Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I question you to actively talk out your logic.

Not every piece of cosmetic is content. Mount serve a function in the game, and I would be fine with my class mount or one of the race mounts, I don't need some fancy ass shit. Neither do you honestly, it's just frill and fancy. It's not content.
    Well it is since it's a new mount being added to the game. But whatever. Again just because you don't see it as content doesn't make it so. Pet Battles are crap to me. Is it content? Yep. How about we talk out your logic of "I DON'T LIKE CONTENT SO IT DOESN'T EXIST" yeah?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-24 at 05:28 PM.

"Content" is just something that is in something. Everything in the game is content. What I consider to be meaningful content are raids, 5mans, quests, battlegrounds, scenarios, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    That'd be subjective, for some people content Is PvP, to some It's just story.

To me, "Content" Is story progression and raids with some PvP Improvements, a mix of all 3. Something new for everyone, but sadly that doesn't apply much these days, as most people are casuals and there's not much Hardcore content so to speak. Everyone can do anything In Legion. I believe In the older way of doing things, from Vanilla, TBC and wrath.

Namely TBC & Wrath, you dedicated and you got rewarded, you ran dungeons, then raids If you liked. If not, you PvPed. If neither of those, you did RPing even though there's few who do that In the large playerbase of WoW, but some still do.

It took time, dedication, teamwork, a guild most likely and some friends alongside luck. Now any random sod can have Mythic level gear, or better just by running a ton of Mythic + dungeons, or even pay money for It and get boosted.

And Legion's "Content" Is nothing but grinding upon unrewarding grinding so far, the 80 souls Illidan quest, got a pair of boots that Is probably a downgrade for you already because you ran tons of world quests and mythics. LFR Nightmare dropped gear that was also a downgrade, cause world quests gave you better, that whole LFR became useless. Artifact Power Is grindy as hell, a -must- for hardcore players, and then you dump It Into a generic 0.5 % damage upgrade 4th golden trait. Which btw Isn't going away In 7.2, It's returning with the new traits.

So far, TBC/Wrath remains the best expansions when It comes to given content, story, raids and PvP. Both were lacking many things, no expansion Is perfect not In the slightest. But TBC and wrath were close to being perfect If only Blizzard didn't go Casualcraft In Cataclysm.

And that's not even mentioning the horrificly bad Legendary system nicked from Diablo 3, the story that so far seems to be nicked from Starcraft 2 with Warhammer-like demonic space ships, totally not ripped from Chaos Ships who can now apparently warp around as they please and took 12+ years to build, as they weren't anywhere to be seen during the 2nd Invasion (Aka Warcraft 3) & finally the lack of real content so far, I mean 7.2 Is the first large content pack. It has a timeless isle-style area, broken shores (Again, lazy development, a timeless Isle thing should just be the entirity of the expansion zones, with added quests and storylines, I mean you have phasing tech since Mists, that's not hard to do now surely, and make It more open-worldy like In Vanilla, but better) a raid that will come weeks after launch and PvPers get... wait, what do they get? Oh right, nothing. Really, you couldn't come up with any PvP content? There's this whole Alliance are mad on the Horde cause they think the horde betrayed the Alliance at the shore thing? Nothing PvP-oriented around that? Or Greymane X Sylvannas again, where's any of them? Where's Anduin (Who got a new model but that sure as hell wasn't used well yet), where's Jaina? Turalyon and Alleria, nothing on that? (Still don't buy the whole "They were fighting a galactic war for millenia, but time passed different for them" explenation. Might as well call them Jedi)

So many potential In Legion, and they squander It by making It a casual mess, with a butchered lore, the entire expansion made to be a Nostalgia fest and heavily rellies on that, giving players what they wanted so long ago, but only give It to us now cause their subs are so low and WoD was such a failure (Aka Illidan, Demon Hunters, Vrukuls, Xavius and the nightmare, the Nightborne basically being the blood elves of this expansion) so on and so on.

I'd like content to be not re-used old content, story similar to the last expansions (Or their other games) and not relly on Nostalgia. Not to point fingers, but Mass Effect Andromeda has shown Itself to be different from It's previous trilogy. Same universe, but different races, another galaxy to discover and explore. Just do that with WoW, Innovate, new ideas Blizz. Not old. I see no bone of originality In Legion so far.

You made up reasons for the Legion to return and Illidan to appear as the good guy despite killing millions. You can make another planet appear and be relevant, a completely, new planet. New creatures, new race, new characters, new everything.
    Lot of things to say here....I'm a TBC fanboi also, but you say Blizzard went Casualcraft in Cata? No that started in WoTLK bro, it was exacerbated in Cata. I always say WoTLK is where Blizz shot themselves in the foot with many of the design choices drastically deviating from TBC while Cata lined their coffin.

WoTLK we had a lot of raids to do, but they became mostly obsolete when the next tier arrived, as opposed to having reasons to go back to old raids in Vanilla and TBC, mostly due to poor itemization and lower drop rates. It seemed like there was a lot more to do in WoTLK because that's when the game became super alt friendly, and people would get excited decking out more then just their main. Bear in mind this is before Blizz nuked the old world so at least leveling a new toon, could still take time, and had some challenge to it.

In TBC every time I logged on there was something for me to be doing on my main, that could progress me even when not raiding. Legion brings this back and I haven't been this addicted to the game since TBC (sadly with far less time). There is a reason to keep doing Dungeons again, there is a reason to go back to older raids as of now, there is a reason to do Quest. And as for re-used content, they nailed Kara imo. Recycled content is fine if done properly, when it's a blatant rehash like Onyxia, or ZA/ZG it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    For you maybe. Just because you don't want to focus on it doesn't mean it's not content. I hate Pet Battles doesn't stop it from being content.
    It does stop it from being content, it serves no purpose other that to appease filler. Pet Battles are no different than paper in a gift bag. Just because it's there doesn't make it useful or desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

It does stop it from being content, it serves no purpose other that to appease filler. Pet Battles are no different than paper in a gift bag. Just because it's there doesn't make it useful or desired.
    Again just because you dislike it doesn't stop it from being content. Not hard to understand. But since you keep wanting to run this in circles there is no point continuing with you.

Well it is since it's a new mount being added to the game. But whatever. Again just because you don't see it as content doesn't make it so. Pet Battles are crap to me. Is it content? Yep.
    I main a pally, Ive had a class mount since Vanilla. So, that's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty straightforward mostly. Quests, dungeons/raids, new battlegrounds, new zones, all are definitely content.

The grey area and usually arguments come in for some of the other more minor in-game things like more pet battles, slightly altering a skill tree, different color armor, a recycled dungeon with mobs that have more health and hit harder. Technically those and anything new added to a game are all are "content" too, but it's more a question of whether those small content adds justify a monthly sub fee and/or are enough new things in a game to continue gamer interest.

I main a pally, Ive had a class mount since Vanilla. So, that's wrong.
    And you are getting a new one added to the game soon. Enjoy your content if you choose to do it.

Me personally I will be partaking in this new CONTENT since the Shaman mount looks badass.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-24 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I find it even more silly that you guys think putting 1 blade of grass on a unreachable mountain in Highmountain is considered content..
    What if they added a quest chain that eventually lead you to see that one blade of grass. Would that be content?

What about a quest chain (like the 11 quests over 11 weeks) to obtain a class specific mount? Is that content?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not an idiotic comparison, but quit name calling. You have called people imbeciles and idiotic now. Just stop with the bullshit.

Now to your point, so anything inside the game is considered content to you? What a bland life, that you can be so enthralled with paper/cosmetics that it appeases you.
    The point is, anything Blizzard adds to the game that was not there before IS content. Now weather you participate in said content is up to you, but yes Pet battles are content, cosmetic skins are content, new quests are content, new lore is content.

What are you not seeing that everyone else in this thread is?

I don't think I ever said it was or that I agreed with the person who was saying it. 1 new mount being added to the game is content. It's not a lot of content but it still is. Pet Battles is content and is being expanded upon for 7.2 with the dungeon. I said not every piece of content has to be about story or character advancement.
    If your talking about mounts tied to the class then I would agree that its content. If your talking about a 39th color variation to a boar thrown on a random vendor in Highmountain then I would say its not content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What if they added a quest chain that eventually lead you to see that one blade of grass. Would that be content?

What about a quest chain (like the 11 quests over 11 weeks) to obtain a class specific mount? Is that content?

- - - Updated - - -

The point is, anything Blizzard adds to the game that was not there before IS content. Now weather you participate in said content is up to you, but yes Pet battles are content, cosmetic skins are content, new quests are content, new lore is content.

Simple Jay. It's the whole "It doesn't make me stronger or better so it's not content" argument yet MMOs have been doing this for years.

It seems the word "Content" is thrown around all the time on these forums and other forums and people get into several disputes when it comes to content this, content that.

But what I'd really like to know from you is, what do you consider "Content?"

For me it is anything new they add to the game that wasn't there before. Be it quests, rewards, dungeons, raids, class changes, items, new lore / dialogue, pretty much anything new that has me doing something.

I saw in another thread someone claiming that Blizzard adding the class mounts into the game is not content. Wouldn't all the quests, and dialogue, and class order hall cut scenes, and things you need to do to get the mount count as "content?"

Anyway, help me out here, what is "Content" to you?

Lets see...
    Battlegrounds.
    Raids.
    Dungeons.
    Quests.
    everything else is fluff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Whenever something is added to the game that can being interacted with.
    How about a cool vista that wasnt there before that you can only see? like maybe during the night time they added a visible world that you can only see at night? Is that visible world you see up in the sky (that wasnt there before) content? To me it is because you just spent time looking at it or admiring the view. You got enjoyment out of it even though you didn't directly interact with it with your character.

Its content.

How about a cool vista that wasnt there before that you can only see? like maybe during the night time they added a visible world that you can only see at night? Is that visible world you see up in the sky (that wasnt there before) content? To me it is because you just spent time looking at it or admiring the view. You got enjoyment out of it even though you didn't directly interact with it with your character.

Its content.
    Honestly. They should implement Vistas from GW2 or a Sightseeing Log like FF14 has. WoW really does have some pretty awesome locations to just look at. I'd love for there to be more chill content like that. And maybe even Jumping Puzzles.

Character progression, aka gear progression is content and story progression i guess but that stopped being relevant cause of datamining since WOTLK.

Whether its content for alts or catch up or a not it is considered content.

Pointless stuff like pet battles is not content, sure for the people that do this type of stuff it can be a couple of hours, but its not character progression therefor not content.

Everything is datamined , everything is known and consumed in matter of hours, people will never be satisfied.

The only content that doesnt get consumed instantly and by the majority is Raids, its why people start crying there is no content a few weeks after raids are out and not instantly.

Tanaan as example was consumed by any "raider" in a matter of hours, probably less than 4 hours, yet the crying started 2 months around August, not the first day.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I would call it content just like I would call the mount chain content. But telling me that correcting a tooltip typo is content is the silly part in these arguments.

Yes I would call it content just like I would call the mount chain content. But telling me that correcting a tooltip typo is content is the silly part in these arguments.
    Hotfixes are not content. It's usually fixing content that already exists. If they added new Timewalking dungeons in during a hotfix then that would be content of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly. They should implement Vistas from GW2 or a Sightseeing Log like FF14 has. WoW really does have some pretty awesome locations to just look at. I'd love for there to be more chill content like that. And maybe even Jumping Puzzles.
    One of the things that kept me playing GW2 was that there was a vista log that once you got your character in the location to view the vista, it would check it off the box sort of like an achievement.

Wouldn't it be cool if Blizzard added some sort of achievement that had the player going to hundreds of cool vistas in their next expansion and when flying was obtainable after pathfinder 3.0 the achievement would turn into a feat of strength? (since the obvious ease of just flying to the vista location would kill the whole point of getting to the difficult to reach vista).

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Lets see...
    Battlegrounds.
    Raids.
    Dungeons.
    Quests.
    everything else is fluff.
    Some people only play this game to collect mounts, that's content, some only do pet battles, that's content, some people only farm and do profs, that also, is content.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one ever said correcting a tool tip was content. The tool tip for whatever the tool tip was tipping us on was already there, they just made a gramatical correction or mathematical correction.