Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Health Care Debacle: Trump Attacks Conservatives Over Bill Failure

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...ailure-n738656

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is attacking conservative lawmakers after the failure of the Republican bill to replace Obamacare.

On Twitter Sunday, Trump says: "Democrats are smiling in D.C. that the Freedom Caucus, with the help of Club For Growth and Heritage, have saved Planned Parenthood & Ocare!"

(Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Democrats are smiling in D.C. that the Freedom Caucus, with the help of Club For Growth and Heritage, have saved Planned Parenthood & Ocare!)

The Freedom Caucus is a hard-right group of House members who were largely responsible for blocking the bill to undo President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act. The bill was pulled from the House floor Friday in a humiliating political defeat for the president.

Trump initially focused his blame on Democrats for the failure and predicted a dire future for the current law.

Before the bill was pulled, Trump tweeted at the Freedom Caucus, saying Planned Parenthood funding would continue if they blocked the legislation.

Meanwhile, on Saturday night, a Trump tweet promoted a Fox News show that somewhat attacked Speaker Paul Ryan — the biggest backer of the health care bill. On Sunday morning, Ryan's advisers told NBC News that was merely "a fluke, not a conspiracy." They also said that "Speaker Ryan and the president are in a great place."
    Lady's and Gent's......Our President.

Also LOL to the bolded.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

what kind of healthcare does Russia have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    what kind of healthcare does Russia have?
    Crap even by our standards (~130th vs our ~30th WHO ranking). Think it's mostly vodka from vending machines.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...ailure-n738656

Lady's and Gent's......Our President.

Also LOL to the bolded.
    Trump is actually in a great spot. Ryan however is not.

Ryan was voted in office multiple times on repealing Obamacare, he touted many times that they had a better plan. They didn't, it was a bigly disaster. Ryans days are numbered.

The reason why Trump is in a great spot now is because the healthcare bill failed. Obamacare will explode, under his presidency and by the time it does Dems and Pubs will have to come to the table to renegotiate. This gives Trump all the room in the world to orchestrate a much better deal.

The frosting on the cake per say for Trump is that all these republicans ( Ryan included) who said they would never support Trump, will now have to play ball his way. Trump is literally their lifeline now for a career in politics. This failure essentially squashs republican dissent. It cost Trump nothing, and he gained a lot.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bold part is true for Trump. The bill sucked and I am not at all surprised it failed. If it had made it to the Senate, I was going to email my senator and urge him to vote against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Trump is actually in a great spot.
    Yes, establishing a precedent that he will attack and threaten Republicans who don't get on board and blame them for his failings.

I am sure they will be tripping over themselves to help him push his agenda in the future.

Trump and the Freedom Caucus cannibalizing each other can only be a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

They're best buds, like Starscream and Megatron.

The deflection tactic won't work in the long run. There's a reason Truman put the "buck stops here" sign on his desk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

lol somewhat negative? She literally started the show by calling on Ryan to resign

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's got an arrow pointing away from the desk right?
    Maybe Trump is going to start wearing an "I'm with accountable" t-shirt with an arrow pointing to the left. And then he takes loads of pictures standing on the right of anyone he can find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Maybe Trump is going to start wearing an "I'm with accountable" t-shirt with an arrow pointing to the left. And then he takes loads of pictures standing on the right of anyone he can find.
    Oh sure, blame the "left"!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes, establishing a precedent that he will attack and threaten Republicans who don't get on board and blame them for his failings.

I am sure they will be tripping over themselves to help him push his agenda in the future.
    Trump doesn't need establishment republicans, establishment republicans need Trump. Criticizing them is the right thing to do. They aren't doing anything to help Trump as it is, nor did anyone expect them to. Only people on the left think this is a failure.

Trump doesn't need establishment republicans, establishment republicans need Trump.
    You sure about that, chief?

Trump doesn't need establishment republicans, establishment republicans need Trump. Criticizing them is the right thing to do. They aren't doing anything to help Trump as it is, nor did anyone expect them to. Only people on the left think this is a failure.
    How is Trump going to accomplish anything of any lasting significance without the "establishment republicans" in congress?
    Beta Club Brosquad

I actually think you have a point. The most likely scenario is that Trump knows he'll never get any of his campaign promises through congress so he'll make a half-arsed effort so he can claim he did to his base. In the mean time he'll be scraping in as much money and connections as he can while he is in office and in preparation for further brand expansion, especially in China where he just got trademarks approved. At the end of four years he'll say he tried but the establishment didn't want it to happen and he'll ride off into the sunset with his mountains of taxpayer cash and a political landscape is tatters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand what the hell they have been doing the last 8 years. 8 years of swearing that Obamacare is the worst disaster in American history... Have they been pleasing each other in bed all this time, instead of working something out that is better than the worst disaster in history?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I just don't understand what the hell they have been doing the last 8 years. 8 years of swearing that Obamacare is the worst disaster in American history... Have they been pleasing each other in bed all this time, instead of working something out that is better than the worst disaster in history?
    Replacing it means massive work (against giant lobbyists), and repealing it means pissing off their base when they find out they lose their ACA healthcare along with that pesky "Obamacare" that's ruining everything.

It wasn't ever something they were going to actively work on. it's just a massive drum to rile the natives.

10+ Year Old Account
    The plan they put forward IS the results of them working on it for ~8 years. It was more or less Paul Ryan's plan that he's been pushing since 2009.

-Kujako-

They spent so much time gathering political capital that they never once considered what they should do with it once they have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    How is Trump going to accomplish anything of any lasting significance without the "establishment republicans" in congress?
    He's gonna pass all the laws himself, duh!