Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    People are weird. I like to get work done while I'm at work. Where the fuck is their work ethic if they have time to worry about the political leaning of that jackass who always drinks the last of the coffee and never puts a new pot on?

Since it's an advertising firm, I imagine there were people who kept pointing out that their proposed ads would offend people, and the managers were getting sick of people shooting down their ideas with valid reasons.

It's interesting because on my way home from work today, listening to NPR, I heard a piece on how many HUGE companies are fighting a legal battle with youtube over tightening up their content, because these companies want youtube to crack down on offensive content. "Brand safety" is a term that covers many things, including not having your brand associated with something offensive, and ads on youtube run pretty much regardless of what the video is, including everything from winnie the pooh to racist rants about pissing on the graves of Jews and black people. So they're demanding youtube get hard on offensive content, or lose their ad revenue.
    Most jobs require a decent amount of interaction, interaction is easier the more common touchstones you have.

I suspect that if you apply and fail this test, you wouldn't want to have worked there anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I fail to see why my stance on guns would be relevant for a job...unless it's a gun store, obviously.
    You're obviously not qualified for the job then because you gave the wrong answer. Think inside the narrow pattern ffs!

Whereby 'whiny and unproductive' means not having the 'right' political views (pun intended):

The test includes questions revolving around a candidate’s stance on America, police, and guns (some were asked to Varney, who passed the test), but Reyes said he’s not concerned about discrimination lawsuits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Whereby 'whiny and unproductive' means not having the 'right' political views (pun intended):
    Yeah, this is just a political alignment test. This guy apparently thinks being anything but hard liner right wing means you're a special snowflake, which is funny since the far right is plagued with narcissistic personality disorder in like 95% of the people. It's like being a special snowflake, but with a huge ego, so worse.

"I believe police should do their job, and make proper judgment calls. Police should not target poor neighborhoods for stop and frisk. I respect everyone's right to own a gun but do not intend to buy any myself. America? I love it, and we're a great country that could use small improvements."

DIRTY LIBERAL SCUM, WHAT A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-03-24 at 04:00 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    CEO is likely a whiny unproductive snowflake himself, quite frankly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is just a political alignment test. This guy apparently thinks being anything but hard liner right wing means you're a special snowflake, which is funny since the far right is plagued with narcissistic personality disorder in like 95% of the people. It's like being a special snowflake, but with a huge ego, so worse.
    Its sort of like, if you think something, it must be true, because how could you possibly be wrong? If someone disagrees, clearly they just want to be different. Its a ridiculous mental state people back themselves into.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i totally fail to see how stance on guns for example helps define how adequate the applicant is or how well will he be performing (that is unless you are applying for a gunshop or a gun factory position i guess).

"I believe police should do their job, and make proper judgment calls. Police should not target poor neighborhoods for stop and frisk. I respect everyone's right to own a gun but do not intend to buy any myself. America? I love it, and we're a great country that could use small improvements."

DIRTY LIBERAL SCUM, WHAT A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE.
    The irony is so heavy it could crush a person.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    You didn't even bother to look. Look at Zarna Joshi and try to find someone on the right who's more triggered than her. There are certainly triggered people on both sides, but the left has been the loudest in recent times.
    Have you ever watched Beck/Limbaugh/Hannity/O'Reily? Limbaugh, especially. The frothing rage that guy would work himself into and you want to tell me you've never seen someone on the right get that "triggered"?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is awesome and funny at the same time. I had to take a personality test once, it asked me things like "is taking things home from work without permission stealing?" After I was hired I asked my manager, who in the hell could possibility fail that? He said, "You would be surprised..."
    How is that going to work? I'm going to see through personality tests like that and just pick whatever answers fits the company.

It's no different than choosing which parts of my resumes I send and which I don't.

Or maybe that's the true test and it means I'm not a snowflake?

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Have you ever watched Beck/Limbaugh/Hannity/O'Reily? Limbaugh, especially. The frothing rage that guy would work himself into and you want to tell me you've never seen someone on the right get that "triggered"?
    Forget these small fry; the best example is Trump.

'Oh no, someone said something about me. Better bitch about it on Twitter.'

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No state is above federal law, above the constitution.
    https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/

For starters:
    Civil Rights act protects both, people employed and those that seek employment.
    But nothign in there says anything about a person's political beliefs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Funny, but I would never want to work for any employeer that uses personality tests.
    You take a personality test when you interview, even if you're unaware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    The interviewer gauging your personality is markedly different from the interviewer trying to reduce personality to a calculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I'm yet to meet a triggered and constantly outraged left leaning person. Constantly outraged people on the far right however I meet almost on a weekly basis.
    It's called "projection".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    So you want to work fast food all your life?
    I work as an engineer for a material testing firm, required no personality test. It required a human interview where you talk to another person, not some vague questions to determine whether I'm an X or Y person - which is bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    You didn't even bother to look. Look at Zarna Joshi and try to find someone on the right who's more triggered than her. There are certainly triggered people on both sides, but the left has been the loudest in recent times.
    I'm talking about people I meet in real life, I can easily find examples online, you're right about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's called "projection".
    What you're doing is called confirmation bias.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    That is true. But I prefer the personality test that consists of human interaction and creating an opinion of a person through that, not vage questions on a sheet.

Deleted
    So basically if all the subscribers to George Takei's FB page, would apply for a job there, none would pass.

Nothing says "I'm not the one with a problem" like making everyone you're around run political purity tests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Nothing says "I'm not the one with a problem" like making everyone you're around run political purity tests.
    I'm sorry but SJWs need to be weeded out by any means necesarry.