Thread: [TV] The Flash!

It was an amusing enough episode, didn't really achieve much of anything. Have them break up in the last episodes, then have a musical to get them back togethor, meh.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Dads!
    Dads?

best part lol

So, when will Music Meister return to sign his six-figure book deal, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Dads!
    Dads?

best part lol
    I wonder if the actors are actually dating each other (secretly or openly)?

Deleted
    That episode really was a gloriously self-indulgent waste of 45 minutes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I wonder if the actors are actually dating each other (secretly or openly)?
    Victor Garber is married to another dude sooo....no.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Victor is gay? Never would have guessed, he is clearly a great way to crush stereotypes. He's a great actor, sometimes in Legends you can clearly see he's a higher caliber than the rest of the cast. Although the actors who play the Legion of Doom are also very good.

Question for the Flash fans: One thing always bothered me, Flashpoint is a disaster and many people blamed Barry for trying to save his mom, especially the Legends. But isn't him saving his mom actually supposed to be solving an abberation? Reverse Flash came from the future to kill his mom, how is him saving her so disruptive? Is it because the abberation settled and Eobard was there for many years?

If it's not clear enough, I didn't read any comics. I have seen the animated version of Flashpoint right before the tv version came out. That was a mistake, the tv version was underwhelming to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Victor is gay? Never would have guessed, he is clearly a great way to crush stereotypes. He's a great actor, sometimes in Legends you can clearly see he's a higher caliber than the rest of the cast. Although the actors who play the Legion of Doom are also very good.

Question for the Flash fans: One thing always bothered me, Flashpoint is a disaster and many people blamed Barry for trying to save his mom, especially the Legends. But isn't him saving his mom actually supposed to be solving an abberation? Reverse Flash came from the future to kill his mom, how is him saving her so disruptive? Is it because the abberation settled and Eobard was there for many years?

If it's not clear enough, I didn't read any comics. I have seen the animated version of Flashpoint right before the tv version came out. That was a mistake, the tv version was underwhelming to say the least.
    The comic is good too, grab it on Amazon next time you get bored:
    https://www.amazon.com/Flashpoint-Ge...rds=flashpoint

The issue with Flashpoint, from what i see, isn't that he saves his mother, it's that every time you fuck with time, you break things a little more. Thawn broke the timeline when he killed her, Barry broke it more when he saved her. The Flashpoint timeline wasn't the original timeline, the original timeline is gone forever.

When Thawn spoke about history, he mentioned that Wells would be building the reactor later than he wanted. If we assume Barry wouldn't be created for another ten years, then we need to ask where Kid Flash is in the original timeline? Does Kid Flash die, leaving the villain speedster to roam free for years before Barry becomes the Flash? Is that why Future Barry is such a badass, because the Rival did a lot of harm after killing Kid Flash, then Savitar came along and destroyed the city?

In any case, Barry then went back and let his mom die, which didn't restore the season1 timeline, but rather created yet another fracture.

The thing is, at the end of season1 Barry travels back to save Mom. He is waved off by Future Flash, who knows that mom has to die for the world to work. But then Season2 barry goes back in time and stops Thawn. We still never see the Future Barry that went back and waved Season1 Barry from stopping the murder.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Gay men can stray just as easily as straight men!

(Just kidding Mr Garber!)

I wanted more singing in the episode. And at least one more "company" number.

BTW, were Winn and Cisco actually singing, or did they have stand-ins?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Super friends was my favorite song for sure, can tell they worked together before.

Suddenly a wild Glee episode appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post

Pretty sure Cisco sang himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Winn probably sang himself as well.

Ah cool, thanks!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They can both sing so I'm guessing they actual did sing. I'm pretty sure no stand ins were used for that episode.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The comic is good too, grab it on Amazon next time you get bored:
    https://www.amazon.com/Flashpoint-Ge...rds=flashpoint

The issue with Flashpoint, from what i see, isn't that he saves his mother, it's that every time you fuck with time, you break things a little more. Thawn broke the timeline when he killed her, Barry broke it more when he saved her. The Flashpoint timeline wasn't the original timeline, the original timeline is gone forever.

When Thawn spoke about history, he mentioned that Wells would be building the reactor later than he wanted. If we assume Barry wouldn't be created for another ten years, then we need to ask where Kid Flash is in the original timeline? Does Kid Flash die, leaving the villain speedster to roam free for years before Barry becomes the Flash? Is that why Future Barry is such a badass, because the Rival did a lot of harm after killing Kid Flash, then Savitar came along and destroyed the city?

In any case, Barry then went back and let his mom die, which didn't restore the season1 timeline, but rather created yet another fracture.

The thing is, at the end of season1 Barry travels back to save Mom. He is waved off by Future Flash, who knows that mom has to die for the world to work. But then Season2 barry goes back in time and stops Thawn. We still never see the Future Barry that went back and waved Season1 Barry from stopping the murder.
    It's a nice paradox, kinda weird because at the same time I'm watching Legends trying to fix all these abberations, but that's okay. I get it though, Flash is now a completely different person, and putting things back together will change him and it won't actually make it better.

Still, if someone changed my life like that, I might be willing to go through with it and try to stay true to who I originally was. But at the same time, Flash was losing his memories of the new life as far as I remember, so it's a conflict between staying true to the original you and keeping all the memories of the life you already have. And his current life is actually worth saving.

Maybe if Barry had a worse life, he'd be willing to embrace his original one, whatever it was. Good stuff, thanks.

I have this feeling Savitar will simply just be Barry Allen. He's still missing in the future isn't he? Because he's Savitar now, not the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I have this feeling Savitar will simply just be Barry Allen. He's still missing in the future isn't he? Because he's Savitar now, not the Flash.
    The article from the future talks about him vanishing while fighting RF, always thought that was when they both went back in time for his mom.

Savitar being future Barry while cool, wouldn't happen because of killing Iris. Could be Barry or Barrys twin from a different earth thou. According to Jay, this isn't the first earth the he went after so its very possible that he is from a different earth and not E1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the sound just seemed off when ever they went all musical. It seems like they recorded it somewhere else rather than the set and it sound just off to me, I did not enjoy it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I like musicals. I watched this episode twice which is something I never do.

It wasn't a fantastic musical, but it was a lot of fun seeing the characters do something different. Many of them obviously have a lot of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Honestly the sound just seemed off when ever they went all musical. It seems like they recorded it somewhere else rather than the set and it sound just off to me, I did not enjoy it.
    Well that's how TV/movie musicals usually work. The singing is often done in a recording studio then added in later. You'll rarely see live singing used in TV/movie musicals. Course I imagine movies are better at this then TV shows.

Les Misérables is the only film I know of that used live singing (with mixed results).

My insane out of left field theory is that Jay Garrick is savitar, gone mad from taking wallys place in the speed force prison and blames Barry for "putting him there" even though he volunteered.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!