Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Seems like Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras are at odds with eachother.

From the trailer, it seems like Kil'Jaeden has a beef with Sargeras. He flat out called Sargeras and his plan a failure.

Could we see an unexpected ending to the tomb of Sargeras where we knock some sense into Kil'Jaeden and he ends up helping us kill Sargeras in the Argus patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I doubt it, at most, he still cared for Argus, but he sure as shit is still on board with cleansing the universe, and most of all, still despises Velen.

Deleted
    Potentially. He could always repent to Velen and be like "bro, im soz, we go kick his ass?!"

Seems strange KJ cares about Argus though, I always thought he was fully behind the "legion destroys whatever it touches" philosophy.

I very much doubt that we're going to get KJ to switch to our side to take down Sargeras. If there is going to be any "surprise" ending in ToS, I could see Sargeras' hand reaching through a portal at the end of the fight and crushing the life out of KJ for failing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    From the trailer, it seems like Kil'Jaeden has a beef with Sargeras. He flat out called Sargeras and his plan a failure.

Could we see an unexpected ending to the tomb of Sargeras where we knock some sense into Kil'Jaeden and he ends up helping us kill Sargeras in the Argus patch?
    Unlikely, much like Arthas hes most likely in the "beyond redemption" category of villains as usual.

We redeemed Illidan already, Kil'Jaedan being forgiven after all the shit hes pulled to taunt/kill and humiliate Velen is really unlikely at this point.

But it was very surprising that Kil'Jaedan blatantly called out Sargeras for what happened. Seeing him have doubts and him having a sense of remorse for sacrificing Argus is an interesting twist I never expected.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Well, it's not the first time Kil'jaeden has had this attitude. I'm actually kind of impressed that this was consistent. During the Sunwell encounter, he said this:
    "The expendable have perished... So be it! Now I shall succeed where Sargeras could not! I will bleed this wretched world and secure my place as the true master of the Burning Legion. The end has come! Let the unraveling of this world commence!"

Kj is probably the most interesting character in the wow universe at this point.

He is always plotting something even against his master.
    He is not one to be pawn for ever.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It also now makes some of his stuff in the newest Chronicles fit as well. Namely Sarg pulling KJ off the orcs to let them stew despite him wanting to use them.

Deleted
    Judging from the cinematic, Kil'jaeden accepted Sargeras's gift, because he saw a vision of countless worlds being conquered by the Legion and now seeing Sargeras plans failed, Kil'Jaeden has doubts and probably regrets allowing Sargeras destroying Argus. I doubt Kil'Jaeden will want to ally with us, as his personal views are to the same as Sargeras's, but him leading it and having the Power. Mythic fight will probably spoil everything towards the next patch, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Kj is probably the most interesting character in the wow universe at this point.
    He first started to grow on me during the Tomb of Sargeras audio drama. I don't remember exactly what it was now, but I believe it was related to how he convinced Gul'dan to remain loyal. For a big demon guy who just wants to destroy things, Kil'jaeden has been given an amazingly... human personality (for lack of a better term). There is a reason and a logic behind what he does and says. That's not easy to pull off with such a relatively basic villain.

As for him turning over a new leaf, I'm still not sure if that will happen with either him or Sargeras. However, a rift between them could still lead to other outcomes. Perhaps Kil'jaeden betrays Sargeras for the sake of victory, only for that victory to end up being the opening the Void needs (and thus a victory that Sargeras would have sacrificed).

It's a setup for the inevitable cop out explanation for why a raid of 20 heroes manage to thwart Sargeras. Something along the lines of "It was my plan all along!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    He first started to grow on me during the Tomb of Sargeras audio drama. I don't remember exactly what it was now, but I believe it was related to how he convinced Gul'dan to remain loyal. For a big demon guy who just wants to destroy things, Kil'jaeden has been given an amazingly... human personality (for lack of a better term). There is a reason and a logic behind what he does and says. That's not easy to pull off with such a relatively basic villain.

As for him turning over a new leaf, I'm still not sure if that will happen with either him or Sargeras. However, a rift between them could still lead to other outcomes. Perhaps Kil'jaeden betrays Sargeras for the sake of victory, only for that victory to end up being the opening the Void needs (and thus a victory that Sargeras would have sacrificed).
    i am starting to think that Kil'jaeden will actually use the void to defeat Sargeras, when the time comes. Perhaps manipulate us thinking he is a good guy and that Sargeras needs to be destoryed, after he will claim the leadership... oh man its fun to speculate kek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtheradon View Post
    i am starting to think that Kil'jaeden will actually use the void to defeat Sargeras, when the time comes. Perhaps manipulate us thinking he is a good guy and that Sargeras needs to be destoryed, after he will claim the leadership... oh man its fun to speculate kek
    Or perhaps Kil'jaeden will attempt to take and use the pillars to empower himself in an attempt to fight Sargeras, but will inadvertantly open N'zoths prison and be killed by the Old God or Sargeras.

Kil Jaden is like the sith apprentice and Sargeras sith lord. In sith ways the apprentice always overthrows and kills the sith lord to become the new master and the cycle repeats. Basically looks like KJ is planning to betray his master sargeras or do something sinister to take rule over the legion. I doubt we'll get a redemption story for KJ but maybe we did get one for illidan.. LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's a setup for the inevitable cop out explanation for why a raid of 20 heroes manage to thwart Sargeras. Something along the lines of "It was my plan all along!"
    Dude, why are you so negative about everything in WoW? Are you that jaded about no-flying that you have to dog on all other aspects of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a Megatron, Starscream vibe.

Deleted
    sounded like your typical "you can be friendly with your boss but don't push your luck" thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I got a Megatron, Starscream vibe.
    Was thinking the same. I could see Kil'jaden trying to bail and run back through the portal to Argus, only to have Sargeras waiting for him on the other end. "You've failed me yet again Star-jaden!"

If anything, the cinematic reinforces Kil'jaeden's resolve to complete the Burning Legion's mission. The only thing he seems to doubt is Sargeras' ability to lead them to their ultimate goal.

Deleted
    Only makes sense. What use does some planet-destroying dude have when we is trapped in the twisting nether and hard to summon? If Kil Jaeden is clever he will betray Sargeras, free the old gods instead and allies with the voids as other demons did before the burning crusade.