Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Alright, I'm gonna deviate from one of my usual tenets of not being a whiny entitled bitch when my favorite gaming company does something nice like this, but not even my Starcraft nostalgia can stop me from utterly vomit over the unit select cap and building management in BW. Skill cap bla bla bla. Workers not auto-working, able to select multiple buildings, and having to juggle half a dozen control groups to keep your units together is only detracting from the fun.

It's the same as when I feel like playing through the Warcraft 3 campaigns again and just getting annoyed over these frustrating, archaic limitations to the point where I just stop playing. Woah, look at my skill as I attack-move my 60~ units over with a command that now required 12 button clicks instead of 3.

Could've at least included an optional QoL version (and name it Unskilled Baby Mode so that the armchair korean pros can laugh over it) not used in melee matchmaking. I can live with garbage pathing AI, but I'd rather be fighting the enemy army instead of my keyboard and inability to keep 5 timers in my head at the same time.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-03-26 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remake Warcraft 1-3 in SC2 engine and I'd buy that.

Deleted
    Is there anything Blizzard won't milk for all its worth these days?
    I remember the days when these guys actually put effort into making new, original games.
    They are just complete rip off merchants these days, like pretty much everyone else I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    I remember the days when these guys actually put effort into making new, original games.
    They are just complete rip off merchants these days, like pretty much everyone else I suppose.
    We're in a time when EVERYTHING has already been done, books, movies, games, there's barely anything left TO be new, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    I'm talking about a REMAKE not a just a port.
    The mission reworked with actual cool feature and not the basic "kill all enemies", and with campaign mechanics, and high poly model doing ingame dialogue between mission. I'm talking about bringing SC1 campaign to the level of SC2.

That's uprez or just porting the mission to the SC2 engine is lame and lazy. That's not a way to make honor to the legacy of SC1.
    Have you considered that many people are not interested in a remake? They want to play the original. There is a site called GOG.com that makes a fortune selling MS-DOS games so there is certainly a market for them. Just because you don't like old games doesn't mean that no one else does. I would love to have the original Diablo fixed and updated to work well on modern computers and I'd happily buy it again, but I couldn't care less about a Diablo remake using the Diablo 3 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch are not new games? Could have fooled me.
    Last edited by Thrackerzod; 2017-03-26 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Am I the only one that's not really excited for this?

I'm more interested in the 1080p Cinematics than playing the campaign again
    Originally, the cinematics in a Blizzard game were meant to be the reward for completing a major in-game goal - you watched them to relax a little after an act boss or a tense mission. I really have no idea why anyone would want to watch those outside the context of the campaign.

Remake Warcraft 1-3 in SC2 engine and I'd buy that.
    Keep an eye on Chronicles of Azeroth for Warcraft 1 & 2, and Armies of Azeroth for Warcraft 3.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    orignyal versionwas much better than this.

this has to be a april fools joke

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Have you considered that many people are not interested in a remake? They want to play the original. There is a site called GOG.com that makes a fortune selling MS-DOS games so there is certainly a market for them. Just because you don't like old games doesn't mean that no one else does.
    Have you considered that you still can play SC1 just fine on ANY computer ?

Have you considered that you'll just pay to get a simple uprez so instead of having something that's "old pixel cool" you'll have "hugly high rez sprites" ?

And do you know what an "opportunity cost" is ? Instead of doing that shit so the korean can keep playing SC1 but "IN HD!!!!" they could have made a proper remake to SC1 so all the young player that never came around SC1 and all the other that have already done the previous version could enjoy it in a modern state ?

It's like remaking WC1 without changing anything expect the resolution, keeping the antic control system and calling it a day. That's just a fucking wast of time, resource and opportunity when you could make a proper remake that would take into account the retcons and style change that occured since the release of that old ass game.

Am I the only one that's not really excited for this?

I'm more interested in the 1080p Cinematics than playing the campaign again
    Nope, I would rather have SC1 on the SC2 engine as dlc instead. But heck at least the game is free now and with some mods, it's playable on the latest OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    WTB Diablo II HD now, kthx, love that game but playing at 800x600 hurts me.
    It's on the list - on their careers page, they've been hiring for remaking the classic games - D2 and W3 are on the list and mentioned in the ads.

Diablo II and Warcraft III remasters are coming for the 10 million people in this thread who are asking because they didn't see the Blizzard job posting on the web site from a few years ago.

Deleted
    You know what I would like remastered+ ? That old vikings game from Blizzard. it's '+', because I'd want levels remade in 3D and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Actually I'm here for FFXIV now. I just see front page shit cause it's uh, front page.
    Complains about an unoriginal company that cash grabs and plays final fantasy. the fucking irony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Diablo II and Warcraft III remasters are coming for the 10 million people in this thread who are asking because they didn't see the Blizzard job posting on the web site from a few years ago.
    And even when it does get remade you can be sure it'll be 9 pages from the same dipshits whining about the starcraft remaster.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Booooo.

Remake it in the SC2 engine.

Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Have you considered that you still can play SC1 just fine on ANY computer ?

Have you considered that you'll just pay to get a simple uprez so instead of having something that's "old pixel cool" you'll have "hugly high rez sprites" ?

And do you know what an "opportunity cost" is ? Instead of doing that shit so the korean can keep playing SC1 but "IN HD!!!!" they could have made a proper remake to SC1 so all the young player that never came around SC1 and all the other that have already done the previous version could enjoy it in a modern state ?

It's like remaking WC1 without changing anything expect the resolution, keeping the antic control system and calling it a day. That's just a fucking wast of time, resource and opportunity when you could make a proper remake that would take into account the retcons and style change that occured since the release of that old ass game.
    Starcraft is locked at 4:3 640x480 and it looks terrible on any modern HD+ 16:9/16:10/21:9 screen.

To everyone in here saying that SC1 will run fine on any computer: Not necessarily. Some old games just do not transfer well at all to new systems. I tried to get Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds to run a while back and its even newer than SC1. The screen was incredibly buggy because of the differences in resolution. It was all pixilated and terrible looking with lots of color errors. And moving to the outside edge of a map would crash the game.

This HD remake is a good thing and I doubt will be very expensive at all. And it ensures that SC1 will be playable for years ahead.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others said, a real remake in a new engine I'd be more excited about it. This honestly looks more like a mod or something done as a fan side project by a couple people.

It's free so not complaining, and I'm sure some hardcore SC1 people will enjoy it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    It's free so not complaining, and I'm sure some hardcore SC1 people will enjoy it.
    It won't be free, the current version (Battle.net Classic edition) will become free once the remastered version is released, the remastered version will be paid-for.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    I genuinely beleive this to be an april fools, having said that I know nothing of SC. But the remastered version looks identical to the original haha