Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I hope there is some sort of time stop ability
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Dear lord, I don't hope so. Endtimes was/is awful.
    It's really what they did afterwards that was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    it wasn't awful, it was lacking details and reasons, the end time idea was awesome, bad guys winning is so rare that it is awesome

- - - Updated - - -

its literally the end of the world of warhammer, you can guess the rest, some people hates it because its the end
    Its not the end tho, read the end of it and see what happens, wont spoil it here tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

For those who dont know, warhammer ended with the destruction of the world, the death of all characters, and the chaos ultimate win.

do you think warcraft will receive the same treatment? esp since warcraft is inspired a lot by warhammer.

tbh, we kinda never see the bad guys win, but warhammer end even though many people hated it, was satisfying for me, though it needed a bit more details into it.
    In fact many of the old characters became gods in the new univers.

What I would like to see is that it happens the same as happened in WH with the elves. All the elves united under a single king, illidan can interpret that role

I doubt it will be that drastic but blizz did say they dont do happy endings so expect the worse.

I do sometimes wonder how WoW really will end or if it even will get a ending and not be just left open ended for future games that may never come.

For those who dont know, warhammer ended with the destruction of the world, the death of all characters, and the chaos ultimate win.

do you think warcraft will receive the same treatment? esp since warcraft is inspired a lot by warhammer.

tbh, we kinda never see the bad guys win, but warhammer end even though many people hated it, was satisfying for me, though it needed a bit more details into it.
    Didnt want to spoil it but you allready did, at the end of the fight when archaon and sigmar gets sucked into the massive chaos rift its only darkness the chaos gods leave the planet to seek other planets as all is dead, they failed to notice a tiny light in the endless darkness a glimmer of hope it was sigmar saving a piece of reality from beeing consumed by chaos. So it builds on a reboot of warhammer fantasy since the world did in fact not end it was saved in the last second by sigmar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    I doubt it will be that drastic but blizz did say they dont do happy endings so expect the worse.
    Really? The hell do they call Starcraft II? Everybody is friends, Raynor gets the girl, and she also happens to be God and is bringing planets back to life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Really? The hell do they call Starcraft II? Everybody is friends, Raynor gets the girl, and she also happens to be God and is bringing planets back to life.
    in SC2 they used Deux ex machina- like situation , i doubt they do the same in wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they even could, considering Warcraft is a valuable IP. Shareholders might go to court to prevent it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth actually wakeing up and it's citizens being able to continue to live once it happens, would be the best end the game could hope for. Warcraft isn't close to as dark and gritty as Warhammer. If Warcraft ended one day and it's a big if (insanely big if), it won't be some dreadfully depressing occurance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer Endtime is full of Doom and Gloom. There is very little optimisme in Warhammer and you really have to be lucky for something good to happend.

Warcraft is very different. The focus is totally on the idea, that the future will be better and that there is a better tomorrow if you fight for it. Khadgar is as a character the personification of the optimism in Warcraft, so it would be very wierd if everything just ended. Blizz could do it.... But it would be very far away from their current direction and it would end Warcraft.... Which is very unlikely.

Warhammer have many different versions of its world, Warcraft have only 1. If you destroy Azeroth, there is no warcraft. If Warhammers only active world was Endtime, i can promise you that GamesWorkshop would not have dared to have the world actually end.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I don't think Warcraft will go down like Warhammer, but it seems like a fair question to bring up. It's easy to take for granted by this point, but the Chronicle changed a lot.

Before the Chronicle, the Burning Legion and the Old Gods had influenced key parts of the story, but aside from tradition, there was nothing that made them more than major villains. There were a lot of other side villains and villains related to those two (the Lich King being ex-Legion and Azshara having ambiguous loyalties with the Old Gods), and other expansions were expected to pick from all of these villains, and perhaps introduce more over time while retiring old ones as they were defeated.

The Chronicle changed that, however. The Chronicle made the Old Gods/Void the universe villains, as in, their evil originated with and is invariably tied into the very fabric of the Warcraft universe itself. There is no bigger evil. The Burning Legion were now an army built from desperation to stop that universe-ending threat, giving them a very close second on importance.

And now what do we have? The Legion expansion has all been framed around defeating the Legion once and for all. Sure, maybe not literally tracking down every last demon, but everything has been poised for either the Legion wiping us out, or us finally cutting off their head to stop that (even if that means Kil'jaeden rather than Sargeras). So we're defeating the second biggest threat right now.

As for the Void, they've been getting teased like mad. Before the Chronicle, Cho'gall's Mythic dialogue could have been referencing anything, including cut content. After the Chronicle, we know he was already teasing the Void back then. Warlords of Draenor had a sizeable amount of it. This expansion has a crazy amount of it. Half the Old God stuff is laughing at us for even bothering with the Legion, and even Malfurion is worried we won't be able to finish dealing with the Legion in time. The Void is right around the corner, and the Void is the absolute end-all be-all villain now in the Warcraft universe.

Even if Legion didn't end up tying off a bunch of loose ends (which it has been pretty thorough with), it would be pretty hard to do anything after the Void. There was a time when I preferred that Blizzard not do a constant escalation, and they said as much themselves at the time, but it really seems like they have reconsidered. The Chronicle and Legion upped the stakes massively, and gave no way for them to come back down until the villains of the universe itself have been dealt with and we're left with nothing major.

I don't think Blizzard is just going to say "well that's it, Warcraft is over", but it really feels like they're preparing to do something special in the near future.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-03-28 at 07:04 PM.