Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Playing games is inefficient. If all you care about is efficiency, stop playing games, stop wasting your time on the forums and go learn mandarin you lazy pleb
    Tell that to the RS community.

If it wasnt for this nethershard bullshit this would never be a problem

I never looked at a video to do that warlock quest but it did make me learn by doing countless tries but if i have kill some demon over and over just so i can get sharsd just to do those tries then blizz can shove it up there ass!

I already got enough farming doing there AP grind i aint doing nether grind too just for chances cause i get unlucky cause i fucked up a bit.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-03-23 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So how many years do I need to go without a women. And how Asian do I need to become to do that?
    you need to be 30 years old and be a virgin, then you will become a wizard. If you are below 30 and not a virgin anymore, tough luck its a one time thing.

Walkthroughs/Strategies are not new to the world of gaming. Yes videos may have made things easier to access but guides have always been there. Nintendo Power starting in the late 80s provided guides with full level breakdowns of the most popular games, Prima Games and BradyGames were publishing massive Strategy guides going back as far as 1990. In the mid 1990s as homes began to access the early days of the public internet we had message boards and websites dedicated to providing detailed step by step walkthroughs, before the world wide web became available domestically we were getting the same info off of bulletin boards. This wasn't just for the game itself but for every mini-game, secret, etc. For as long as games have existed we have been sharing how to beat them.

As for the point of this topic, if there is one, you complain that videos trivialize the content, but isn't that only true if you watch them? Would that not make the issue your own willpower?

Deleted
    It's seems pretty easy compared to classic bullet hell arcane games. In essence it is not so much about problem solving or critical thinking but about repetition and muscle memory. You learn to master it one move at a time. It still IS hard (even with muscle memory the reflexes needed are uncanny) and takes a significant amount of time.
    Does it require autism?

10+ Year Old Account
    In before same dude posts a thread in a month or two: Solo challenge is too hard.. needs a nerf wtf

Progressing on a raidboss with no video guide, feels way better than just trying to replicate what some others have done.

But yes for those who needs maximum efficiency in all aspects of the game, nothing beats garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by zemerax View Post
    Tell that to the RS community.
    bout to drop this 1 tick fishing method blow all of their minds

Deleted
    My first playthrough of FF7 in PS1 (fuck i am getting seriously old), i did it blind and i enjoyed the hell out of the game.
    Second playthrough i bought a guide, it turns out i had missed one playable character (Vincent), and 8 out of 15 summonings, again i enjoyed the hell out of the game.
    So i like playing blind, but there comes a time that youtube basically helps me squeeze the last ounce of enjoyment out of a game i like, same as with fan made mods, so i am totally ok with that.
    I have played the 3 DS games, and except a little intro to stats in the first one, the rule has been no video until the boss is down, but after that i do check other people playthroughs for items i may have missed, and so far i have been enjoying the DS games a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's seems pretty easy compared to classic bullet hell arcane games. In essence it is not so much about problem solving or critical thinking but about repetition and muscle memory. You learn to master it one move at a time. It still IS hard (even with muscle memory the reflexes needed are uncanny) and takes a significant amount of time.
    dont try to play it off as easy man :P you can learn muscle meemory and memeorize the patterns of enemies in bullet hell games too
    my brother who legit play toho(i think its spelt) all day is a fucking pro, because hes gained a muscle memeory of it, and knows all the attack patterns of it
    it is by no way compared to "pretty easy" to bullet hells :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Progressing on a raidboss with no video guide, feels way better than just trying to replicate what some others have done.
    Yes if you are progressing, no if you are stuck and ready to give up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    What is this abomination?
    imagine guitar hero, but you use a tablet with a pen to move your cursor and need to press one of 2 buttons
    i reccomend looking up some videos of people playing its fucking insane

it is for sure a "Japanese kid who has a computer but no internet" kinda game if you know what i mean by that...
    btw this guy is not amazing, he misses alot, but its hard to find videos of the peoples hands and such who are also the fucking like SS 100% pros like rrtyui
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I don't really get the point of "challenges" like green fire, infinite Training Grounds, and the Celestial pet battles. Sure, they are difficult and in particular very time-consuming if you have no idea what you're doing. But ...

What it comes down to is if you have a whole bunch of time and feel like investing/wasting it in the game, you figure out a strategy on your own. You might figure out five strategies on your own. Could be fun. Otherwise, you watch a video and do what it says. To me that's not even gaming.

Having scenarios with a programmed solution like these (and the Lei Shen scenario to about the same extent) is pointless, because the "difficulty" is all in finding a good video and aping it.

IMO it would be much better to use something with a soft difficulty and no obvious strategy like Withered Training as a gate. You would get regular rewards as you grow in power and experience, and when you get a very high score, after a combination of persistence/practice/skill, you get the big reward.
    Not gaming?

Its 1991 and i got a game genie...
    Its 1998 and i need a walktrough and i go to gamefaqs....
    Its 2005 ...fuck i still i go to gamefags....
    Its...2017 we go to you tube.........

Even with videos ....
    what is the percentage of players that have the green fire challenge complete? or wave 30 complete?

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Or..OR OR...ORRRRRR...You could just uhhh.....

Not watch the video, and try this shit yourself, without help?

:O MIND BLOWN. /s

/Thread
    Thats what I did with greenfire quest, I tried all sorts of whacky shit out before I worked out the vast majority and then checked a video out after days of trying

I don't know, I am not saying it is easy in general but bullet hells are just insane.
    It's a different genre. Osu is a rhythm game where Touhou is a shooter. I suppose in concept they're vaguely similar but the skills you get from playing Osu (if you play with a mouse) help other games, like MOBAs and FPSes while skill in Touhou is pretty much only applicable to Touhou. Oh, and Heroic Zorlok... (We used to call players dying to orbs "failing at Touhou.")

I agree that videos are spoiling the raid challenge. But if you don't watch them, you quickly fall behind. I guess it's the same story for solo challenges.

But this cannot be solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    That's like saying they shouldn't do any more raid bosses because you watch video tactics for them. Literally anything in the game, and other games, can be boiled down to "watch a video and repeat it yourself"
    that's not true at all. a lot of the harder bosses will put the raid in situations where they have to adapt. you can't just blindly copy a video. it's not a song that you can just cover by reading the notes.

Deleted
    No one forces you to watch
    Beside that watch video or not does not mean that you will do the stuff(i watching logs but cant do that 1mln dps )

I think that the challenges they've made so far are good. The new 7.2 challenges are idiotic though, you need to farm nethershards per try. That's retarded, it actively encourages you to go and watch a video, and not have the joy of finding the strategy yourself, unless you want to spend tons of time farming these shitty nethershards to get enough tries. I would even try 5000 times if I could do it without farming shit, but now I will watch a video and be done instead. I've spent a lot of time trying to beat green fire quest, but nothing stopped me from trying it as many time as I wanted. This, imo, is the shit that I hate from blizz this expansion. Want anything cool in Legion? Plenty of stuff, but you need to forfeit your life to get them.

Why even make games at all? People can just watch a video on how to beat any game, so might as well just shut down the entire gaming industry.