Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    You're absolutely right. This guy took it too far. He's an example of what not to do. But he doesn't represent every single politician who is also religious.
    Technically he is a representative lol

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Technically he is a representative lol
    Touche

/asdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Really? You're going to blame 3.5 billion people for this?
    The proceeding was brought to you by MEN! We dont know what we did!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    So, if the parents do not want the child, it will probably end up in a state funded institution. Thus costing taxpayers even more money.

For a political faction that is so anti-tax, they sure do make some fucking boneheaded financial decisions.
    In the ideal Republican world everything is privatized, so those disabled children would be creating jobs in the health care field. Either way, the economy would move forward at a faster rate than it would have if no one had been born.

Religion is merely the messenger; a way for the masses to understand and sympathize. The actual message is cold, but it is logical.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-03-24 at 05:17 PM.

Well technically he is not wrong.
    The baby born as a result of rape can, and most likely will, turn out to be just a regular baby, same baby as if it was born as a result of consenting sex.

Chances are the whole rape experience will fuck up the mother and she will then fuck up the child while it'll be growing up, but then again it might not.

Child being a result of rape is not, actually a case of fetal malformation. Since the rape fetus is a perfectly fine fetus.

Whether it is a good idea to make the rape victim give birth to such a baby or not is another discussion.

Yes, rape is terrible. But a child born of rape could be the next Einstein or Gandhi. Who knows? He didn't say or even imply that rape is good.
    Life is such a beautiful thing, we should praise it above all else. All women should be put into a breeding frenzy so we can have as many babies as possible and give more chances for everyone to live. Don't you like living? All those unplanned babies will love living too!! One baby an year per woman, now!! For the miracle of life!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're absolutely right. This guy took it too far. He's an example of what not to do. But he doesn't represent every single politician who is also religious.
    At some point each and every representative who is religious will say that a reasoning they have is god's will. At that point the conversation is over, and honestly, the rep needs to resign. There is no place for religion in government.

I suspect you agree with at least some of this, however, so I'm mostly aiming at everyone, not just you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    In the ideal Republican world everything is privatized, so those disabled children would be creating jobs in the health care field. Either way, the economy would move forward at a faster rate than it would have if no one had been born.

Religion is merely the messenger; a way for the masses to understand and sympathize. The actual message is cold, but it is logical.
    Isn't OK the state where the GOP rep/sen was caught in a motel room with an underage boy? Are we really taking our cues from these people? How ridiculous do you have to be to live in that state?

If some big ass dude rapes him I wonder if he would call the police or if it would be an act of god?

But a child born of rape could be the next Einstein or Gandhi. Who knows? He didn't say or even imply that rape is good.

"Murder is wrong. But the guy he murdered might have ended up being an even worse murderer! Who knows?"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    If some big ass dude rapes him I wonder if he would call the police or if it would be an act of god?
    God made him do but only because God wanted him to go to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    "Murder is wrong. But the guy he murdered might have ended up being an even worse murderer! Who knows?"
    Well that is basically the logic that is used in the US behind capital punishment.
    As well as drone strikes and unlawful killing of people all over the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand his point. I don't agree, but I understand it.

Now, when he's willing to pass OK laws that take care of the child and the mother that is forced to bring the child to term, I'll also accept he is a moral person.

However, generally speaking, in the United States, people who are pro-life tend to be Republicans, and as a direct result, vote against welfare for others as well. Yes, there are exceptions. Maybe this guy is one of them. But I'm pretty sure I'd be right more often than wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Statistically speaking, Republican lawmakers are less likely to give birth than Democrats. I'm sure you know why.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Are they trying to get people to turn against their party? Or do people really still think like this in 2017? Fuck. I assume the Supreme Court will overturn this either way but it's still mind boggling that it was passed in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    This is what really religious people believe, it's called A Just World. It means that everything that happens to you, you deserve as part of gods plan. Misfortune of any kind is in other words something you had coming.
    I call it "extremely convenient excuse world". Who's it convenient to? To the god ofcourse. Person must always find excuses to "legitimize" him, no matter how far they have to reach. Bad things happen to you? You must not blame god, criticize him, question him or anything of the sort. You must think of it as test made for you. Good things happen to you? You must praise god for all of these, even if he had nothing to do with any of it.

And then the final nail in the coffin: You're ofcourse never allowed to test god in any way. And if you do, and he doesn't help you, then it means nothing because you weren't allowed to do that.

It's also extremely convenient for the follower, since everything they do, good or bad, they can just say "it's gods will".

I simply can't imagine this to sell to anyone in any way, if someone was trying to sell this to people under some other name and different circumstance today. But because it sold long ago, people keep buying it.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-03-24 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Isn't OK the state where the GOP rep/sen was caught in a motel room with an underage boy? Are we really taking our cues from these people? How ridiculous do you have to be to live in that state?
    If you want to bring vice into this and drag names into the dirt, that can be done with either sides of the political spectrum.

http://newstarget.com/2016-12-14-ano...tually-go.html

There is no place for slander in rational discussion.

Back to the original point; births are good for the local economy, which is a central pillar of the Republican platform. Is this false? I don't know, it makes sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Are they trying to get people to turn against their party? Or do people really still think like this in 2017? Fuck.
    People don't turn from the GOP because the GOP is pro-life.

The guy isn't even hiding that he's pushing a religious agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    NOTHING GOOD WILL EVER COME FROM RAPE.
    So you can certify that none of your ancestors was born from rape?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    If you want to bring vice into this and drag names into the dirt, that can be done with either sides of the political spectrum.

http://newstarget.com/2016-12-14-ano...tually-go.html
    Holy crazy-train batman! Wow, what a response - must have hit a sensitive button there, lol. And what a terrific source for a "fake news" story. Well done.

There is no place for slander in rational discussion.
    You need to learn what slander means. You remind me of those people who cried real tears when people were calling Trump racist. Telling the truth is neither slander nor name calling. It's telling the truth.

Back to the original point; births are good for the local economy, which is a central pillar of the Republican platform. Is this false? I don't know, it makes sense to me.
    Of course it makes sense to you, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Births are neither good nor bad for the economy, they are just births. The details are what matters. And in this case, we're talking about women's rights. Which is an issue the OK legislature seems to care not a whit about.

But they sure do like their young boys in motel rooms.
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-03-24 at 05:47 PM.