Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The choices are to subsidise NYC or DC, both cities held in about the same disdain by heartland voters.
    with the Irony being, most NYers subsidize the "heartland"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    with the Irony being, most NYers subsidize the "heartland"
    Slick Bill Clinton signed NAFTA fucking over these people. The coasts should be grateful about how little of the boons of globalization they have to share, considering they lost nothing from it.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2017-03-28 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Yup, I'm sure the businesses are happy with losing money everytime Trump wants to golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Maybe if the left stopped encouraging violence against Trump and his family that money could have been saved. Videos of him getting shot get promoted as free speech, people are encouraged to punch his supporters, etc.
    Maybe if you educated yourself in the matter, you wouldn't need to spout conspiracy nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    And alternatively, that money would be spent elsewhere in the economy. It's not like it would be thrown in the garbage.

The point is that some spending is wasteful and some is not.
    We're talking 24 million tho. That's like 5 bucks relative to the government budget. We're not even talking the 500 million the Obama administration spent on Soolandra which was also relatively chump change. It's going into an economy. It's providing a service. I don't see the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    We're talking 24 million tho. That's like 5 bucks relative to the government budget. We're not even talking the 500 million the Obama administration spent on Soolandra which was also relatively chump change. It's going into an economy. It's providing a service. I don't see the issue.
    It's lowering the quality of life for millions of Americans in NYC, I know you consider them less than Joe sixpack in Missouri, but unfortunately they are citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're telling me New Yorkers object to having 24 million extra dollars pumped into the local economy? Let's not pretend this is true waste. It goes to pay salaries. Its not as if it's being thrown in the garbage never to be seen again.
    You aren't a very smart man are you? That is not even remotely close to how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if the left stopped encouraging violence against Trump and his family that money could have been saved. Videos of him getting shot get promoted as free speech, people are encouraged to punch his supporters, etc.
    1st) it is free speach
    2nd) Obama had the same issue, only he wasn't a giant twat about it

- - - Updated - - -

No, its coming form that state budget that we could use elsewhere.

Slick Bill Clinton signed NAFTA fucking over these people. The coasts should be grateful about how little of the boons of globalization they have to share, considering they lost nothing from it.
    I got news for you NAFTA had wide republican support same goes for TPP, so I am not sure why you are solely blaming Bill Clinton for something the conservative party widely supports.

It's just so petty, the people who are for open borders and cradle to grave welfare are now "concerned " about some small amount of money. It's just so petty and salty

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Maybe if a bunch of crazy protestors weren't trying to harm a 10 year old and the First Lady, police presence wouldn't be an issue. But god forbid a bunch of mentally deranged protestors avoid blocking traffic and creating a scene. Don't ask them to change. It's not as if they won't still be outside Trump tower with their pussy hats and conspiracy signs.
    Then you don't have the slightest idea what SS security detail entails.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    It's just so petty, the people who are for open borders and cradle to grave welfare are now "concerned " about some small amount of money. It's just so petty and salty
    It's more to do with the quality of life of New Yorkers, I would know, I was in Obama's detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Out of curiosity, what have previous presidents done when taking office if their children are still in school in other parts of the country? Is it normal for them to pull them from school and send them to one in DC?
    Yes, just like every person that moves for a job...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Maybe if a bunch of crazy protestors weren't trying to harm a 10 year old and the First Lady, police presence wouldn't be an issue. But god forbid a bunch of mentally deranged protestors avoid blocking traffic and creating a scene. Don't ask them to change. It's not as if they won't still be outside Trump tower with their pussy hats and conspiracy signs.
    So you also buy into the Cybrans conspiracy theory, that President Trump and his family are the first ones in history of presidential families to have security? Educate yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It's lowering the quality of life for millions of Americans in NYC, I know you consider them less than Joe sixpack in Missouri, but unfortunately they are citizens.
    How is it lowering the quality of life? Is the president not allowed to leave the White House now either?

- - - Updated - - -

Then you don't have the slightest idea what SS security detail entails.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more to do with the quality of life of New Yorkers, I would know, I was in Obama's detail.
    What the fuck does that mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, lets remember that those on welfare, not wanting to move for a job, so their kid can finish their year in school... is completely justified... let's also remember that the welfare recipient in this case is a billionaire...

How many welfare recipients could be covered for a year, for a billionaire to do this with tax payer dollars? This is petty, but bitching about welfare and "entitlements" of individuals who wouldn't receive nearly that amount if they stayed on welfare from birth, is justified? You know what petty means?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    How is it lowering the quality of life? Is the president not allowed to leave the White House now either?

- - - Updated - - -

The security detail for his child and and his wife, motorcades and trailblazing, road closures, train delays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, just like every person that moves for a job...
    Well the article wasn't about Donald moving, as he has already moved afaik.
    It was no attempt to defend the Trumps or anything, was genuinely interested if it was normal for the presidents family to also drop everything and move right away, and since it is normal for them to do that, its bad that they think they should stay in NYC, they would ave known beforehand that it means they would be expected to move to DC.
    Moving school sucks for a child though, unfair on him just because his dad decided he wanted to be president, but Donny should have thought about that i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

i'd imagine all the extra security and stuff around Trump tower is annoying for the people who live/work in that area

Didn't she say at one point that she was going to move into the white house after her son's school year was over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its more like Joe beer keg down there, but hey,

If this was not Cheetorito himself, I will say for context that this is stupid and just an reaction. I understand not wantingto move the future Uday or Qusay out of school.

Having said that Trump is again a BIG fat cheeto hypocrite. More to the fact that tax payer money is going to his pocket.

I read that Congress is calling for an accounting of the Mar a Largo trips and basically are tax payers getting taking advantage. Now is it political? Yes. You can also say how silent so called "conservatives" seem to be.

The estimated 40 - 60 million dollars in tax payer money is a small amount of money to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who elected Marlena Trump president?

You might want to read up what it's doing to the city where Trump frequents to golf. You know how much it costs for an airport to be shut down on the weekend? There are few people happy about all the trips... the biggest beneficiary being those owning the property where Trump golfs... if only we knew who that was...