Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What´s more worrying is that this "Exhausted" reputation level will probably be taken over to other expansions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Now I originally was looking forward to the new mounts because I foolishly thought the mounts had a chance to drop from Emissary caches but would be guaranteed in the Paragon cache. Unfortunately it looks like I need to do 6-7 Emissary caches just for an unknown % drop. I can somewhat understand Blizzard using the grind = longer subs attitude but for me personally tying these mounts to RNG really doesn't encourage me in repeating the same damn WQs for another 7 months. I wouldn't mind grinding 6-7 Emissaries if I was guranteed the mount but attaching unnecessary RNG to it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth
    I'm disappointed because it don't empower my char like the diablo one do or don't contribute to alts in any way, now if they give me each 10k earned a boa token for an alt then it would be worth the assle.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    That's kind of the issue. They want the mount, and they want to put the work in. However, if it's a random chance, then you don't know how much work you'll have to put in to get it, and that's sympathetically frustrating. This is a bad design for players, but great (in theory) to keep people playing longer, and grinding terrible world quests long after exalted.
    As an avid mount collector(340+ mounts), it's not a problem. This design is fine. To me, it's no different than mounts from raid bosses, world bosses, Zandalari rares, polar bear mount from daily, etc. If you want the mounts, put in the work. People also overestimate how long it'll take to get these caches, especially once flying is unlocked. 10k rep is not that much.

There will always be a grind for those willing to grind, whether its 'insane' reps, rare mounts, pets, toys, etc. They are cosmetic rewards gated behind a grind. It's nothing new, and it's been in every expansion. People are just jumping on this "RNG/Gated Expansion" bandwagon and rolling with it. Why isn't anyone complaining about the Gul'dan mount drop? I mean, it's a 1 in 100 chance from an end boss where you roll against 9-29 other people!!! So much RNG.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll get frustrated with not getting a mount after a few boxes. But that is part of the RNG/grind fun for getting mounts. It's what makes them special, and feel great when you finally get one.
    Last edited by Renley; 2017-03-27 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    I don't see the problem. This xpac have 1 or even 2 years left, doing only the daily cache (the one that exists since the start of the xpac) will get you like 100 paragon chests before the xpac ends. I am totally sure obtaining every mount is possible and "easy" if you do your daily work on just one character, not even considering you can have alts.
    If something, the paragon rewards adds something for the daily cache to be more worthy than it is right now (a decent ap boost outside of PvE/PvP content when you are alone and increase on legendary %); and i am totally sure the mount-farmers will have every mount in a matter of a month or so.
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2017-03-27 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    I don't see the problem. This xpac have 1 or even 2 years left, doing only the daily cache (the one that exists since the start of the xpac) will get you like 100 paragon chests before the xpac ends. I am totally sure obtaining every mount is possible and "easy" if you do your daily work on just one character, not even considering you can have alts.
    If something, the paragon rewards adds something for the daily cache to be more worthy than it is right now (a decent ap boost outside of PvE/PvP content when you are alone and increase on legendary %); and i am totally sure the mount-farmers will have every mount in a matter of a month or so.
    I don't know why you think Legion has a year or two left... 7.3 is the last patch and that will probably hit August/September

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol couldn't reply at all to my points for 3 posts in your own thread, all you can say is "huh what u saying i don't get it" then ignore people.

pathetic.
    It's the way you articulate and communicate, people generally don't respond to childish behaviour presented in all your posts

I don't know why you think Legion has a year or two left... 7.3 is the last patch and that will probably hit August/September

- - - Updated - - -

It's the way you articulate and communicate, people generally don't respond to childish behaviour presented in all your posts
    nothing was childish except your entitlement of oh once i've done 10 it should be 100% some mounts are rng some are 100%, these are rng get over it.

Deleted
    7.3 on august/sep -> raid on nov/dec -> 1 year of drought content.
    I am pretty sure we still have one and a half year if not more.

Deleted
    there was a time you achived exhalted and bought the mounts....
    now you only get a CHANCE for a mount.....
    (thank the diablo retard who made legion for that)

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    As an avid mount collector(340+ mounts), it's not a problem. This design is fine. To me, it's no different than mounts from raid bosses, world bosses, Zandalari rares, polar bear mount from daily, etc. If you want the mounts, put in the work. People also overestimate how long it'll take to get these caches, especially once flying is unlocked. 10k rep is not that much.

There will always be a grind for those willing to grind, whether its 'insane' reps, rare mounts, pets, toys, etc. They are cosmetic rewards gated behind a grind. It's nothing new, and it's been in every expansion. People are just jumping on this "RNG/Gated Expansion" bandwagon and rolling with it. Why isn't anyone complaining about the Gul'dan mount drop? I mean, it's a 1 in 100 chance from an end boss where you roll against 9-29 other people!!! So much RNG.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll get frustrated with not getting a mount after a few boxes. But that is part of the RNG/grind fun for getting mounts. It's what makes them special, and feel great when you finally get one.
    My point was not whether it is a workable system, or even a good one, simply that people's issue with it is not a matter of 'it's too much work'.

In a way, I think I'd rather it just be a large number of like 50 - 100k and it gives a box that has a guaranteed mount drop. At least you'd know you were working towards a set goal instead of just some random chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to it

15+ Year Old Account
    Im more upset that they are giving a flying carpet mount away. Flying carpets have been tailoring only mounts forever...

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would've preferred it if they'd have added the new mounts/toys etc. to the current quartermasters (Or pre-existing daily caches for mounts) instead of making more of a grind in the game.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a great system to actually use the rep gain again, I've been exalted with all of it (except the pvp talon faction) for a long time on 4 characters.

Regardless of the rewards.

Yes I think they should be fairly high drop chance aimed to get it before the next expansion without requiring ALL WQ 24/7, but also not as simple as 100%

From the Official Patch Notes:

"Legion Reputation Progress
    Reputation earned beyond Exalted will now contribute towards earning additional rewards from Broken Isles faction emissaries. These new reward caches have a rare chance to reward new faction mounts, such as the Highmountain Elderhorn, Wild Dreamrunner, and Leywoven Flying Carpet."

Rare like the Wondrous Wisdom Ball and Thistleleaf Adventurer? That's my guess.

It beats being capped on rep (like we have been for months) and having those rep tokens go to waste.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JehanneDarc View Post
    From the Official Patch Notes:

"Legion Reputation Progress
    Reputation earned beyond Exalted will now contribute towards earning additional rewards from Broken Isles faction emissaries. These new reward caches have a rare chance to reward new faction mounts, such as the Highmountain Elderhorn, Wild Dreamrunner, and Leywoven Flying Carpet."

Rare like the Wondrous Wisdom Ball and Thistleleaf Adventurer? That's my guess.
    Yeah unfortunately I probably won't bother, already took me 7 months for the fox mount and I have more pressing things to do with precious time than waste potentially 100+ hours on activities I don't enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    My point was not whether it is a workable system, or even a good one, simply that people's issue with it is not a matter of 'it's too much work'.
    If the issue isn't "it's too much work", what is the issue?

-RNG? Cause if so, my point still stands. It is exactly like any other RNG mount(raid/world boss mounts)
    -Gated? If so, my point still stands. It is exactly like any other gated mount(Argent Tourney/Firelands dailies/etc)
    -Combination of both? See above.

Point is, there is no issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah unfortunately I probably won't bother, already took me 7 months for the fox mount and I have more pressing things to do with precious time than waste potentially 100+ hours on activities I don't enjoy
    Mounts aren't designed for you then, and that is fine. These were designed for avid mount collectors, and random rewards for people who still do dailies. That is it. If you didn't like Argent Tourney gating/effort, and you don't like running raids/world bosses over and over again for slim chance at mounts, then you won't like this. And that is okay.
    Last edited by Renley; 2017-03-28 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    If the issue isn't "it's too much work", what is the issue?

-RNG? Cause if so, my point still stands. It is exactly like any other RNG mount(raid/world boss mounts)
    -Gated? If so, my point still stands. It is exactly like any other gated mount(Argent Tourney/Firelands dailies/etc)
    -Combination of both? See above.

Point is, there is no issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Mounts are designed for you then, and that is fine. These were designed for avid mount collectors, and random rewards for people who still do dailies. That is it. If you didn't like Argent Tourney gating/effort, and you don't like running raids/world bosses over and over again for slim chance at mounts, then you won't like this. And that is okay.
    I don't mind Argent mounts because it had a guranteed end

Deleted
    I don't mind Argent mounts because it had a guranteed end
    +1

With the 7.2 system you can grind and quest all you want but there is a chance you will never get it. That is stupid. Keep this to 1% mounts in instances and raids. Don´t change a system that worked for years.