Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LFR and mythic dungeons are considered on par by the devs in terms of gearing up for organized raiding. Obviously doing both have their benefits. LFR is still optional for non-raiders who do not want to touch raiding.

I've gone into Guldan 4 times now I think on LFR.

each has required 4 attempts to down him, we've had people doing 100k 200, 500k upwards. DPS isn't the issue. The issue is the tactics, this is the first time we've had a LFR where a handful of people who know the tactics can't do them while everyone else faceplants the boss. Everyone has to jump on those eyes otherwise it's a wipe. And that's what has wiped all my groups every time, they ignore the eyes, they then start to do the eyes, and wipe 3 is usually from tunneling guldan on the last 15% when the last eye comes up. I'm there like DONT IGNORE IT, GULDANS HP IS STILL 200M ODD!!! Nope wipe.

Two of the attempts, I've actually done 100k dps myself but I had to literally type everything single thing out as it was happening, and each time I've done that, it's gone down. Honestly they either need to reduce eye damage, reduce the number of eyes or get rid of the duplication ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

each has required 4 attempts to down him, we've had people doing 100k 200, 500k upwards. DPS isn't the issue. The issue is the tactics, this is the first time we've had a LFR where a handful of people who know the tactics can't do them while everyone else faceplants the boss. Everyone has to jump on those eyes otherwise it's a wipe. And that's what has wiped all my groups every time, they ignore the eyes, they then start to do the eyes, and wipe 3 is usually from tunneling guldan on the last 15% when the last eye comes up. I'm there like DONT IGNORE IT, GULDANS HP IS STILL 200M ODD!!! Nope wipe.

Two of the attempts, I've actually done 100k dps myself but I had to literally type everything single thing out as it was happening, and each time I've done that, it's gone down. Honestly they either need to reduce eye damage, reduce the number of eyes or get rid of the duplication ability.
    DPS is the issue. If you make mistakes and you die, you will always lose your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

If you kill the boss quickly enough you don't need to do all the mechanics, if you do the mechanics perfectly with low dps you still wipe.

DPS> Mechanics for LFR easily

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    The only thing I'm getting from that post is ~12 people who "clear normal+" aren't putting out enough DPS to carry LFR Gul'dan - only 6 people at 400k+?

FWIW I wouldn't kick anyone, but that surprised me. If there's enough people to pass a vote to kick people then... Well, that's that. That's how the system works - Why should the majority have to waste their time wiping so that the stacking buff can carry the rest? All about perspective.
    Pretty much this ^

I hate LFR and Afk every day, but I never got kicked. yea.

LFR is designed to kick low dps, not afkers.

Guldan is not just a dps fight , i have seen 880+ people moving alone with the binds and dying or healers not using their extra button etc etc .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The majority agreed to kick them, what's the problem?
    thats not how the kicksystem works....

Just healed LFR Gul'dan as enhance. Was 3rd or 4th on heals and ahead of a holy pally. That's why the low people get kicked. 2 Determination stacks and a bit rough in places, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats not how the kicksystem works....
    it is actually how this system works. kicking low dps/ilvl is justice and designed that way.
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-03-26 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    if you think your ilvl is low and you cant get 200k dps, then don't join LFR. This is not the content for you.
    Actually, it is. If you're at 835 ilvl, blizzard is saying that NH LFR is for you, otherwise the requirement would be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Actually, it is. If you're at 835 ilvl, blizzard is saying that NH LFR is for you, otherwise the requirement would be higher.
    lol. you can enter m+30 and mythic nighthold w/o any ilvl requirement, so you think they are for you?

be kicked out for low ilvl and dps = #justice lesson learned

Deleted
    There are two sied to the story.

I have been in LFR Gul'dan few times, and kill times are typically 10 - 12.5 minutes. Thats twice as long as nhc or even heroic. Furthermore, even at ilvl 835 or 840 you should pull 200k DPS single target, and since you can cleave in this fight, it should be even more.

On the other hand, there is plenty of people in 865+ gear in those groups. If you an not carry 5 or so people who are below 200k DPS, then you are not putting your best in, either.

For me, the solution is simple: I avoid LFR like the plague. I can be through nhc in ~90 mins, which is faster then doing all LFR parts. I can be through HC in ~2h, which is still faster then LFR, and my guild has not yet started Mythic.

Even on my twink, who is freshly dinged 110 (i managed to get him to 870 in 3 days), I can better go NH nhc then going LFR. So yeah.

835 isn't an excuse to play like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    lol. you can enter m+30 and mythic nighthold w/o any ilvl requirement, so you think they are for you?

be kicked out for low ilvl and dps = #justice lesson learned
    Didn't know there was an automatic queue for m+30 and mythic nighthold.

I didn't say it's wrong to kick people if you keep wiping because of low dps, but from what I've seen, it usually isn't about the dps, but people dying early in the fight because they have no idea what they're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    835 isn't an excuse to play like crap.
    Again a clueless nobody who's overestimating the dps someone does at 835 with completely random stats and no third relic.

Didn't know there was an automatic queue for m+30 and mythic nighthold.

I didn't say it's wrong to kick people if you keep wiping because of low dps, but from what I've seen, it usually isn't about the dps, but people dying early in the fight because they have no idea what they're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Again a clueless nobody who's overestimating the dps someone does at 835 with completely random stats and no third relic.
    Stop making excuses. Two relics or not you should not be barely pulling over WoD dps at 835.

I find it amusing how it's ok for people to do trash DPS in LFR but if 1 healer is in DPS spec it's the end of the frigging world yet that thing could be 3 healed.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-26 at 10:19 AM.

I saw group once wipe on LFR tich twice on beserk at around ~20% (so far off), with 3 of us doing over 600k dps... and big majority of others way under 200k... after 2nd wipe i just left and said i dont see this group killing it before 10 deter stacks... this is sad state of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    I saw group once wipe on LFR tich twice on beserk at around ~20% (so far off), with 3 of us doing over 600k dps... and big majority of others way under 200k... after 2nd wipe i just left and said i dont see this group killing it before 10 deter stacks... this is sad state of LFR.
    LFR shouldn't have Determination. But of course we have to for people who think it's ok to pull under 200k DPS.

Their group, their rules. Not sure why people complain.

Deleted
    With the way normal raids can be pugged I really struggle to understand the reasoning behind having lfr around. Such a toxic and unhelpful experience.