only poor people worked harder to be born into a rich family, they would also be rich no problem.

Can only blame them for being lazy during their preconception phase.

I never said taking out massive student loans was a good idea in the first place. You'll notice that the cost of tuition has risen due to the ease of gaining student loans. If there's more money freely available, then of course the costs are going to increase. You are acting as if these people are victims, when they took loans out, and didn't pay them back. They took the money, and now they don't want to hold up their end of the bargain. That's no different than not paying when you eat at a restaurant, even though you ate exactly what you ordered.
    Ya, which is why I said it's great to punish all these young, barely mature adults for making a single wrong decision for the rest of their lives. That ought to teach them a lesson they will never forget throughout their entire ancestral memory. Why do you keep justifying yourself when I completely agree with you?

People who make mistakes should pay by being miserable and enslaved for the rest of their life.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-03-22 at 11:18 AM.

If only poor people worked harder to be born into a rich family, they would also be rich no problem.

Can only blame them for being lazy during their preconception phase.

Ya, which is why I said it's great to punish all these young, barely mature adults for making a single wrong decision for the rest of their lives. That ought to teach them a lesson they will never forget throughout their entire ancestral memory. Why do you keep justifying yourself when I completely agree with you?

People who make mistakes should pay by being miserable and enslaved for the rest of their life.
    People who make mistakes should pay by making up for those mistakes. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. That's like saying someone who buys a house, but cannot afford the mortgage, should be able to keep it for free.

If people are not obligated to pay back loans, and there's no collateral... then no bank would loan them money. Would you loan someone money whom you know wouldn't be paying you back? Can I borrow $150,000?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just an easy excuse to hate on people. I know people born into wealth and I know people who have nothing. Guess who works harder.

People who make mistakes should pay by making up for those mistakes. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. That's like saying someone who buys a house, but cannot afford the mortgage, should be able to keep it for free.

If people are not obligated to pay back loans, and there's no collateral... then no bank would loan them money. Would you loan someone money whom you know wouldn't be paying you back? Can I borrow $150,000?
    Absolutely, if I were also to run a business giving out loans, I would make sure that debtors have to pay back, and they must place their lives as collateral. If they can't pay back within the contracted time, they need to work out the debt in a concentration camp doing hard honest labor.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Its just an easy excuse to hate on people. I know people born into wealth and I know people who have nothing. Guess who works harder.
    Nope, you can only get rich by being hardworking, and vice versa. Since my family, and by extension me, is rich, I am automatically a top 1% hardworking individual working less than 20 hours a week.

Don't be lazy and you can pull yourselves up by the bootstraps.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-03-22 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Someone making bad decisions and blaming others for his problems is the worst combination possible.
    So yes, majority of people are just lazy. And welfare state told them it's okay to be lazy, because we will take care of them.
    Because poverty didn't exist prior to the advent of the welfare state. Obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Statistics would disagree. Poor people do in fact throw a lot of money on stupid shit instead of saving or investing in something that would eventually pull them up. It the reason they keep being poor, stupidity and a lack of financial knowledge.
    Which statistics are these?

Also, no. You don't get wealthier by saving money, and I'm sure that two hundred dollars they spent on a cellphone is really worth 'investing'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Money can circulate by wise investment though. Put more in your 401(k) or buy government bonds (so they can offer welfare to the less fortunate now for a modest interest rate for you in the future)
    Yep. I'm absolutely sure the consumer market economy would do so much better if people stopped buying things and put all their disposable income into their retirement funds.

Here's how money circulates in a consumer market economy in the simplest terms; people buy shit, and the profits from said shit are used to create more shit for people to buy.

Don't quit your day job to bitch about poor people, friendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Absolutely, if I were also to run a business giving out loans, I would make sure that debtors have to pay back, and they must place their lives as collateral. If they can't pay back within the contracted time, they need to work out the debt in a concentration camp doing hard honest labor.

Nope, you can only get rich by being hardworking, and vice versa. Since my family, and by extension me, is rich, I am automatically a top 1% hardworking individual working less than 20 hours a week.

Don't be lazy and you can pull yourselves up by the bootstraps.
    It's probably better than owning a business that gives out loans, and just ignoring it whenever someone decides to not pay you back. You want to blame banks for the decisions other people make... does that about cover it?

It's probably better than owning a business that gives out loans, and just ignoring it whenever someone decides to not pay you back. You want to blame banks for the decisions other people make... does that about cover it?
    No, I want it to be legal for debtors to place their autonomy as collateral(which would be covered by your proposal to keep the government out of loans in general), so when I do set up my own loan service I can legally harvest organs and sell them to the rich. Oh boy, what a killing will I make in such a new untapped market.

#freemarketftw
    #capitalism4lyfe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because poverty didn't exist prior to the advent of the welfare state. Obviously.
    Comparing different eras, one where some people had barely any rights, is to be honest idiotic.
    They weren't lazy. They survived on their own. Most "poor" people today couldn't do that today, they're totally dependent on the state.

No, I want it to be legal for debtors to place their autonomy as collateral(which would be covered by your proposal to keep the government out of loans in general), so when I do set up my own loan service I can legally harvest organs and sell them to the rich. Oh boy, what a killing will I make.
    If it's between two willing participants, I'm more than fine with it. Your sarcasm aside, that's what freedom is all about. People sell their virginity, so I have no problem if they want to sell their organs or their freedom. It's their shit.