Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    835 requirement is pretty insane tbh, seen people push 130k dps lots of times.. By now wipes shouldnt even occur in LFR

item level requirements for nighthold are just way too low.

Deleted
    I always got the impression LFR was always too highly tuned for the intended audience.
    I always noticed that when there are not many people who carry, there are 90%+ wipes to come. But they seem to tune it around the reality which is there will always be a bunch of carriers in the group, and try to help make that happen by giving rewards that even high end raiders might want while also keeping it not too lucrative so that its mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I wonder abut this. All you need to do to get into the Guldan fight is, IIRC, kill the prior wings (do you even need that?). And NH LFR is 835 to queue at all, so you could easily get into Guldan at 840 or so. I'd still expect almost all class/spec combos to be around 200k at that level though, right?
    Not really, I leveled in this week my alt pally. Maybe 3 days later I hit 835 ilvl and went into NH straight away. Only 28 traits and very low relics and totally off stats. Its not that easy to pull good number with that mess instead of proper gear at start. I did not have problems because i know the fights and i know when to use cds etc but for people who dont raid normal/heroics it can be even harder.
    Im really surprised Blizz set only 835 ilvl for NH lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It actually is set too low. 835 ilvl when you can get 840+ from world quests (and let's not forget that ilvl in legion gets inflated a lot by the artifact and the first legendary drops very fast these days) for content that drops 855-865. I think at least Gul'dan should be 845+

A 25man group with everyone at the minimum ilvl would likely find it impossible to complete LFR without proper tactics and people playing their classes very well. LFR as it is now requires that a few high ilvl raiders join to carry the rest tbh. It's not even doable otherwise.
    Agree with all this - 835 is way too low. Now imagine if they'd dropped all the wings at once like the whiners wanted and almost no one in raid had any gear from the other lfr bosses :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by bollyblob View Post
    I always got the impression LFR was always too highly tuned for the intended audience.
    It was, back in DS/MoP. I remember trying to do Day 1 Durumu or Lei Shen on LFR; it was a train wreck! Then they nerfed it to the ground with WoD and it was stupidly easy. Legion's been no different, except it once again drops lower iLvl gear from the Normal+ raids instead of all new (read: garbage) gear like WoD did.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know i've done this before when wiping on tichondrius to enrage. seeing people at 200k dps with their ilvl is baffling. if we enrage because we're not doing enough dps, and youre not doing enough dps, im gonna call to kick you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    I know i've done this before when wiping on tichondrius to enrage. seeing people at 200k dps with their ilvl is baffling. if we enrage because we're not doing enough dps, and youre not doing enough dps, im gonna call to kick you
    The only LFR enrages I've seen is because half the dps are dead. All the wipes I've experienced are down to people not knowing and reacting to the mechanics.

A better system would be to increase the chances of loot if you surpass a DPS target normalised to your item level.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    A better system would be to increase the chances of loot.
    Just end it there and you'll just see higher DPS from everyone.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by bollyblob View Post
    For the "intended audience" the bosses should be target dummies that dance around for 10 min while "the players" watch netflix on their second monitors and after 10 min bosses fall over, hand out boxes of loot and remind players to whisper group members "you need that ring bro?"

i was about 740k on lfr guldan last night and idk how many people I saw under 150k it was disgusting

I blame stinking Blizzard. I couldn't care less about raiding. The only reason I even killed Guldan is because that's what was required to finish Suramar line and get that mount. My having to go into raids to finish professions or certain zone quests is just throwing me into a situation that's not really fun for me or productive for anybody else. However, I respect how it's THE thing for some people and that's great.

That being said, I usually do ok. Well, I do god awful the first time usually. I dodge and jump at EVERYTHING that happens. (and that's with DBM) Low dps in many of these cases just may be people having similar, awful, first run tries at a raid. Of course, if some lazy noob is just trying to lay around and do nothing, feel free to boot them.
    Last edited by Camthur; 2017-03-25 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    A better system would be to increase the chances of loot if you surpass a DPS target normalised to your item level.
    LOL - that's like giving tax breaks to the rich, and increasing taxes on the poor. Your right wing rules don't belong in WoW

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If you can't contribute you deserve to be booted.

Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post
    If you can't contribute you deserve to be booted.
    Then maybe, just maybe - Blizzard shouldn't gate professions behind these things. Sure - gate appearances etc.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

i don't know 99% wipe on guldan are just due to peoples tunnel dps him and completely ignore the eyes never hit the enrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    yeah. maybe blizz needs to accomplish this in LFR. auto-kick every dps under 200k dps
    Directly port their chars to a practice chamber that they can only leave once they have proven that they learned how to not be a burden on their group.

Haha just imagine. It'd be a huge Limbo with thousands of chars from baddies who'd rather quit than learn how to actually play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, Blizzard has made raiding mandatory for too much stuff ....
    Raiding is no longer mandatory.

*Cough* Mythic+ *Cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Raiding is no longer mandatory.
    Please read what I wrote... which was 100% correct.

M+ isn't required for a profession alt, raiding is.