Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Basically their way to say dont farm 24/7 cuz its actually impossible to get before wow dies at AK 50. Its also their way to not add more points in 7.3 for the next raid(at least this is how I view it).

Even doing every raid on N/H/M every week and 15 M10+ a week at AK 50 it would take like 13k days or something like that. So its pretty obvious.
    LOL, never underestimate a korean or chinese for these challenges...

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    Then quit (my thread). problem solved.

"Oh noez sky is falling"

Every thread ever.
    Look kid I know you think that retort was edgy, but it quite literally no made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    They exponentially increased the AP required but also lowered the yield from each rank so it's not worth it to farm but also not worthless. They want that balance. If it's too good, people will grind.
    People will grind anyway.

There are people who actually enjoy doing it. Repetitive, mindless grinding.

865 trillion 842 billion 644 million 766 thousand 330 nice number.

record for largest number in wow at 10^14

Still a bit to go for 2^64's max of 10^19 but so much for number squishing.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Look kid I know you think that retort was edgy, but it quite literally no made sense.
    none sense for you either. thanks for bumping my thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    865 trillion 842 billion 644 million 766 thousand 330 nice number.

record for largest number in wow at 10^14

Still a bit to go for 2^64's max of 10^19 but so much for number squishing.
    They need squish level first.

Deleted
    we need a stat squish for AK

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    i made a spreadsheet that uses the new AK bonuses values

you would have to do 29 years of maw to get from 35 AP to 101 (max) in weapon at AK 50

assuming maws are +10 and 12min long
    Only 29 years.. Hmm. Think i need to restock my refreshments for 7.2

Are people really this stupid? Not saying the solution they found was perfect but c'mon people think for 2 seconds
    before spewing nonsense.

You DO NOT have to farm it, you will not be that far behind even if someone has 10 more traits than you, and then next week you
    get a new AK level and you catch up in a hour.

"Boo-hoo Mythics are going to be balanced around XX traits" so what?

At the maximum level it gives you (at 1.37 procs per minute) 269 primary stat, less than a Augmented Rune.
    They said they would not do that because it's TRIVIAL. Each level in theory increases your primary stat by 4.5, hardly something to die over.

This change also helps immensely with off-specs and alts as it is VERY EASY to get your weapons to a competitive level.

The grind is "infinite" because the end goal is not reachable, its not because you should pack your basement with supplies and spend all your time
    running content, otherwise you won't be competitive.

If it is not important and statistically impossible to get then why even have it?

Not sure why it is even in the game then. That really makes a lot of sense.

There has never been the idea of "infinite" progression before so why even pretend to have it now?
    Just cap artifact traits at some number each patch and be done with it.
    This is just silly. Because technically they are promoting grinding by giving you something that requires running the same content repeatedly.
    And this is supposedly the "alternate" progression path for the game. But then they say it has little value beyond a certain point.
    It must have some value if they left it in. Why advertise it if it is unobtainable unless you want people to keep pushing to get as much as possible?
    I can't imagine a better example of a carrot on a stick.

And then people turn around and say they don't want you to grind when everything about what they are pushing is to promote grinding....
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-03-25 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wareva View Post
    Are people really this stupid? Not saying the solution they found was perfect but c'mon people think for 2 seconds
    before spewing nonsense.

You DO NOT have to farm it, you will not be that far behind even if someone has 10 more traits than you, and then next week you
    get a new AK level and you catch up in a hour.
    I believe people will ask more artifact levels for PUGs

waaaaaaaaaaah, other people have more time then me..
    waaaaaaaah.

That seems to be the common complaint here and in game. so because someone grinds AP and gets more powerful people wanted it nerfed because they did not want to invest the same amount of time.

ah got ya.

Next step, standard gear when you zone into a raid instance i guess.

Guess now i can go back to gold grinding and have everyone cry we are destroying the economy because they can't grind gold too.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like BC/LK, but I want to know, CONTENTWISE, what was so great about it compared to live?
    classes were fun to play outside of raiding > content outside of raiding was enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    so much for number squishing.
    its pretty obvious by now that they think the wod numbers squish was one of their "mistakes" that led to wod being so unpopular
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-03-25 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    classes were fun to play outside of raiding > content outside of raiding was enjoyable

its pretty obvious by now that they think the wod numbers squish was one of their "mistakes" that led to wod being so unpopular
    they never accomplish squishing anything in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Can you read? I said "basically their way to say don't farm 24/7 cuz its actually impossible to get(as in trait 101) before wow dies at AK 50. IE: you can't farm from current traits to 101 if you were at AK 50 before wow dies because it takes something like 13k days. Wow would def be dead by then.
    you worded it poorly.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    lol. just don't level up to lvl 110 if you think you don't need grind this shit any more.
    But people can't do that...there is a grind, they feel they *need* to do it, and have no problems blaming Blizz for their lack of control.

As long as you work on getting AP often you don't really have to farm it. Just don't do activities that don't give any AP for days and you'll have all the AP you need to be "competitive". Sure Mythic raiders are going to want more and inevitably get as much as they can, but I'd rather we didn't design around that niche part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    As long as you work on getting AP often you don't really have to farm it. Just don't do activities that don't give any AP for days and you'll have all the AP you need to be "competitive". Sure Mythic raiders are going to want more and inevitably get as much as they can, but I'd rather we didn't design around that niche part of the game.
    I hope this system wont kill alts.

I don't really get how anyone can defend this change, where Blizzard in effect has taken their new progression system for the expansion and made it both a) infinite in terms of grinding and b) practically useless in terms of effect. I mean from where I am standing this just screams "don't bother because you will never grind enough for a meaningless change". Sometimes I wonder who the bloody "genius" who comes up with all the system-related ideas in Legion (and WoD for that matter) is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I don't really get how anyone can defend this change, where Blizzard in effect has taken their new progression system for the expansion and made it both a) infinite in terms of grinding and b) practically useless in terms of effect. I mean from where I am standing this just screams "don't bother because you will never grind enough for a meaningless change". Sometimes I wonder who the bloody "genius" who comes up with all the system-related ideas in Legion (and WoD for that matter) is.
    good comment