Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Gnome View Post
    Nevertheless, if my online and real life dating experience as a short guy has taught me anything is that even though most women are not as crude as those on that twitter account, the vast majority still discriminate against height and lash out at you for even sending them a message. It's fine not being attracted to shorter guys but why lash out?? It's a harsh truth for shorter guys, particularly in online dating.
    The lashing out stems from a weird combination of vanity and having low self-esteem. They want to get hit on by 10/10 dudes and when they aren't or they are themselves rejected, they lash out at those they feel are inferior to them or they aren't attracted to to feel better about themselves. Psychologically it's called "displacement".

Things like these are of course hurtful to read or hear, especially when it's about physical characteristics you cannot change. The best thing to do however would be to start loving yourself despite any shortcomings you feel you might have. It will build confidence which people don't realize how attractive it is, and also let you shrug off petty insults coming from these insecure women. Besides, as someone already mentioned they are doing you a favour by helping you dodge a bullet as trying to sustain a relationship with people who are chained to their psychological issues is not fun in the long run.

Good luck in your future dating endeavours mate .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    I'm 6'2, I couldn't date a short girl either. Nothing hateful, just preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Checked out a few of the photos. Some of these girls would be lucky if any guy gave them the time of day. Woof.

Sometimes I wish I was short, just so I could have death by snu-snu.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    A lot of women don't find fat men attractive either.

The point of the thread is hostility received for something that cannot change.
    Not finding someone attractive and hostility are quite different things.
    As in "I don't want to date you, you are short" and "i'm going to punch you if you approach me" difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not to interrupt the pity party, but a lot of women don't find short men attractive the same way a lot of men don't find fat women attractive.

Maybe you'd feel better if short guys and fat girls were forcibly paired up? Everyone wins right?
    I'm disappointed to see this coming from you since you're normally quite pleasant.

The point isn't that they aren't attracted to each other but rather than being mature about their rejecting they instead belittle the other person. This is in no way limited to girls rejecting short guys as plenty of guys reject fat girls as well. Weight however is something you can control or work on whereas you are stuck with your height and being ridiculed for something out of your control is reprehensible.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    I'm disappointed to see this coming from you since you're normally quite pleasant.

The point isn't that they aren't attracted to each other but rather than being mature about their rejecting they instead belittle the other person. This is in no way limited to girls rejecting short guys as plenty of guys reject fat girls as well. Weight however is something you can control or work on whereas you are stuck with your height and being ridiculed for something out of your control is reprehensible.
    I guarantee you, if you were a fat girl in the dating scene you'd experience plenty of harsh rejections. People reject other people who they aren't attracted to, and it feels shitty.

If you don't like the "fat girl" example, the same applies to unusually tall women a lot of the time. Or how about just ugly people?

But fair enough, my post probably came across a lot shittier than it needed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post

It goes both ways. People also need to be mature about being rejected. You can't just make people change their preferences, so being miserable just because someone reject you is completely your choice. It's your choice to feel angry about insults too, it's your emotions, you should be controlling them, not others. It's completely up to you how you react to being rejected, you shouldn't yell "discrimination" just because someone is not interested in romantic relationship with someone they don't like, even if something that can't be changed is a dealbreaker.

In case of fat people it's even more ridiculous, some really loud individuals advocate for changing the way people think about them instead of them changing themselves. What's fucking harder and makes more sense, changing yourself? Or changing the world view on yourself?
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It goes both ways. People also need to be mature about being rejected. You can't just make people change their preferences, so being miserable just because someone reject you is completely your choice. It's your choice to feel angry about insults too, it's your emotions, you should be controlling them, not others. It's completely up to you how you react to being rejected, you shouldn't yell "discrimination" just because someone is not interested in romantic relationship with someone they don't like, even if something that can't be changed is a dealbreaker.

In case of fat people it's even more ridiculous, some really loud individuals advocate for changing the way people think about them instead of them changing themselves. What's fucking harder and makes more sense, changing yourself? Or changing the world view on yourself?
    It depends of the way the person rejects you.

Everytime i rejected a girl due to not finding her attractive, i was very cautious to make sure i was not hurting them, to avoid causing harm to their self steem.

But i already rejected a girl because she had halitoses, and told her about that. At the first moment she got very sad, but later she thanked me for that.

Being rude with the person, is not right. Of course every women is entitled to prefer tall men, but being rude with a short guy while rejecting him due to its physical traits its a sign of immaturity, or even something worse.

Personally, i am already used to rejection (as most men are, lol), so i don't mind being rejected. But if a girl tells me she does not want to date me because i am too short to her, it would be a hit to my self steem.

Thankfully, even being a short guy (172cm - 5'6), it never happened to me.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2017-03-23 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    As a fellow manlet (5'5.5"/169cm) I think that when people judge you like that it's a good indicator that they're not worth your time anyway.
    >He added the .5 inches

Manlets, when will they learn?

manlets btfo

My dad is like 5'7, so thank god I got my maternal grandfather's height.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not to interrupt the pity party, but a lot of women don't find short men attractive the same way a lot of men don't find fat women attractive.

Maybe you'd feel better if short guys and fat girls were forcibly paired up? Everyone wins right?
    Fat people can lose weight. What are short guys gonna do, walk on their toes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    6'4 guy here.

I don't date short girls usually, 5'7 and up or you're not worth the neck strain.

Take that, female heightism!
    pff, just date tiny girls. I'm 6'1 but my girl is 4'11, can just pick her up for hugs and kisses, no need for bending over

10+ Year Old Account
    Women are always going to judge an aspect of men that can never change.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I already knew the hate towards short men, which I think is definitely unwarranted, as you can't change your height. But say something about a woman's weight being too much and holy fuck are you called a massive asshole and other such things. You can't change your height, but you can change your weight.

This whole thing reminds me of this image: http://i.imgur.com/o6snO1v.jpg
    But there is a way to get taller: having doctors intentionally break your legs a fuckload of times. Totally worth it for that extra inch. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    vertically challenged dude
    Has political correctness gone too far? That's the most important question in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Fat people can lose weight. What are short guys gonna do, walk on their toes?
    Heels! Accentuates their calves and buttox!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    That is nowhere near the avg height for a white American male, which is approximately 5 foot 10 inches.
    That's around 7cm bellow white average and 3cm bellow Hispanic average.
    Id consider that not that much shorter than average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    >He added the .5 inches

Manlets, when will they learn?

I live in metric, I just go off what google tells me!

What exactly is the benefit of being taller than 6'?? I am kind of confused.. Does it help with some sex positions or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    It depends of the way the person rejects you.

Everytime i rejected a girl due to not finding her attractive, i was very cautious to make sure i was not hurting them, to avoid causing harm to their self steem.
    Their self esteem is not your concern in these cases, because it's not the case of being rude, it's the case of lying or not telling something. If you don't like someone because of their height you tell them exactly that, it's being honest. If they can't take it for some reason - it's their problem, they should handle their own emotions, not someone else.

"Being rude" or hostile is completely different topic. These things are not interchangeable.

Off course it would hit your self-esteem, simply because you got rejected, you had subjectively bad experience, but it was due to something you have to control of, so it's up to you to choose, to go down to self-humiliation or not to.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-03-23 at 06:43 AM.

People have different things they find attractive. Are you just finding this out now?