Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    This thread in a nutshell:

How dare they have content that isn't guaranteed success for everyone?

Players who hate grinds so much shouldn't play MMOs anyway. Or thinking that any sort of exclusive reward is inherently bad because 6 years later you can't oneshot a boss and receive a mount that actually held some sort of prestige once. And yes, prestige is important in MMOs and trying to deny it is pointless. You feel good for having an awesome weapon or mount few others have and being the forum white knight and claiming otherwise isn't going to change how the human mind works. And there's a difference between once standing in ironforge and going insane over someones full t2 set, and defending the fact that being able to achieve something not everyone can just waltz into and oneshot in an hour is important for MMO players at some level.

Now I don't know how challenging this will end up being, but at least I can see the benefits of this kind of system. If it's not available forever, some people are going to do whatever it takes to get it. But it's not just a "Reset and try again for free" system, and if every attempt is expensive you'll actually feel like your attempt has something on the line as well.

In short: Guaranteed success and zero investment is the bane of fun.
    dont forget the "wtf this is no where near worth it, i will never do it, they all lok shit not worth time" When in reality cause they're bad and wont be able to
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-21 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Yep it's subjective but it's an opinion obviously shared by a lot of players.
    If I recall players were crying previously about welfare legendaries and everything being handed to them on a plate. Here is your solution. Grinds are supposed to take time and effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep it's subjective but it's an opinion obviously shared by a lot of players.
    not really, 20 people on mmochamp who are in an angry mood so they are more likley to share their opinions is not "alot"

idk if you know phsyiology
    but people are MUCH more likley to talk about something that angers them, and to seek out others who agree, and tell people about it, then those who like something

when you enjoy your time at a restaurant you are less likley to leave a review or thank the chef
    then when you hate your time and complain or leave a bad review

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If I recall players were crying previously about welfare legendaries and everything being handed to them on a plate. Here is your solution. Grinds are supposed to take time and effort.
    also getting them isnt even a grind its

be good
    or come back at near the end of the expansion and be ready for a grind
    and those good players will get them first and get to show them off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You recall wrong. People were complaining about a) RNG in legendaries, you can basically get BiS for minimal efforts if you're lucky and never see them if unlucky rather than being handed after a relevant FUN questline and b) people didn't ask for more grind but rather for more content. More content doesn't equate to more grind. But I m confident at this point you re only trolling because your post only has limited relevance compared to what I posted before (I don't even know why you're talking about legendaries here).

Nobody ever asked for more grind. Grinds were always the reason why MMORPG were so unpopular before WoW.

not really, 20 people on mmochamp who are in an angry mood so they are more likley to share their opinions is not "alot"

idk if you know phsyiology
    but people are MUCH more likley to talk about something that angers them, and to seek out others who agree, and tell people about it, then those who like something

when you enjoy your time at a restaurant you are less likley to leave a review or thank the chef
    then when you hate your time and complain or leave a bad review
    No, if you really don't enjoy a restaurant you just leave and even ask for a refund, just as many of players did in wow since blizzard comes up with such clunky game design. I don't even see why people would grind useless and tedious content in wow when such amazing games are being released currently.

Also, the right word you re looking for is psychology, not physiology.

when such amazing games are being released currently.
    Well, thankfully Legion removed literally all need for grinding and where are all these amazing games ?
    I've yet to find one that comes close to WoW?
    If there are so many, why couldn't you even mention a few ?

Physiology is about if your body can handle 16 hours video gaming straight
    Psychology is about why the hell are you playing 16 hours video gaming
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-03-21 at 11:51 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

As someone who was planning on doing these chally modes on my alts i think that is now out of the question.

I will prolly only do it on my main which is hunter and the weapon looks like shit!

I enjoy things that have an element of challenge when relevant and are removed end of expansion before they become an absolute joke to get.
    I often go back to my old titles like The Immortal for this reason, because that sh*t is old as **** now.
    It's also done with some mounts so I don't really see a problem with adding some mog to this category.

7+ Year Old Account

No, if you really don't enjoy a restaurant you just leave and even ask for a refund, just as many of players did in wow since blizzard comes up with such clunky game design. I don't even see why people would grind useless and tedious content in wow when such amazing games are being released currently.

btw you can qoute me or mention me so i know you responded
    and again, you dont seem to understand
    more people are likley to call over the waiter and say "our food is shit, refund us"
    instead of calling over the waiter and saying "our food is amazing, heres your tip"
    (not just for money reason)

because people are much more willing to go out of their way to do something angry, then to do something happy
    also what games? you list "such amazing games" but then list none, what are these amazing mmo RPG with a cartoony style that has content like wow?

also yes i was looking for psychology, fucking auto correct

Deleted
    more people are likley to call over the waiter and say "our food is shit, refund us"
    instead of calling over the waiter and saying "our food is amazing, heres your tip"
    (not just for money reason)
    That's simply not true, I do live in france and we do have a lot of very good restaurants over here and I can guarantee you that if a restaurant is good a) people would praise the chief b) give a tip and c) talk about it (and the oposite is true in equal quantity).

The "vocal minority" argument is a marketing bullshit point that video games companies usually make when they come up with flawed design and try to mitigate the backlash.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, thankfully Legion removed literally all need for grinding and where are all these amazing games ?
    I've yet to find one that comes close to WoW?
    If there are so many, why couldn't you even mention a few ?
    Zelda breath of the wild, horizon zero dawn and I m only talking about games released this month. Also, no, legion may be the grindiest expansion since BC/vanilla.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2017-03-22 at 11:06 AM.

Zelda breath of the wild, horizon zero dawn and I m only talking about games released this month.
    Please stay in the same genre...

Also, no, legion may be the grindiest expansion since BC/vanilla.
    Well, if Legion with literally ZERO grind required is the worst, that says a lot for the WoW team over the last 8 years.

Good one Blizzard, Stanelis loves your work.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I tmog every single one of my artifacts already so it's yet another grind I won't bother with.

Thrilled that the challenge mode Ashbringer looks like shit so there is no need for me to bother with it.