Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question When was the aegis of aggramar stolen?

Why do we need to recover it from the cathedral? Didn't we get it as a reward from Odin for our valor trials and stash it in the middle of Dalaran? What happened?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    Why do we need to recover it from the cathedral? Didn't we get it as a reward from Odin for our valor trials and stash it in the middle of Dalaran? What happened?
    You have a point in that.

My question too. I really hate these gaps in the storytelling. The lantern from Heyla especially. Now this? Like....at least give us something.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering this too. I was curious if maybe we were bringing it their instead to try and seal off the portal or something.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Not only the iris was stolen? The Kirin tor are apperantly not only hypocrites but incapable of guarding things kept in magical safes designed to stop such attempts?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It wasn't. We're bringing it to the Cathedral in order to reactivate the wards.

Deleted
    It is not stolen. Quote from the Dungeon Journal:
    "In this new dungeon, you’ll assist Illidan and Maiev in making sure that the Aegis of Aggramar, one of the five Pillars of Creation, is properly sealed to help protect the Broken Shore against the Legion."
    I guess we will found you when we set foot in there. I bet its linked with something we have to do to in Tomb of Sargeras.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't stolen? I could easily be wrong here as I wasn't paying too much attention to the dialogue, but when you pick up the quest for Cathedral, I'm fairly certain Khad'gar gives the Aegis to Illidan to take into the instance, with Maiev joining him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest Text
    Be warned: Mephistroth will use all his power to stop you from placing the Aegis.
    Answer is there
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Not only the iris was stolen? The Kirin tor are apperantly not only hypocrites but incapable of guarding things kept in magical safes designed to stop such attempts?
    And the Heart of Kruul
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    It was never stolen? I mean, we grab it from dalaran, we place it in the cathedral, and we have to stop meph from taking it while it's getting placed....

10+ Year Old Account
    Skovald finally managed to PRUV HIS WURTH to OHDYNN and stole DE EEGIS and gave it to its REIGHTFUL OWHNERS.

I never did any PTR, just saw it during the end boss fight in the Cathedral, I assumed wrong :P .

7+ Year Old Account
    It wasnt stolen, we help illidan and maiev to bring the aegies into the dungeon as defense.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My question is, if the Aegis true purpose is to safeguard the sanity of Azeroth's world soul from the Old Gods as Aegwynn says, then why the fuck was it in the Halls of Valor and not somewhere where it could be doing what it was supposed to be doing?
    Blame Loken and Helya on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Here I'm still wondering why the Kirin Tor would've kept the heart of Highlord Kruul. Doesn't seem like something done for any other demon we've defeated as a concerted effort - and if it truly halts their resurrection in the Nether (implied but never stated outright) it makes sense we'd do it fall all the demonic bosses we've faced down.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    Blame Loken and Helya on that?
    He had no problem for ages briinging people to the halls, maybe hey couldn't handle his maximum valor overdrive so he didn't give it to him. Or maybe he forgot he had it
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Here I'm still wondering why the Kirin Tor would've kept the heart of Highlord Kruul. Doesn't seem like something done for any other demon we've defeated as a concerted effort - and if it truly halts their resurrection in the Nether (implied but never stated outright) it makes sense we'd do it fall all the demonic bosses we've faced down.
    Some body parts do hold strong magical power, take Gul'dans skull for example. So I'd wager it was just something they wanted to keep it out of the wrong hands and delay the resurrection on top. But as usual bit off more than they can chew.

- - - Updated - - -

My question is, if the Aegis true purpose is to safeguard the sanity of Azeroth's world soul from the Old Gods as Aegwynn says, then why the fuck was it in the Halls of Valor and not somewhere where it could be doing what it was supposed to be doing?
    My guess , Odyn needed a glittering prize to reward the truly valorous, so he took it and hands it out like candy to those who entertain him enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Don't we all like to keep the hearts of our enemies in the freezer? No?
    I thought that was just me - well, glad to see I'm not weird or anything.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest complaint with the Kirin tor has always been that they act like they are the best mages in the world and then constantly blunder and fuckup.

I mean why did they let xylem get close to the iris, and if they didn't why has their security never increased, the Kirin tor learn nothing
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-03-29 at 01:15 PM.
    Holy shit lol